Enigma - Where's my guild?

Enigma - Where's my guild?

Postby SCGBen » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Hey guys:

So I've been part of the Enigma guild for the past few Guild Wars. Today, I log into Dragon Era and my guild has just completely vanished!

A few questions:

1) If your guild leader goes rogue and disbands/deletes a guild without warning, could we get some sort of in-game message letting us know what happend? (I'm assuming that's what happened here, but there was literally no system message or anything)

2) Am I basically SOL on the Guild Points I'd been saving up from this guild?

3) I've been consistently in the top 5 of my guild's finishes the past few guild wars. Level 89, mainly light team but have 2x Zeus for Guild Wars. Any higher-end guilds recruiting?

Thanks to any who respond!
SCGBen

Re: Enigma - Where's my guild?

Postby Slikknick » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Would make sense if a guild leader disbands that his leadership automatically passes on, I feel for all the guild building upgrades that members must have contributed too.
Slikknick

Postby pmsupport » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi SCGBen, now we have a prompt message which will prop up if you are on the guild screens when the guild is deleted. Thanks for your suggestion. We will soon add a message for all the disbanded guild members to see when they tap the GUILD button.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby D111 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:16 am

I was also in Enigma

Wouldn't it be more resonable instead of letting 1 person delete an entire guild that 30+ people worked for months on, To just promote the 2nd leader to leader.
D111

Postby SCGBen » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:36 am

pmsupport wrote:Hi SCGBen, now we have a prompt message which will prop up if you are on the guild screens when the guild is deleted. Thanks for your suggestion. We will soon add a message for all the disbanded guild members to see when they tap the GUILD button.

But long story short - we had a guild that had placed in the T10 of all of the guild wars except one. A lot of us had put a ton of time and gold into building up the guild. Are we really left with no recourse and do we really lose all of our progress because one person decided to disband the guild?
SCGBen

Postby Bigbadjohn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:47 am

Just as a footnote - are all guild points lost if this happens?
Bigbadjohn

Postby BladeKinslayer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Yeah I was in that guild from the start, logged in a bam 30k guild points gone!
All because the leader left. LAME! I'm pretty pissed at that. To get that back will take me at least 2 weekends of hard grinding. Really took the wind out of my sails, if ya know what I mean. Leadership should have auto passed to the VP instead of disbanding the whole guild! Did find a new guild, but still out the 30k GP . So now I am more cautious about donating & only donate when there's something good in the shop(which is hardly ever) I won't get burned like that again!!!
BladeKinslayer

Postby Ronin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:15 am

I was not from guild Enigma, but I want to say that looks really wrong an entire Guild disappear when the leader quit.

Makes it appear that the entire guild belongs to one person, when in fact it is a whole work of several players.
In my opinion, after its creation, a guild just would finish when it have no members anymore. Meanwhile, the leadership should pass to high rank players one by one.

This should be reviewed by the dev team.
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Postby admin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 am

Ronin wrote:I was not from guild Enigma, but I want to say that looks really wrong an entire Guild disappear when the leader quit.

Makes it appear that the entire guild belongs to one person, when in fact it is a whole work of several players.
In my opinion, after its creation, a guild just would finish when it have no members anymore. Meanwhile, the leadership should pass to high rank players one by one.

This should be reviewed by the dev team.

In a sense, the Guild Leader is ultimately responsible for the guild. We actually started charging Gems for guild creation not long after the feature was added to ensure the leaders don't just create a guild then easily abandon it. As long as the guild leader can kick any other members out, there is no way to prevent that person from ultimately destroying the guild they created. This issue has been sent to the design team and they are discussing ways to soften the impact in the future in case similar cases happen in the future, as we do understand the sudden unexpected loss of all guild points is not pleasant experience for anyone.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Ronin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:59 am

admin wrote:In a sense, the Guild Leader is ultimately responsible for the guild. We actually started charging Gems for guild creation not long after the feature was added to ensure the leaders don't just create a guild then easily abandon it. As long as the guild leader can kick any other members out, there is no way to prevent that person from ultimately destroying the guild they created. This issue has been sent to the design team and they are discussing ways to soften the impact in the future in case similar cases happen in the future, as we do understand the sudden unexpected loss of all guild points is not pleasant experience for anyone.

I see. Even if it was how I said, the Guild Leader still could remove every member, one by one, and then, after that, delete the guild. Its really a great responsability.
What about the Guild Points be transferred to another alliance, in case of guild change? In my view, the Guild Points are earned by each player individually and belong to him, not to the Guild.
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion