Attention Playmage (On Behalf of Several Guilds)

Re: Attention Playmage (On Behalf of Several Guilds)

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:55 am

admin wrote:
fire ice wrote:Thanks to some of the leaders in the game, the perfect focus group filled with playmage customers/players was created. The suggestion was made and agreed apron by close to 50 players. I hope the suggestions are not taken lightly. If there is another gem battle I'm afraid lots of players will be discouraged.

We did not take the suggestion lightly have discussed it in details with key member of our design and dev team. However, we simply cannot change the competitive nature of "Guild War" by making it a static goal. Please keep in mind that this is not even a direct competitive feature where players can spend Gems to easily plunder other players for gains and the one who spend less gets plundered. This feature is a friendly/non-aggressive competition between guilds for different tiered prizes, so there are really no "losers" and only "smaller winners". After long consideration of all viable solutions (that will appease our players without bankrupting the game), the best we can do for the next war significantly improve the personal reward table so that majority of players in guilds that didn't get the desired guild rank are still well rewarded for their efforts in addition to the heap of guild points.

This is a puzzling statement. The guild reward were a fixed reward level that is being competed for by a variable number of guilds. By the nature of this the expenditure of effort, skill or money by the participants to improve their performance does not equate to more rewards for that effort (outside of guild points which are starting for a lot of players to have negligible value) and therefore we had the unedifying battle this GW where 3 guilds chased 2 'rewards'. The 'no loser' tag applied to the players in Murked Resil who bust their guts trying to get 2nd will ring hollow methinks.
The rat of hope in the statement however is the promise that the personal reward table may be adjusted to counter the above - I hope that this will help create a calmer guild war next time out.
Bigbadjohn

Postby fire ice » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks for the response. .:Staying optimistic:.
fire ice

Postby Ragnarok72 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:06 am

Might be an idea to raise the limit for getting the guild card if u want all players to contribute more. But if you'd do this the individual prizes should be somewhat better for lower ranked players in their guild as well imo.
Ragnarok72

Postby fire ice » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 pm

We'll the war looks exactly the same to me.... Very unfortunate.
fire ice

Postby Kabosh » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Yup, good thing I remained pessimistic. I wasn't let down!
Kabosh

Postby fire ice » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:50 pm

We'll just noticed they opened up top 5 over 50k get 7*.
fire ice

Postby Boop » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:10 am

I think the changes are acceptable, and promote the fact that more than 2 people in the guild are worthy of the prize.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby admin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:18 am

In addition to allowing the top 5 to earn the 7* card if their points exceed 50k, the 6* reward has also been extended down to the 10th place, as well as the 5* extending to all other members as long as points qualify.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Talon Lake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:45 am

Atleast the ability to get good cards here exists.
Keep in mind, It is a competition.. not a hand-out. Because everybody doesn't get the best doesn't mean the system is broken. -.-
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:20 am

Talon Lake wrote:Atleast the ability to get good cards here exists.
Keep in mind, It is a competition.. not a hand-out. Because everybody doesn't get the best doesn't mean the system is broken. -.-

It is still an internal competition between guild members - but a slight improvement. They have made sure that I could end up with zero incentive to spend money on gems - puzzling.
Bigbadjohn

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion