DE content time table

Re: DE content time table

Postby admin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Nakazawa wrote:If they are OP you could either slightly reduce stats/damage/raise cooldown of skill.
By then, who got panzers will be OP, who don't won't have their huge benefit and will have troubles. I'd say keep running panzers too along with new dungeon, so new players and old that couldn't get panzers will have the chance to fill the gap. I may be wrong but this sounds the fairest thing in my opinion, in-game huge changes that create wide gaps between before and after (guild shop cap anyone?) are not so popular.

We don't plan to nerf the panzers, but can't have any of these time limited mobs (panzer or any future ones) to cycle forever, which actually causes the gap you are referring to - because that allows almost all longer playing players to run around with super overpowered cards with maxed skills where new players won't be able to get easily. Anyways, they will be rotated out and that part of design is not something that can be compromised, unfortunately.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:21 am

Whats the point of rotating out panzer if u plan to replace them with much weaker 'rotating cards'. Dont really see how that wouldmake us players happy...
Ragnarok72

Postby admin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:39 am

Ragnarok72 wrote:Whats the point of rotating out panzer if u plan to replace them with much weaker 'rotating cards'. Dont really see how that wouldmake us players happy...

I haven't seen the stats on the new card, yet, but I don't anticipate they will be much less useful than Panzer, as these special dungeon cards are designed to be useful and slightly overpowered intentionally. However, we just can't have everyone running out with max skills versions of them (which is a bit too much overpowered), which will happen eventually if they are not rotated out.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nakazawa » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 am

Then just switch cd from 9 up to 4 to 14 up to 10? You saw elemental dragons were shitty and you changed the cd, it's the same thing. You just can't rotate panzers for a long time/delete them, it would cause a really huge gap :/ unless of course new dungeon cards will be as useful as them. Or, you can delete panzers, but you should really delete them from decks of every player. This wluld be "fair" too if they really are OP and you really need them to be deleted (you really need it?) but no one wants this I guess.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby admin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Nakazawa wrote:Then just switch cd from 9 up to 4 to 14 up to 10? You saw elemental dragons were shitty and you changed the cd, it's the same thing. You just can't rotate panzers for a long time/delete them, it would cause a really huge gap :/ unless of course new dungeon cards will be as useful as them. Or, you can delete panzers, but you should really delete them from decks of every player. This wluld be "fair" too if they really are OP and you really need them to be deleted (you really need it?) but no one wants this I guess.

We are not nerfing or deleting panzers and their replacement will be useful (or there would be no point to make them). Anyways, we are now going in circles. Please read the reply at the top.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Bigbadjohn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:31 am

I think the admin replies are ignoring 'human nature' - there are players who have started recently who are still aspiring to get panzer dragons - unless their replacement has generally better 'utility' the retirement of panzers will create a sense of divide between the old and new players - I do realise that the devs are worried about a proliferation of panzers but that is easily solved.

You can stop panzer farming by stopping the dropping of panzers in gold chests once the bonus card has been won If this is set up correctly it would mean max. 4 panzers per player. Another option would be to put something else in the gold chest spot in insane (and hell if required) and thus only the bonus cards give panzers going forward - everybody can eventually get 2 and we don't have to retire one of the best utility cards.

I feel some player concerns have been dismissed a bit to readily and all it may need is a bit of thoughtfulness and creativity.
Bigbadjohn

Postby adept » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:09 pm

As a mid level player, knowing that the Panzers will be removed is not the best news for me. I have been waiting to HP cards to show up in my guild shop in order to attempt obtaining a Panzer. There's no way for me to beat them currently, and at this point it feels like I'm racing luck before the Panzers go away.

I'm not exactly at a super high level (I'm currently around 8X), but from what I've gathered from the forum is that it seems like the Panzers are how high leveled players are doing well in Guild Wars. Currently it feels that with the removal of the Panzers, people like me who are aiming to become better players are essentially stunted in our growth as players. Even if the new cards are equally useful as the Panzers, it doesn't remove the advantage of having both.

There is a competitive element in this game, and more and more if feels like there is a bigger advantage towards players who has been here longer. At this point unless I spend tons of money refreshing guild shop. It looks like I can just never catch up.

Just my 2 cents.
adept

Postby Durst » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:47 am

Bigbadjohn wrote:I feel some player concerns have been dismissed a bit to readily and all it may need is a bit of thoughtfulness and creativity.

+1

adept wrote:As a mid level player, knowing that the Panzers will be removed is not the best news for me. I have been waiting to HP cards to show up in my guild shop in order to attempt obtaining a Panzer. There's no way for me to beat them currently, and at this point it feels like I'm racing luck before the Panzers go away.

+1

admin wrote:can't have any of these time limited mobs (panzer or any future ones) to cycle forever, which actually causes the gap you are referring to - because that allows almost all longer playing players to run around with super overpowered cards with maxed skills where new players won't be able to get easily.

I respectfully disagree with this. Yes, there is a gap between top-level players who have collected panzers and lower-level players who have not, but that is a very natural gap that will exist no matter how the game is designed. There will always be stronger cards at the top, and the lower players must strive to reach that level. It's when you decide "as of now, no one else can get these" that the gap becomes insurmountable and "unfair."

I have no pretensions that PM is willing to change its mind about phasing out the panzers at this point. The decision has been made and no amount of negative response on a forum will change that. I'm left making the assumption that PM realizes it will lose a portion of its player base as soon as this update is instated. Ignoring the sudden, brutal power gap, collectors like me will no longer be able to complete the monster list, no matter how much effort we put in--it's that simple.

I take it PM is looking to phase this game into a Kingdom of Loathing-style "you have to have stuck with us from the beginning to have ALL the content" system, which has its advantages with certain forms of game addict who can't bear to miss out on an update's content before it is phased out. But it also abandons another kind of game addict (no shame) that will happily work from the bottom, having come into the game late, to put together all the pieces of the ever-expanding puzzle. Bottom line, my kind have been traded out and there will be less of us in future. No offense taken, it's a business after all, every update will lose some players. But the bad taste that trade leaves is something to note and remember.
Durst

Postby Midas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:13 am

I think that problem here is that game balanced around skill level 1.

And 5\5 Panzers broke game completely - team with three 5\5 Panzers will wipe any level without need to heal. Add Marionette - and boss won't be a problem.

After Xanity shows to PM how determined person can farm Panzers - they decided to remove them from game)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Nakazawa » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:56 am

Then again, change panzers skill time. Or limit one panzer per deck. Or whatever but don't delete them :/
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion