plz consider lowering upgrade cost of guild

Re: plz consider lowering upgrade cost of guild

Postby fire ice » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:18 pm

admin wrote:The upgrade cost will not be lowered because we are not planning to increase the guild levels again (at least for another year or possibly two).

Oh okay so you just want people to get board and quit. That makes more sence then doing multiple upgrade releases, instead let's just kill the game. At the rate this is going I won't make it another year playing this game, much less two.
fire ice

Postby admin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Bigbadjohn wrote:The cost does seem ridiculously steep - 1.04 billion for 37, if it keeps doubling for the next three steps that makes it 15.8 billion to get shop 8 - (BTW is that the shop level that gets the 3% chance of 6*?).

32 players therefore are each going to have to raise around 500 million each, or 5 million guild points!! It is hard enough to find something to do with 50000 gp at times, so what on earth do we do each with 5 million!

If my figures are incorrect - admin - just post them so at least we know it is not going to take 5 years to get guild shop level 8!!!!

It won't take nearly that long as you are underestimating how fast players can farm coins and the number of players with several million coins on hand. We actually were planning on stopping at 35 (there aren't many game that constantly increase guild levels which spreads the player gap), but since several guilds hit 35, we added 5 more levels really as a stretch/long-term goal so the donated fund eventually have some use.

Anyways, I have forwarded this to the design team and they have agreed to lower the total cost to go from 35 to 40 by more than half by tapping out the curve starting at 37. This won't change our plan to keep the maximum at 40 for a long time however.
admin
Site Admin

Postby DrRickso » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:43 pm

thanks admin! cutting that cost down will go a long way in retaining interest. after spending the time getting to 40 and being able to use the shop earlier, those players will stick around longer.
DrRickso

Postby Mumm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:00 pm

yay some good news thanks admin!
Mumm

Postby Clos » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 am

Looking forward to getting the new Guild Shop. I wanna see how good it is.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby Bigbadjohn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 am

Clos wrote:Looking forward to getting the new Guild Shop. I wanna see how good it is.

You will be getting a lot of birthday cards before that! ;)
Bigbadjohn

Postby Clos » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:51 am

Bigbadjohn wrote:
Clos wrote:Looking forward to getting the new Guild Shop. I wanna see how good it is.

You will be getting a lot of birthday cards before that! ;)

Hahaha maybe.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion