Earth Chance skill broken or pointless or both?

Earth Chance skill broken or pointless or both?

Postby Moxious » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:40 pm

So what is the deal with these skills.
I have been using earth chance 3 skill in gold farming and pretty sure the skill needs to be fixed or at the least the description changed from greatly to it may work sometimes but nothing noticible.
Out of 22 spins with this skill I have matched green symbols 3times and all only 3 symbols.
Can anyone (admin) please enlighten me as to how this skill is ment to work?
How mch exactly are we talking about when it says an increase of chance?
Moxious

Re: Earth Chance skill broken or pointless or both?

Postby pmsupport » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:10 am

Hi Moxious, after you use the Earth Chance III skill, the chances of matching earth symbols will increase 50%. Though it's been increased, the combined matching rate of the other 7 symbols is still higher.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby mee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:30 am

Lol...i love it....play mage answer to everything basically tough shi*....or is it like the guild shop..you increased 50 percent which equated to barely one percent more....I'm gonna go with both...so yes that cards skill is properly not working
mee

Postby Bigbadjohn » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:57 am

I think what mee was trying to say was ..."Thank you for your response, I can go away and evaluate the merits of that ability and see if I can incorporate it into a team strategy for the future".

I for one was happy that we got a relatively clear answer.

My 'fag packet' calculation is that I expect there to be approx. 9.7% chance of getting a particular colour on a spin, so if that means when that ability is active you get approx. 14% chance then it is useful to know!

The problem with that ability is it is saying you get a 50% boost from normal attacks on that colour, whereas if you get 2x attack for that colour then it is a much more beneficial effect as Earth Chance does not improve any 'shooter' effect.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Moxious » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:45 am

If Bbjs figures are somewhat near the actual figures for probabilities then a jump from 9.whatever to 14% chance is something I would struggle to call a greatly improved chance. Maybe I'm wrong though and don't understand what great means in this particular games world.
Anyways I gather this is why the skill seems rather unnoticeable when it is used.
So after confirmation of actual probabilities of a particular type of symbol appearing is truely known I can rename this topic to earth chance skill is pretty much useless.
Moxious

Postby Boop » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:06 am

Bigbadjohn wrote:I think what mee was trying to say was ..."Thank you for your response, I can go away and evaluate the merits of that ability and see if I can incorporate it into a team strategy for the future".

Can we make this a thing? Like, every time Mee writes something retarded, we make english out of it?

I like this game.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby slacks » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:02 am

I've found this falls in line with the Wild chance active skill. Why wild chances aren't thrown into normal spins is beyond me. They're sitting there on the reels when you enter a map, but unlike real slot machines, are such an insignificant part of the game.

Even low lvl players don't use these skills because the benefit of using it is ~1 in 3 chances. To gain any usefulness, it should be a guaranteed 1 every spin when activated, with the higher skill levels offering two or more.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby mee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Again my comment says it best...the skill is properly not working...boop you can take a super long leap off a relatively short pier, make sure and do a swan dive, everyone will be impressed with your form, and satisfied by the outcome..happy gaming.
mee

Postby Boop » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:06 am

Now now, wishing physical harm upon someone is inappropriate. As is constantly bagging out the developers. Find a happy medium when expressing your disappointments.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Return to Dragon Era Discussion