The new guildshop

Re: The new guildshop

Postby Midas » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:46 pm

This so called "missing refreshes when you sleep" doesn't reduce your chance to get 6*.

By your logic if I don't check shop for month - my chances of getting 6* on next refresh should be zero, because I missed so many refreshes.
But it's not zero, it's same 3% as always was.

In case of independent tries only thing that matter is number of tries. And with system like "ON\OFF switch" number of tries will be lower (or same if you manually refresh every 3 hours) in comparison to automated refreshes.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby DrRickso » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:03 pm

if we have a 3% chance every time regardless of refreshes then it shouldn't be a problem to have a manual refresh either... currently, if you don't check your shop for a month- you have potentially missed some 6* cards. having a manual refresh, you haven't "missed" anything.

rather than letting the shop cycle through a new set of options to buy when you aren't around, it should not trigger unless you click it. Again like the special bonus on the home screen. If it works there, it should be applied to the guild shop mechanics for consistency, if nothing else.
DrRickso

Postby Midas » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Ok, let's try one more time ... using existing "Arena Tickets" (AT) system.

Right now you collect in manually - every 4 hours you can get 5 tickets.

Automated "collect" system will give you 6 bunch of 5 tickets = 30 tickets total.
And you say that if you sleep for 8 hours - you didn't miss anything, yes?) But you will get only 4 bunch of 5 tickets = 20 total.

Are you sure you didn't miss something?)
Manual system can only be as good as automated if you manually refresh at same time as automated. (But then why we need to do manual refresh?) But there's no situation in which manual system will be better.

Let's add probabilities - each time there's only 50% chance that you get arena tickets.
Automated system will give you each day(after month, in general) 30 * 0.5 = 15 tickets, and your "manual" = only 10 tickets.

Still better. Continue this to 1% and not tickets but 6* cards (Taking 3% change that 6* appears in shop and 33% chance that you not sleep at this time, check shop and get it) - automated refresh system still have higher chance of getting 6* cards than manual.
Because you have 6 tries with 1% against same 1% chance but lower number of manual refreshes.

So, why do you ask something that lower chances of getting 6* cards from shop by reducing number of shop refreshes per day? 0_0
Midas

Postby DrRickso » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 pm

as usual- you're missing the point...
why set up one system as manual and another on auto?
if I believe my next refresh is going to be identical whether automated now or manual in 8 hours- why should I miss out on the option of those items?
my point- is I want to see every item that is potentially going to be in my shop without having to stay up 21 hours to do so... you still have the same 7-8 chances to refresh per 24 hours if you do it manually- but if you don't want to, the next refresh will be waiting when you wake up.

what don't you understand here... besides logic?

also- id rather arena tickets be automated, because we would automatically collect them... it's not like the shop is automatically buying the items in the current automatic refresh set up...

not sure why I keep trying to explain things to you, dude- you clearly "don't get it"... I must just love feeding trolls.

here- have a cookie! (:.)
DrRickso

Postby slacks » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Midas wrote:This so called "missing refreshes when you sleep" doesn't reduce your chance to get 6*.

Your assumptions are based on whether DE uses a True Random Number Generator (TRNG) or a Pseudo-Random Number Generator (PRNG). It’s just a guess, but if you’ve played as much as I have, you’ll spot the same similar patterns in the slot reels which leads me to believe they are not truly random. That said, I think the ‘randomness’ of what shows up in the shop is somewhat random, but eventually repeats its patterns. I understand the old saying that “dice have no memory”, and I’m not debating probabilities, but I think that certain cards come around after so long and that the shop refreshes are not as truly random as you’re leading them to be. I would rather not miss those opportunities or patterns by having the ability to pause the shop (or said other suggestions).

DrRickso wrote:my point- is I want to see every item that is potentially going to be in my shop without having to stay up 21 hours to do so...

Exactly
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Midas » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:31 pm

This is pointless.
You don't understand my arguments, I don't understand yours.

And you even started to think that you are trolling me)))

So I won't continue this thread.
Midas

Postby Rudran » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:25 pm

You don't understand? That's what it takes for you to quit a thread? Maybe you should have quit a lot of other threads also... Sorry, I'm being mean, but how can you not understand?
Rudran

Postby slacks » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:27 am

Admin - any chance you can make this happen? Its win/win... people who like a constantly running shop can keep it running, those who prefer to manually check it have that option.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Ronin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:59 am

There is one more detail which we can forget.

If Guild Shop is setup to manual refresh, when you see an item there you need but dont have enough points to buy at moment, you can hold your shop until you farm enough Guild Points to buy it.
Thus, if a 6*card appears in your Guild Shop, you dont would lose it unintentionally, just holding your shop's refresh.

I am sure this would help a lot of players, of all lvls.
So, I am voting with DrRickso's ideia!
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Postby Xanity » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 am

We need to know what system that's implemented for the shop refreshes. Is the sets of next refreshes items already preserved in the server for each client (I really doubt this, this isn't very effective, it has high risk) or it's randomly generated everytime the countdown reset (I believe this is the case, why? Cuz the game request connection to the server and we received data packets to our client that resulted as cards/materials/potions, not to mention this is more effective than preserving the possible items for next sets of refreshes in the database for each clients).

If it's not randomly generated then Dr. Rickso argument is win/win, you won't lose any set of items for each refresh.

If it's randomly generated then auto or manual, you can think the answers yourself ;)
Dragon Era ~Xanity aka "Grand Slayer"~
Cards with max skill level: x2 Panzer Sea/x3 Fire/x1 Earth/x2 Holy/x1 Night Dragon (Skill level: 5/5)
Ongoing skill leveling: 7*Seer of Omniscient (Light Raid Boss) (Skill level: 1/6)
Xanity

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion