Arena team

Arena team

Postby Nakazawa » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:59 am

I have never done a lot of arena battles, so I have few questions.
I rarely see some cards (e.g. HP beasts, gods) in opponents' teams. Is this because they are rare cards or because they are useless in arena?
I know that healer is the top tier class, but what about other kinds of cards?
i'd like to farm arena this week for the first time and i hope that I can set up (with your help) a decent team, so i won't have to lose 9 times on 10 and climbing leaderboards with the one single point from defeat.
I have enough GP to run any 5 cards of the list, so i would be reaaaally grateful if you could help me.
Zeus (lv. 24 as of now)
Amazon Raider (lvl 20)
Werewolf (lvl 32)
Catalina the Red (lvl 40)
Succubus Queen (lvl 40)
vampire Princess (lvl 40)
Medusa the jealous (lvl 40)
Saintess of the ocean (lvl 40)
6* water dragon (lvl 36)
Ghost ship (lvl 40)

Plus I have few 5* cards but i don't know if they are better than 6* and aboves because when I was at arena tier 1 my 35 lvl hellhound kept losing every time against a lvl 1 warrior princess.

Thnks in advance :)
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Re: Arena team

Postby Odin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 am

Lol. 40 view and none care to help :)
Just make a team with lots of healer and the next best is succubus queen. since u don't have that many card
Odin

Postby Midas » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:24 am

Because no one want another competitor in Arena)

To learn how Arena work you'll need to spend 100-200 tickets and check it by yourself.
Also, don't count all that you encounter as other players Arena Team, because we don't always keep Arena Team as main group.

P.S. Team from your cards won't be any good, better to keep tickets.

P.P.S. Guild Bonuses work in Arena, so even your best card can loose to cards from lower Tier, because of guild bonuses.
In general, Star Members have bonuses over Regular players in Arena.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Ronin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:24 am

It is difficult to create a strategy to combat the Arena, because you dont fight against static enemies, with fixed data. Every fight is different, with a real opponent who have different cards and different strategies.
Even in a same week, you can fight the same player several times and see that his cards dont even are the same.

And even if you have better cards than your opponent, you might lose a battle by several factors, including those already cited by Midas.
Healer cards are great! But and if both players have the same healers? One person need to lose.

What is sure is that you will get more points when you win in sequence, so always look on the list of challenging opponents those you've fought and won to fight again.
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Postby Niobiumstar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 am

I think that the arena is ranked like:

Recovery: 4x
Attack: 2x
HP: 1x
(Numbers are just examples)
So basically 1 recovery point will beat a Hp point and an attack point, while an attack point will only beat a Hp point. So a card with 1hp 1attack and 3 recovery will beat a card with 3hp 2 attack and one recovery. 8-)
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
Niobiumstar

Return to Dragon Era Discussion