Dragon Era

Dragon Era

Postby Aro » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:16 am

You named your game as dragon era yet I see the dragons in the game only look ferocious in design. Compare to the panzer, they are weak in terms of same star level especially their active skill. No doubt alot of you will say it has low command points cost, but who will care and use them in the team when you have enormous command points to assign. And playmage, do you know it is painstaking to evolve them to *6 and above, the amount of cards and materials to use?
Aro

Re: Dragon Era

Postby Odin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:18 am

Erm... panzer dragon is a dragon? and its theirs era :D
Odin

Postby Aro » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:00 am

I am seeking justice for the dragon and the imbalance of the game. If you noticed, from *6 to *8 their active skill remains as level 3. For players and card collectors, don't you find the time spend to strengthen them to lv20 and evolve them to next star level a tedious amount of time spent excluded gem spender. I believe many of you is letting your dragon accumulates cobwebs right now, who will train another dragon when you achieved having one at max star level. And I do not wish to bring panzer into this discussion, most of you will know what I meant.
Aro

Postby Midas » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:05 am

It's really Panzer Dragon Era game)
After you'll get your first Panzer Dragon game will dramatically change and you encounter new era of gameplay - should you take one panzer dragon? Or two? Or maybe even three dragons!
All your cards combinations will work around panzer dragons from that point ...

It's really dragon game, trust me)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Aro » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:17 am

Since panzer dragon was brought in into this discussion. I wish playmage take seriously of what I written. I have to admit without buying and spending gems to recruit some good cards, you will never get a chance to explore the difficult level to obtain panzer. And after you do, you will spend amount of time to get more panzers, the extra one will eventually use to strengthen its active skill. Of course, this will take long period and hard work, but all this is easy then getting normal dragon to *8. Do spare a thought to those who do not wish to buy gems, and the fun of raising them. At least, consider in making the active skill and downtime of panzer and dragon the same. Just my humble two cents...
Aro

Postby Bigbadjohn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:27 am

Aro wrote:Since panzer dragon was brought in into this discussion. I wish playmage take seriously of what I written. I have to admit without buying and spending gems to recruit some good cards, you will never get a chance to explore the difficult level to obtain panzer. And after you do, you will spend amount of time to get more panzers, the extra one will eventually use to strengthen its active skill. Of course, this will take long period and hard work, but all this is easy then getting normal dragon to *8. Do spare a thought to those who do not wish to buy gems, and the fun of raising them. At least, consider in making the active skill and downtime of panzer and dragon the same. Just my humble two cents...

Aro - just to see what would happen I started an alt account with no intention of spending a single sou. That account is now almost ready to start on the long process of farming Panzer Dragons - the first one is going to be painful, but when I get it the game changes - it is easily possible to spend nothing just be prepared to graft hard and have patience.
I do have my issues with PM but the game does allow you to play without spending if you wish - unlike some others I have tried.
Bigbadjohn

Postby slacks » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 am

8* reg dragons will gain more use and rid their cobwebs when they're given the IV skill level panzers have. Not only will you be able to feed panzers to your dragon to level up their skill, but the 8* dragon's active skill will become more powerful and slightly more dominant than 7* panzers (which 8* vs 7* should be). I have no intention to level up the skill of my 8* because it will take ages to accomplish even one skill level. This was also discussed here:

http://www.playmage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12885&start=10).

PM did lower the cooldown to 25, and the benefits of CP are low, but again - an 8* is an 8* and are very difficult to obtain. In light of the guild shop changes, obtaining an 8* is markedly even more difficult and should naturally provide the benefits of obtaining such a difficult card.

That said, I'm sure there are more players who have panzers than 8* dragons which is a statement in itself. The only caveat of making this move from III to IV skill level means Panzers (or an equivalent) need to be in circulation in order to max skill lvl whereas reg dragons are always in the shop.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Midas » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:48 am

Main bonus of normal dragons - low CP cost.

Panzers have great skill, but to compensate this they have high CP requirement.

So if PM change skill of 8* dragons to IV breath - they would need to change their CP cost to 50.
Are you sure you need such cards?
Midas

Postby slacks » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Midas wrote:So if PM change skill of 8* dragons to IV breath - they would need to change their CP cost to 50.
Are you sure you need such cards?

Why would they have to change the CP to 50? We're talking 8* vs 7* here. Plus, Panzers have a low cooldown which compensates for the high CP requirement. 8* dragons are at 25.

Aside from all of this, the real issue at heart here is that there's no way for anyone to evolve normal dragons without spending their lifetime doing so. Someone did the math before and it breaks down to about 5 years to have a chance at leveling a normal dragon's skill playing day and night non-stop. In addition, skill level for many cards, including full HP restore cards are next to impossible to level up and remains an unsolved mystery to the DE community.

So whether you change a card's skill level so it can be done, make cards more readily available to level existing cards (like panzers), or reduce the timeline for acquiring these cards, the end goal for the game should be offering attainable leveling to work towards, not 5 year scenarios such as this.

The III vs IV scenario is one small example of an existing problem without a workable solution related to skill leveling. And to Aro's point, the benefit of getting an 8* reg dragon pales in comparison to getting a 7* panzer and requires much more work. I don't think that's debatable.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Midas » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:33 pm

You see - PM doesn't think that leveling skills to maximum is goal of game.
For them it's just additional task with veeeeery long reach date.

Yes, its looking very strange and unnatural ... but it's only thing that can explain all of this.
Midas

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion