Upgrading skills

Upgrading skills

Postby Ragnarok72 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:45 am

I wonder why similar skills cant provide us with a lower chance of a skill lvl up.. U need a card with with exact the same skill to get a 15% chance, but I've been wondering why a similar skill of a lower lvl cant give for example a 7.5% chance per card... Or similar skills from different element give a lowered chance at a skill level up as well. Let me give two examples:

1-a Cerberus' "does heavy fire damage to a single enemy" gives a 5% chance at lvling up a Gigas the Saboteur's skill "does heavy earth damage...
2-A medusa's skill gives half the chance (7,5%) at lvling up a Medusa the Jealous' skill..

There are various skills which are so obviously similar I think its very strange they give a zero percent chance at lvling up another card's skill. Even a vampire queen's skill gives 0% chance at lvling up a vampire skill!?
Ragnarok72

Re: Upgrading skills

Postby Nakazawa » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:34 am

Good idea but it's very unlikely to happen, since upgrading skills is the last thing to do for uber players. But I hope I'm wrong.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby squeaky » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:40 pm

if you dont mind me asking how do you upgrade your skill im still new to the game and i dont know how i do it or if i need to pay to do it
squeaky

Postby Durst » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:01 am

You strengthen the card you want to skill up with cards with the same skill. E.g., if I want to skill up a crocosaurus with Weaken Armor, I need to strengthen it with other cards that have Weaken Armor, such as parrot chatter, lightning kraken, crocodile, and other crocosaurus cards. Each card you use in a single strengthening gives you a +15% chance of the skill level increasing, to a maximum of 90% at six cards.

Examples:

I started the game with a Maiden of Darkness 6* card, which has the Poison Gas skill. To skill it up, I strengthened it with 2* night snakes (also have Poison Gas skill), 6 at a time, giving me a 90% chance each strengthening of increasing her skill level. Nice and easy.

In contrast, if you manage to put together/buy/find a 6* or higher card, say a 7* Ultimate Sea Dragon (semi-final form of the baby water dragon), which has the Ice Breath 3 skill, you're gonna have a very tough time skilling it up. The only other cards I know of that have Ice Breath 3 are other 6*+ water dragon evolutions, which take 16 or more baby water dragons to make. And even if you put together one and sacrifice it to try to skill up your Ultimate Sea Dragon, you only have a 15% chance of it succeeding.
Durst

Return to Dragon Era Discussion