Tree of Life

Re: Tree of Life

Postby Midas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:22 pm

You can get Marionette friend at any game tier.
No need of high-tier clan for it.

But in situation when you don't have a healer and marionette cards this GW will be terrible.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Lickzy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Proton wrote:Cry moar. Maybe they now remove the shop altogether so your tears don't go to waste.

+ 1
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby Midas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Bigbadjohn wrote:I know a player who is level 50+ has spent money on gems (and got absolute crap) who will probably score their lowest guild war total including the one that they started at level 10.

This is why I strongly suggest to restart game until you get healer as 6* starting card.
I did it myself around level 40+, after I found that my Poison Lotus was nice, but not enough help on higher levels.
Midas

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Midas wrote:You can get Marionette friend at any game tier.
No need of high-tier clan for it.

But in situation when you don't have a healer and marionette cards this GW will be terrible.

Midas - this is the position of quite a few players - why the devs decided to shaft this group who have take some cajoling to get them involved is beyond comprehension. Oh well as one of my friends always says "Better to have low expectations of others and you will never feel let down". ;)
Bigbadjohn

Postby Lickzy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:39 pm

I want to echo some of bigbad's comments. The point spread of this guild war and difficulty is too extreme. If you're high level with the right card set, you're guarantee killing this tree every single time in 12 turns or less. If you aren't high level and lack access to powerful cards with short timers ( Panzers come to mind) youre screwed. Some of us will be getting 1150ish GP every 3 hours where it will be near impossible for many low to mid levels players to get anything.. Unless ofcourse you use the magma fish insta-kill trick... But that's not to be discussed publicly. :D

Seems like there is no happy median... in this and all other game aspects.
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby Midas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Yes, they need to lower defense of boss to 2k or something.
Many people got 0 points and become very frustrated.

This change doesn't affect high-tier of players, but will help others to participate in Guild War.
Midas

Postby admin » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Given it's the weekend and I can't contact the design team, it's not sure whether the 6K defense is intentional to make the boss different or just a typo with an extra 0. Either way, I agree that alienating new and lower level players is bad and not worth having the boss to be different. I have lowered the defense to 600 for now.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:18 pm

thanks - probably too easy now but I messaged the newer players - the changes to the damage cycle were good for those who are confident with what they are doing but a struggle for the less experienced players.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Proton » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:37 pm

It's a bloody recovery boss, it should have low hp but high defense.
Proton

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Proton wrote:It's a bloody recovery boss, it should have low hp but high defense.

I can see why they did it but one of the players I introduced managed to score 0 on a run which is quite depressing for them. From a personal perspective I would like to see this green boss the nastiest SOB in history as I have great red cards, but as Lickzy agreed it may create too great a gulf between the top and bottom.

Hope the admin doesn't get rapped knuckles for this :oops:
Bigbadjohn

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion