Special Bonus Roulette

Special Bonus Roulette

Postby Ronin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:04 pm

I have not found a similar thread in the forum, so I decided to create one on this subject.

Sounds interesting update some of the prizes in "Special Bonus" roulette, that appears after you claim 5 mini-prizes, every 3 hours.

Maybe even include a GEM prize and a BIG GOLD prize (100k or more).

There are already 2 potions as a reward, both with an estimated value of 10 gems, so why not some gems reward directly?

And more, the current values ​​of some gold prizes in the roulette dont seem to had followed the evolution of the players in game.
You see, 750 gold, 1000 gold and 1500 gold dont even pay to enter some places at map 7, Chapter 2, and onwards.
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Re: Special Bonus Roulette

Postby Midas » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:39 am

Ronin wrote:There are already 2 potions as a reward, both with an estimated value of 10 gems, so why not some gems reward directly?

Because you can't use 5 potions to get one Gem Recruit )
And potions costs 125k gold, not 10 gems. Spending gems on potions is bad idea.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Ronin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:39 am

Midas wrote:Because you can't use 5 potions to get one Gem Recruit )
And potions costs 125k gold, not 10 gems. Spending gems on potions is bad idea.

Potions cost 10 gems in Regular Shop OR 150k gold/1500 Guild Points (Potion x1); 250k gold/2500 (Potion x2) in Guild Shop, when it appears there, but it's not permanent item in GS.

I agree that buying potions is not the best use for Gems. But, no disrespect, this is not what we are talking right now. Its about the roulette's prizes and the possibility of including an award for Gems and the other in 100k Gold (or more).

Midas, you are a great colaborator of this Forum and your opinion about my suggestion would be very useful. Thx.
Ronin

Postby Midas » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:55 am

I think that they won't add Gem Rewards to Wheel.

Right now there's no stable gem income in the game. Each player have static amount of gems they can earn from 100% clearing all areas - but that's constant and we can ignore it.
Only Arena provide gem income, but it's very risky and require big amount of tickets - so you can't rely on it.

Adding gems to Wheel will slightly shift this balance and chances of this change is around zero. (IMHO)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Ronin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:14 am

Thx for the reply Midas!
I understand your concern about the game balance, but I think it will not to make such difference.

That's because, to roll the wheel, first you must to collect 5 bonus in a row, with 3 hours interval between each one. Thus, if the player does not lose even a minute is required 15 hours in a day to use the wheel just once.

Plus, "10 gems" reward would be just one of the roulette items, just a "chance to win" .
Even if you are the luckiest player and won 10 gems in ALL your rolls, after a week you would have accumulated only 70 gems. Which mean 1 Gem Recruiting per week only.
And more, is nice to remember Gem Recruiting is not a guarantee of 6* or better card, you can draw a 4* or 5* card too.

So, its something like the rewards already given in Arenas, however without the guarantee of winning, but trying to be lucky (which is the essence of the Slots game), and accessible for everyone. All levels would benefit from this small change also. Everybody, low, mid or high lvls need gems for all sort of things.

Not to mention it would encourage players to stay online to claim the Special Bonus' rewards, increasing interest in the game, which has already been said several times here on this forum, is decreasing over time.
Ronin

Postby Ragnarok72 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Not to mention that the best 'free to play' games have these small chances at getting 'paid stuff' which usually leads to moreplayers getting impatient and start buying stuff...
Ragnarok72

Postby Ronin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 am

Ragnarok72 wrote:Not to mention that the best 'free to play' games have these small chances at getting 'paid stuff' which usually leads to moreplayers getting impatient and start buying stuff...

Indeed. Giving players a few Gems always lead someone to buy more to complete the amount necessary to buy something. Good point!
Ronin

Postby admin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:19 am

There are already several ways to obtain free Gems without purchases: complete stage collections, login bonus, arena, and guild wars. You can also earn some free Gems using the the third-party Tapjoy app by downloading other games or completing trial offers.

The most preferred and quickest way to get Gems is purchase them from the shop, but these free alternatives do exist for players who are willing to invest more time/effort instead. There is no plan to add additional means for free Gems in the near future.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Ronin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:10 pm

admin wrote:There are already several ways to obtain free Gems without purchases: complete stage collections, login bonus, arena, and guild wars. You can also earn some free Gems using the the third-party Tapjoy app by downloading other games or completing trial offers.

The most preferred and quickest way to get Gems is purchase them from the shop, but these free alternatives do exist for players who are willing to invest more time/effort instead. There is no plan to add additional means for free Gems in the near future.

Ok. So no more free gems. I understand the policy of PM about this question: give a few limited gems and wait/ have hope / wish some players buy more from the shop, with real cash.
However, as I have some personal experience in the field of business and advertising, I dare say that the PM's strategy is not the best way to make some money. As mentioned by another player, and I'm sure many other players will agree, many popular games induce players to make more purchases with real money, giving some items from time to time. In Dragon Era, the key item to do that are the gems, but not that way PM is doing... You should review that strategy, imho.

But it is ok. I am not being paid to teach anyone how to make money right now, so lets get through this, hehe.

No more free gems. And how about to update the gold prizes of the wheel? They are really outdated. At least 50% of the prizes are too low, that you cannot even to pay the entry of Chapter 2, map 7 area, like I said before. You cant deny that...
Ronin

Postby slacks » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Gold overall is outdated... buying it, selling cards, or the wheel. An extra zero should be added onto these three categories.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion