admin: evolving, cp and skills...

admin: evolving, cp and skills...

Postby DrRickso » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:23 pm

could you look into the mechanics of evolving cards and the relation to cp? i dont understand the purpose of upgrading cards like reaper, zeus, and cyclops (amongst others). 6-8* has a jump in cp, yet the skills remain relatively the same. i understand that theres a modest stat increase, but shouldnt evolving be something that is sought after for something beyond a minor stat bump?

i get that 8* cyclops has a higher direct damage, but the counter goes up as well. zeus stays at 30% and reaper skill doesnt change. why the huge increase in cp? if i have a 6* reaper, and can fit it in my team- why should i be discouraged from evolving it beacuse i can no longer use it that team?

my suggestion is, either cp should remain static across evolution, the skill counter should decrease, or the ability/stats should significantly improve to justify the cp increase. i would think any of this would encourage people to seek duplicate cards for the sake of evolution- especially in light of your planned guild shop limitations.
DrRickso

Re: admin: evolving, cp and skills...

Postby Slikknick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:44 pm

I agree with this, and regret evolving my reaper/zeus to 8 due to the lack of skill increase in relation to the massive amounts of cp they demand
Slikknick

Postby Boop » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:22 pm

40CP for my 8* Gabrielle means I can't actually fit any other demons into the team to benefit from the x1.5 HP/ATK. I share this pain, although it's kind of comical.

I personally think the CP increase is fine, because it prevents people at low levels fielding obscene teams. What needs to happen is an increase in the CP ceiling (ie: higher level cap) to allow for better team compositions to exist as these 8* monsters are slowly becoming more common.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Slikknick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 pm

At lower levels the cp is low enough to prevent most players from even using an 8* card without dieing from it due to lack of hp. I think the cap and arc needs to be increased so that higher levels can actually benefit from evolving it rather then just their friends benefiting from it.
Slikknick

Postby DrRickso » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Slikknick wrote: I think the cap and arc needs to be increased so that higher levels can actually benefit from evolving it rather then just their friends benefiting from it.

this! im lvl 150 and have cards that I cannot utilize- and will only serve the purpose of someone else using it. 7* charybdis, 8* auriel for example. cant put together decent teams to take advantage of their leader skills and was better off with the lesser * versions
DrRickso

Postby Midas » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:09 am

Reaper skill change on 8* - it become Flame Comet II, adding 10k of defense ignoring damage.
But this get us to other problem - if you want to level skill of 8* card (Like reaper or cyclops), you need to get 8* cards with same skills. Because skill level reset if evolved card change skill.

If 8* Zeus use same skill - you can feed him with 6* Zeuses, raising skill level in less painful ways)

And about skill cooldowns - most interesting is change on 5* to 6* dragons.
We see whooping increase from 15 CD to 30 CD.

This is very strange behavior. It's better to leave dragons at 5* and use them to fill empty 10 CP slots at GW.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Rudran » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:42 am

Incoming changes to Zeus, thanks Midas... :lol:
Rudran

Postby Clos » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:31 am

Yeah the set up of this is really messed up and the one thing good about this game will be taken away in a couple of days. I really think PM needs to fix this problem instead of the shop which hasn't been a problem. I had to play this game for months before I got my Zeus to appear. Yes I got an 8* by buying four which was really the only reason I was contemplating spending my $$ because I felt PM finally game me something worth paying for. It's like I've been in a restaurant and they kept getting my order wrong so I refused to pay. Finally when I got the right order and it was delicious they tell me that the portion was too big.

If you guys want people to spend more $$ make the things worth getting actually usefull. Other than Arena I see no use of spending my $$ to get an 8* when the 6* even 7* is just as good in my team and I can fit another good card in that team with the cp restriction. Maybe when the lvl cap goes up then the use of having extra hp from the same cards will make sense.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby admin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:21 am

I will have to check with the design team on this, but most likely it's because the max stats increase drastically for those cards for each star level. The god series increase 500+ hp at max level each evolution in addition to other stats I think, but whether that's worth the extra 5CP cost increase for cards that don't change skills is something our design team needs to check.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Clos » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:48 am

admin wrote:I will have to check with the design team on this, but most likely it's because the max stats increase drastically for those cards for each star level. The god series increase 500+ hp at max level each evolution in addition to other stats I think, but whether that's worth the extra 5CP cost increase for cards that don't change skills is something our design team needs to check.

Thanks. Most games increase stats and skill power as evolution happens and this would drastically increase my interest in this game.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion