So is this what the game boils down to?

So is this what the game boils down to?

Postby Ouryus » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Started the game about a month ago and have been having fun but I noticed the game boils down to main cards including the Holy Priestess and a HP leader.

You or a friend *must* have a good healer (best one is the holy priestess) and you or a friend *must* have a health booster leader, preferably 2x or 2.5x.

These days newer people just delete their account over and over to get the holy priestess, go through the levels, join a guild and friends have several hp booster cards. Other people join and have to work toward a health leader or healer which can take a month to do (I'm level 60 after a month, still don't have either but friends do). If your only holy priestess friend changes their leader, opps, got to go to a lower chapter and hope another uses it and friend them.

To put in perspective, I have a 6 star and four 5 star cards at around 4200health with a holy priestess friend healing. Stuck at chapter four because everything hits past 4K and haven't seen a light maiden in a level 7 guild shop for two weeks, even checking 3 times a day so I'm basically stuck.

Now I'm stuck just logging in, burning through 50~ energy leveling baby dragons and checking the guild shop every now and then.

Is this what the game boils down to, healing friends or hp booster friends?
Ouryus

Re: So is this what the game boils down to?

Postby DrRickso » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 am

basically, yes.

there are specific boards that require something different, like hell marionette/golem, cyclops, half element damage. but even then, you're usually better off with a healer as your other leader. most of the game, I went through with a healer and paired with 2x hp/atk or 2.5x hp. once you get passed chapter four, you'll start seeing the need for an hp card in the middle of your lineup as well.

it can be a frustrating game if you don't have the key cards needed. at least healer and hp bump cards you can pair with someone else as long as you have one of them... hp card you'll need to have as pairing with someone will eliminate healer or hp bump from your skills.
DrRickso

Postby Nakazawa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Can't you just set a 3* golem as leader and have a friend's priestess?
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby Midas » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:59 pm

It's better to start game from beginning and get this healer as first 6* recruit.
I did same - after month I found that stuck without healer, read forums and find suggestion to restart.

If You will earn same level 60 in two weeks at second run)

So delete account, create new and finish tutorial. Do this until you get either Holy Priestess or Saintess of Ocean.
Trust me, it will be much easy and faster to play.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Boop » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:37 pm

I started with the green healer. She's meh at best. Get into a guild, do your part, and buy your better healer/leaders later. :)
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby DrRickso » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:40 pm

same here on starting with green healer... she's the third best of the three starting healers but you can get by with it until your guild shop throws you a maiden
DrRickso

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:17 am

Well at this time I strongly suggest you go for the light healer, since with the latest uppdate u'll need to find a holy maiden 4 times in ur shop before having a decent healer...
Ragnarok72

Postby Bigbadjohn » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:02 pm

My personal preference for starting 6* would be Agni, Demeter, Posiedon.

On a meta game theory I never found healers hard to find and those three give the fastest access to the difficult treasure map and the generation
of lots of cash.

The big step however is that you will not get access to the panzer dragons until you have a hp card and the guild shop changes make getting a 7* one a lot harder than it used to be.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Ronin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Midas wrote:It's better to start game from beginning and get this healer as first 6* recruit.
I did same - after month I found that stuck without healer, read forums and find suggestion to restart.

If You will earn same level 60 in two weeks at second run)

So delete account, create new and finish tutorial. Do this until you get either Holy Priestess or Saintess of Ocean.
Trust me, it will be much easy and faster to play.

I did the same. I restarted the game several times to get the Light Healer. Now I'm back at level 67 and lvling fast (around 3 weeks later).
Dont forget to put a Friend's ID Code at the end of the tutorial to win 5 free Energy Potions too.
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Postby epeets » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Bigbadjohn wrote:My personal preference for starting 6* would be Agni, Demeter, Posiedon.

On a meta game theory I never found healers hard to find and those three give the fastest access to the difficult treasure map and the generation
of lots of cash.

The big step however is that you will not get access to the panzer dragons until you have a hp card and the guild shop changes make getting a 7* one a lot harder than it used to be.

I started with Agni and I've not had a problem getting stuck or anything. They game is still enjoyable now over lvl 60 and I have a few teams. I'm trying to get special monsters like Raid Bosses and hopefully, I'll be able to get Panzer cards soon even though I'm not that impressed with the Panzer cards abilities. I would really like to get more God cards like Poseidon and Demeter. I highly doubt I would be able to though. :lol:
epeets

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion