King Solomon Mines Insane (is it worth it?)

King Solomon Mines Insane (is it worth it?)

Postby Moxious » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Now that I finally have a team able to pass insane (the 25energy map) mines 100% of the time I thought I wold make a comparison with difficult mines (20 energy cost).
If just looking at rewards for energy spent we see insane is a better choice if only slightly.
Insane earns you 52.5xp per energy spent and 3510 gold per energy spent.
Difficult earns 42xp per energy spent and 3100gold per energy spent.
But most players are dropping energy pots on w/e mines so return for time spent is of more interest and value.
So I looked at this using average times to complete each map with 5mins for difficult and 7mins for insane.
(Figures are rounded to make comparison easier as in truth most difficult runs I do are under 5mins and most insane a little over 7min)
Insane I earn 187xp per min and 12.500 gold per min.
Difficult earns 168xp per min and 12,400 gold per min.

So the xp reward remains slightly better but gold return is very much comparable.
I know most higher level players can finish difficult mines in under or around 5mins but I am wondering those that farm insane how quickly they can complete the map.
My team for insane uses one max level panzer and I am sure a second or third one would make insane quicker and more viable to run as a gold farming option.

So has the mines set up really been well designed, if you need at least 1 fully skill leveled panzer to just make farming insane slightly viable for gold return?
Am I to assume that you need at least two fully skill leveled panzers to make it truly worth while and has this been the intention of the design team?
If this is not the case then can a significant bump be considered to insane mines gold reward.
Even at 100,000 gold reward and a 7min run gold per min is just above 14k.

Thoughts here welcome.
Moxious

Re: King Solomon Mines Insane (is it worth it?)

Postby Boop » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:07 am

The bigger difference is the attention required for minimal gains. Most of us run Difficult in 5 minutes and only have to actually do anything on stage 10/10.

Ie: I can get a coffee, pat the dog, and still farm effectively.

Weekends are weekends, if that makes sense.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby DrRickso » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:44 am

I agree Mox, the gold value should be higher to make it more appealing, but given it's current various color/0 counter fairy setup, I'm not sure it would ever be worth the energy loss risk. To Boop's point- the main draw with the difficult map is that it can be a "set it and forget it" run, while insane takes way too much care with the added energy cost for not significant amount more gold/exp.
DrRickso

Postby Clos » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:14 am

Boop wrote:The bigger difference is the attention required for minimal gains. Most of us run Difficult in 5 minutes and only have to actually do anything on stage 10/10.

Ie: I can get a coffee, pat the dog, and still farm effectively.

Weekends are weekends, if that makes sense.

+1
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby wmach8 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Does anyone have a chart for the hell stage on solomon mines? What leader should I use and total gold awarded. Any suggestion will greatly appreciated.
wmach8

Postby Boop » Tue May 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Solomans pays out a bit over 90k per win. I forgot exactly how much.

My team was: x2 leader, healer leader, x2 7* HP, x2 Panzer

Pretty standard setup gets you through. You can't autowin like Difficult however. I'd also advise a 5/5 Panzer, or it'd be a bit difficult to get through the first couple of stages.
Boop

Postby wmach8 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I am those that wasn't able to get any panzer at all before they were replaced by Apocalypse. So does that mean I can only win with 8* dragon with maxed up skill? I was just wondering if it's better to farm on the insane stage to trade in for energy potions. Since I have 80 energy points and wanted to do better than a 1:2 ratio on energy potions trade in at the guild shop. Need a better ratio to get more potions or revive to advance further. Any suggestion on getting at least 1:3 ratio? Getting close to 400k coins to trade in for 2k gp?

I would like to try to clear insane one time, so do you know what is the least hp I need to survive? I only have 2 6* hp cards, and 6* dragons with skill 1, any chance of surviving?
wmach8

Postby Boop » Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 pm

I personally don't bother with it, but everyone has their own tastes. Why not just jump in the deep end and find out for yourself mate? You can only get so far without testing things out for yourself.
Boop

Postby yutyu » Tue May 06, 2014 10:15 pm

It is not worth going crazy over a little gold boost if I can automate Wave 1 to Wave 9.
Going auto helps me to farm over 13 million gold in 48 hours doing solomon difficult (more than 208 rounds of solomon difficult).
Actual playing (autospin) time would be around 17 hours grinding solomon difficult (and I get to keep my sanity intact).

Would you be willing to tap on your screen for 17 hours in insane solomon for every weekend just for an extra 100 gold per min? (which would sum to extra 102,000 gold for 17 hours of attention)

Profit wise, you would profit roughly 30% more, but this also depends on how important is this profit to you.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby Midas » Thu May 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Also there's no much bonus in doing Hell stage.

Hard Mine give you 21k gold per 15 energy. That's 1400 gold per energy spend.
Insane give you 63k per 20 energy. That's 3150 gold per energy spend - more than double increase from Hard (+125%)
And Hell give you 90k gold per 25 energy. That's 3600 per energy spend - very small increase from Insane (+14%)

It's for you to decide - is 14% more gold worth risk.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Return to Dragon Era Discussion