On/off Free Spins

On/off Free Spins

Postby mikeworld » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:50 pm

I find free spins useful only in Guild Wars and even getting FS in that is far and few
Quest, weekend maps, panzer maps, raid boss I find them useless the main reason being they "coincidentally" tend to show up just before my special skill(s) comes up.
They are also slower in pace than normal or auto spins.
Allow us to be able to turn Free Spins ON or OFF
mikeworld

Re: On/off Free Spins

Postby Boop » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:57 pm

I will have to agree that the spin rate is slower, and that does muff me a bit. The second point raised that I agree with is that the free spins interrupt skill usage, the ability to use activates during free spin would be great (or turn off as suggested above).
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby hamate » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:49 pm

on a similar note, cards that increase chance of free spins should be considered. only useful for guild wars but i would definitely get one
hamate

Postby xXimmortalXx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:07 am

Free spin is Gd.. I can just let it auto spin and think of boop on the other side :D
xXimmortalXx

Freeze 'Used Skills over X Turns' on Free Spins

Postby Boop » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 am

PM,

Had a pretty funny encounter. Let me elaborate.

I was fighting the Green Raid boss, so my Leader card is Achilles. Achilles has a 50% less damage for 5 turns activate. I waited for the boss to get to 1 turn to attack me, and activated the skill. I got 2 free spins back to back, and the damage reduction was wasted, and I took the full damage amount. I didn't die, because I'm not gambling on just a protective skill. But it does pose the question if 'free spins' should 'screw with your game plan'?

What if I was 100% counting on that damage reduction due to escalated damage? Ie: Maybe it becomes meta usage to run something like this for turn 20 of a Guild War, but I don't get my damage reduction thanks to free spins and die. It kind of reduces the reward of calculating skill usage cool downs vs known incoming set damage vs hp required.
Boop

Postby Odin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:43 am

hamate wrote:on a similar note, cards that increase chance of free spins should be considered. only useful for guild wars but i would definitely get one

Yay, more birdman :lol:
Odin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:46 am

[merged two related topics]

Thanks for the input on how free spin can cause problem with skills. The are part of the slots mechanism of the game so we cannot turn them off. Interruption of skill usage isn't an issue as well since it only reduces your cool down of all your members and you control when the skill will trigger. Boop's post does have a point however, and we will look into whether it's possible to change how "turns" for damage reduction/negation skills to be counted against boss turns instead of player turns in a future update.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Boop » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:57 am

Admin, merger is understandable. I should have thought about that actually.

And thanks for considering the defensive mechanisms and how free spin can affect your strategy.
Boop

Re: Freeze 'Used Skills over X Turns' on Free Spins

Postby mee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:50 pm

[quote="Boop"]PM,

Had a pretty funny encounter. Let me elaborate.

I was fighting the Green Raid boss, so my Leader card is Achilles. Achilles has a 50% less damage for 5 turns activate. I waited for the boss to get to 1 turn to attack me.

If it is life or revive time surely you know to wait for cd to be zero before activating skill, for that very same example you said above...with activating skill on zero no matter the amount of free spins that show up boss will attack before those free spins go into effect..thus your Achilles skill would have worked.
mee

Postby Boop » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Mee, correct, I could have waited till 0 and ensured it. But that isn't the point. What if there are 3 enemies, one with 3 CD, 2 CD and 1CD. So, when the 1 CD is now on 0 CD, you block that one successfully, and get free spins, then the 2 CD and 3CD (now being 1 CD and 2CD respectively) hit for full damage when you carefully calculated all 3 attacks to be within Achilles skill activate.

Guild Wars may evolve later to have more than 1 enemy/boss attacking on different CDs, and we should be able to calculate to the exact damage control and mitigation required for these evolving environments.
Boop

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion