admin: evolving, cp and skills...

Re: admin: evolving, cp and skills...

Postby Nakazawa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:39 am

The dragons skills are a problem. The damage increase Is too low to balance 15 more CD turns. To solve this (and not to exaggerate because from 5 to 6 there are 100 Stats more, more or less) I'd suggest make 6* skill CD to 20 OR give it more damage.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby DrRickso » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am

admin wrote:I will have to check with the design team on this, but most likely it's because the max stats increase drastically for those cards for each star level. The god series increase 500+ hp at max level each evolution in addition to other stats I think, but whether that's worth the extra 5CP cost increase for cards that don't change skills is something our design team needs to check.

Thank you... while the worth of the 8* jump is debatable, the 6-7* jump I think has the most disparity between skills and CP.
DrRickso

Postby admin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:02 am

Nakazawa wrote:The dragons skills are a problem. The damage increase Is too low to balance 15 more CD turns. To solve this (and not to exaggerate because from 5 to 6 there are 100 Stats more, more or less) I'd suggest make 6* skill CD to 20 OR give it more damage.

Actually, it's 20 turn CD increase (from 10 to 30), but the damage increases from 5X to 20X which is a bigger increase multiple than the CD. The maximum skill level of the new skill is also higher 20, so it can come back down to 10 CD (yes, that would take ages)
admin
Site Admin

Postby DrRickso » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:15 am

admin wrote:Actually, it's 20 turn CD increase (from 10 to 30), but the damage increases from 5X to 20X which is a bigger increase multiple than the CD. The maximum skill level of the new skill is also higher 20, so it can come back down to 10 CD (yes, that would take ages)

Doesn't that raise a flag in saying something's wrong here? For it to take ages to get down to a skill level that is no better than a lvl 7* base Panzer after ages means the 8* dragons need more usable abilities beyond filler without having to spend years "attempting" to level the skill.
DrRickso

Postby admin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:40 am

DrRickso wrote:
admin wrote:Actually, it's 20 turn CD increase (from 10 to 30), but the damage increases from 5X to 20X which is a bigger increase multiple than the CD. The maximum skill level of the new skill is also higher 20, so it can come back down to 10 CD (yes, that would take ages)

Doesn't that raise a flag in saying something's wrong here? For it to take ages to get down to a skill level that is no better than a lvl 7* base Panzer after ages means the 8* dragons need more usable abilities beyond filler without having to spend years "attempting" to level the skill.

7-star normal dragons take half of the CP as 7-star Panzer. Also, no one ever said the normal dragons are better than panzers dragon. Panzers are one of the best damage dealers, especially for max level players with high CP pool.
admin
Site Admin

Postby DrRickso » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 am

ok I was under the impression that an 8* dragon that takes time to build would be better than a 7* dragon that can be farmed (even though it's a different type). I have zero complaints on the panzers- just want to see more incentive for regular dragons beyond cp filler is all.
DrRickso

Postby Clos » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:45 am

DrRickso wrote:ok I was under the impression that an 8* dragon that takes time to build would be better than a 7* dragon that can be farmed (even though it's a different type). I have zero complaints on the panzers- just want to see more incentive for regular dragons beyond cp filler is all.

Agree
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby slacks » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:03 am

DrRickso wrote:ok I was under the impression that an 8* dragon that takes time to build would be better than a 7* dragon that can be farmed (even though it's a different type). I have zero complaints on the panzers- just want to see more incentive for regular dragons beyond cp filler is all.

Agree with this too...

Seems the disparity here is that giving a higher skill to any card 7* or 8* negates any chances of using lower star cards to feed that card to level its skill level. This prevents PM to give certain cards a higher active skill because it negates any chances of skill leveling.

For instance - for the regular fire dragons, the 7*'s active skill is 'Fire Breath III', but its 8* is the exact same. I'm going to guess that PMs conundrum is that if it changes its active skill to 'Fire Breath IV', then its near impossible to do any sort of skill leveling. I still disagree with the method of skill leveling, which appears to be hindering properly setting higher skills for 7* and 8* cards since they rely on cards that are already extremely rare to level them at a 15% chance.

I've mentioned solutions before, but I think either of the following should be considered:

- Skill level potions awarded at each 10 levels above 100 or as a rare item in the shop.
- Increase the chance of upgrading cards to be at least double the current 15%
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Midas » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:08 am

Fire Breath IV - is Fire Panzer dragons skill, with completely different CD.
But I agree about increasing chances to 30% at least.

Good thing is that currently you can feed 8* dragons with 6* - they have same skill)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Odin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:39 am

Jeesh. bunch of wuss. panzer lvling skill is the only interesting to do after the BigOne(thanks to middas).
You want 30%? Huh? how about we max 3 in your face see if you like it then. no pain no gain.
Odin

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion