Enigma - Where's my guild?

Re: Enigma - Where's my guild?

Postby Nakazawa » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 pm

You donate coins to guild and you fight for guild to earn points. In my opinion it's right that they're bound to a guild, to avoid join and left in minutes. But in this case I'd say you should keep the half.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby DrRickso » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Nakazawa wrote:You donate coins to guild and you fight for guild to earn points. In my opinion it's right that they're bound to a guild, to avoid join and left in minutes. But in this case I'd say you should keep the half.

not sure I agree totally... the gold donated and gp achieved within a war should reside with the guild, but the personal gp earned through the above should reside with the player. there are ways around the jumping between guilds as it is, so I see no reason that someone should potentially lose their earned gp because of being kicked out or being a casualty of a disbanded guild.

as a side note: it would probably make more sense to have star membership tiers awarded based on seniority of being a member and gold donation amounts as opposed to being arbitrarily figured out by a leader. a leader should still be able to appoint a sr panel- vice and a few others in order to have some benefit to running the guild, but the rest of the members should adhere to system rules IMO. seems like that type of system would keep people locked into a guild longer than the current setup.
DrRickso

Postby Ronin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:39 pm

Nakazawa wrote:You donate coins to guild and you fight for guild to earn points. In my opinion it's right that they're bound to a guild, to avoid join and left in minutes. But in this case I'd say you should keep the half.

Exactly. You earn points by helping the guild, so the points are yours. With all respect, "to avoid join and left in minutes" is a very weak argument. There is a lot of reasons you can leave/or be kicked of a guild and lose all your guilds points unfairly. This thread is an example and I am sure you can think in another one.
Also, there is a lot of things you can do to prevent "join and leave" situation (Guild Shop inacessible to Non-Regular, lvl requirement to join, fill all guild slots, be a nice guild...).
In my opinion, a player should be free to leave the guild, anytime he want. Guild Points shouldnt be "chains" to keep a player to guild, even why when he spend all his remaining points, he will leave anyway, you know that.

I still believe that transforming "Guild Points" in a personal currency is the better way to solve this problem.

PS:. No disrespect, I could not help laughing when I read the title of the post. I thought it was a real enigma. :lol:
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Postby Ronin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:46 pm

DrRickso wrote:not sure I agree totally... the gold donated and gp achieved within a war should reside with the guild, but the personal gp earned through the above should reside with the player. there are ways around the jumping between guilds as it is, so I see no reason that someone should potentially lose their earned gp because of being kicked out or being a casualty of a disbanded guild.

+1 Exactly my point!
Ronin

Postby D111 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:22 pm

OUR LEADER DIDN'T WANT TO DELETE the guild. Our leader thought the leadership would pass to the next in line. She had posted that due to not being able to put in the time needed to be leader she was going to step down and be a regular member.
D111

Postby SCGBen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 am

admin wrote:
Ronin wrote:I was not from guild Enigma, but I want to say that looks really wrong an entire Guild disappear when the leader quit.

Makes it appear that the entire guild belongs to one person, when in fact it is a whole work of several players.
In my opinion, after its creation, a guild just would finish when it have no members anymore. Meanwhile, the leadership should pass to high rank players one by one.

This should be reviewed by the dev team.

In a sense, the Guild Leader is ultimately responsible for the guild. We actually started charging Gems for guild creation not long after the feature was added to ensure the leaders don't just create a guild then easily abandon it. As long as the guild leader can kick any other members out, there is no way to prevent that person from ultimately destroying the guild they created. This issue has been sent to the design team and they are discussing ways to soften the impact in the future in case similar cases happen in the future, as we do understand the sudden unexpected loss of all guild points is not pleasant experience for anyone.

In the mean while many of us have not lost just our current guild points but also months of donations to build up the guild level and guild. I haven't been able to motivate myself to play because AT ANY TIME for any guild I'd rejoin, I could lose months 2 worth of effort, with no warning, if just one person decides to delete the guild.
SCGBen

Postby Ronin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:06 am

D111 wrote:OUR LEADER DIDN'T WANT TO DELETE the guild. Our leader thought the leadership would pass to the next in line. She had posted that due to not being able to put in the time needed to be leader she was going to step down and be a regular member.

If this is the case, with all respect to you, your GM, your guild friends and all your past guild's hard work, this is clearly a case of human mistake, not a game failure. We cant wait devs and support team take full responsability for something like that.
Your ex-GM could just pass the leadership to another guild member before she quit. A simple act. Or, she could had informed herself before do anything which could put in risk the entire alliance, imho.

But, again, one single person to have the power to terminate a entire high level guild, with months of history and hard work of many players, is a scary thought.
Is too much responsability for just one person to hold, in my opinion.
We should learn from this case and prevent this to happens again.

I suggest a level limit to guild be freely deleted by the leader. For instance, Guilds lvl 20 or above cant be deleted without permission of game support. If you desire to deleted a guild lvl 20+, you need to submit a request to game support.

So, this way, we'd be considering the high level guilds as property of all guild members, and not like something which just belongs to the leader.
Ronin

Postby BladeKinslayer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:04 pm

I do won't to clarify one thing. I am not mad at Antihero, she was a great guild leader! I do understand life takes president.i just don't like that just cause the leader left the guild collapsed, with no option for others to take it.
BladeKinslayer

Postby mee » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:30 am

I do believe there is an option for guild leader to change over leadership...correct me if I'm wrong...obviously that leader was finished and didn't care a lick about the members.
mee

Postby Midas » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:47 am

Yes. Guild Leader can transfer leadership to Vice.
If he check Manage over Vice there will be additional button

Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion