Guild war card, Have you notice?

Re: Guild war card, Have you notice?

Postby DrRickso » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 am

Linyx wrote:We undermine the usefulness of the passive skills because it is only helpful for an auto spin team of the 20 energy mines and stomping .5 energy maps(which makes you miss out on cards). Almost all of the later chapters require you to have more hp and make the passive skill just as bad as all of the leader skills in the thread of bad cards. In order for it to be a useful card why not make it an hp stated cards so it won't simply be taking up space in our cards. A great active skill for that could be a 3 turn counter attack so that it doesn't have to eat a leader slot to be useful and wont have a repeat skill that fails next to its 6* version in anything but a leader slot. These are supposed to be hard to come by, personally I think over weighing a skill like 3x attack when most of the game is designed around hp or reduction is like telling us all that a card is good because it rolls big numbers when it doesn't matter. Since it will never get to attack a guild boss and 3x attack(race) is nowhere near as good as 2x atk and hp on a guild boss.

I agree 100% with this... late game is focused on needing high hp... 2x hp/atk is the best combo to go with since bosses have huge hp as well. how bout a 3x hp card to balanced :o ?
DrRickso

Postby Clos » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:02 pm

DrRickso wrote:I agree 100% with this... late game is focused on needing high hp... 2x hp/atk is the best combo to go with since bosses have huge hp as well. how bout a 3x hp card to balanced :o ?

I would expect a prime/rare GW card to be greater than regular cards. Something that helps you more than regular cards. A step up from what we have.
Example:
Regular card Vs GW Card
2x hp/attack Vs 3x hp/attack
2.5 hp Vs 3.5 hp
3700 healer Vs 5000 healer
50% reduction/type vs 50% reduction to all

These are the types of cards worth Gem Wars. You wanna make money on GW. Give players cards that will give them an upper hand in the game. Something others wish they had but cannot get.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby slacks » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:31 pm

DrRickso wrote:2x hp/atk is the best combo to go with since bosses have huge hp as well. how bout a 3x hp card to balanced :o ?

This is spot on.

I tried Auriel with Agni, God of Fire, and could only get my HP up to 13K. Using this matchup, I was able to get 247K damage off (371K to earth-based), but that was after 35 turns.

Any player that plans on getting their cooldown of 35 in a level 4+ scenario has little to no chance of getting to use her active skill in a leader slot since the tougher bosses hit 12K – many levels have two enemies who hit 6K+ each on the same timer making a healer as your co-leader, useless. So the attack at 3x is interesting, but the focus for GW rare cards should be on later level scenarios not 1-4 where a player with low HP can survive.

How is someone supposed to increase this card’s skill level when only four people in the entire game have two of this card?

If any concession is made, this card should also reduce the damage of other elements by 50% to compensate for sacrificing a 2x HP/Atk card in late level scenarios and possibly only reduce HP by 50% as well when used… not down to 1HP.

The cooldown timer as compared to the Panzers makes it even less valuable since they are 9, which means Panzers can pump out 30K damage four times in 36 spins (without factoring a 2x attack co-leader card).

Otherwise, thanks for increasing the attack value PM – glad you’re listening and continuing to improve the game.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Odin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 pm

Midas wrote:But Gigas and Medusa doesn't have such big attack, that then multiplied by 30.
Plus you can use this active to work perfectly with Grim Reaper passive, giving you insane damage and recovery.

Just drew some more idea.
medusa, succubus, vampire has x2 attack leader skill. Guild war card has X3 but those 3 are far more common than war card. so they can have elemental bonus, 1,5x. So if they got the element right, its still 3x anyway.

And grim passive its not gonna keep you alive till turn 35, anyone disagree?
Odin

Postby admin » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:54 am

I will double check with our design team on why the cooldown for the guild war boss cards are set to a large value when they return from vacation late next week. However, I need to dispel the expectation that guild war boss card are intended to be better than all other cards in the game. Keep in mind if that even if no buy uses Gems in the Guild War, we will still give away 100+ of them to top guilds and players who can hit 50k naturally. We do expect that guilds will spend some Gems to to claim them as trophies for themselves and/or their guild, but not so much to obtain them as the best cards in the game (which they are not when comparing to rarest cards like Zeus and Cyclops). They will have some uses due to their high stats and skills, but they will also have more trophy/prestige/aesthetic values as they cannot be obtained from recruits/shop and only can be obtained from guild wars.
admin
Site Admin

Postby slacks » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks for the response admin.

I for one do not expect the guild war card to be the best in the game, but I would certainly expect to be able to use it in the later maps (4 and beyond). Its been pointed out that HP plays a big part in the grand scheme of survival in DE to advance. In order to make this card usable for later levels, there has to be some HP benefit (especially since using its active skill reduces your HP to 1). At the moment, while the card makes a nice "trophy", usability is paramount when you're ditching an HP & Atk X2 card (i.e. Priestess of Light)) or Healer card as your leader.

Lastly, I think there is a blurred line between 6* cards evolved to 7* cards bought out of the guild shop as compared to 7* cards received from a guild war. If the guild war cards are not meant to be much better than a 6* card and equal to upgraded 7* cards from the shop, then it makes them much less desirable (even if they are rare). Most 7* cards from the shop have proven to be more useful for later levels than the GW cards.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Clos » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 pm

admin wrote:I will double check with our design team on why the cooldown for the guild war boss cards are set to a large value when they return from vacation late next week. However, I need to dispel the expectation that guild war boss card are intended to be better than all other cards in the game. Keep in mind if that even if no buy uses Gems in the Guild War, we will still give away 100+ of them to top guilds and players who can hit 50k naturally. We do expect that guilds will spend some Gems to to claim them as trophies for themselves and/or their guild, but not so much to obtain them as the best cards in the game (which they are not when comparing to rarest cards like Zeus and Cyclops). They will have some uses due to their high stats and skills, but they will also have more trophy/prestige/aesthetic values as they cannot be obtained from recruits/shop and only can be obtained from guild wars.

We'll sure with your current set up you can say this. I look at it in a player view. I'm definitely not spending gems on a card that is useless for the game and only a trophy card. If it did have use what makes you say people wouldn't spend as much if not more than to get a Zeus. I take the last war for instant. Many players had more than 100k. Some even hit 200k. I for one don't know anyone who could get more than 30-35k that hasn't already spent money on gems. With that said people had to spend a lot of gems to hit those numbers. If they are willing to spend that much on a trophy then I don't see how you could say they wouldn't spend more on a useful card. That's just my take on it but sure I know I've kept my money in my pocket because of the lack of motivation, however that isn't the case for others so you must be doing it the right way.
Clos

Postby Odin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Me. hit 32k without a dime. just good old panzers :))
Odin

Postby Clos » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:00 am

Odin wrote:Me. hit 32k without a dime. just good old panzers :))

32k each war without a dime. Impressive. You must be really lucky to have all those cards at your disposal. Even with Panzers I was only able to get that much in 1 war without spending a dime. Congrats to you sir.
Clos

Postby Midas » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:29 am

So don't spend gems in GW if you don't want card.
I'm sure there's plenty of players that want to have it and willing to spend gem or two for nice looking card.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion