guild shop one hour bonanza event?

Re: guild shop one hour bonanza event?

Postby slacks » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Nice analysis Durst... Would be great to see some traction on this. I think with an addition like this you could vet the positives and negatives, but the overall impact of this would cause a net positive change for the DE community without minimizing PM’s profits or diluting the game content. Here are some additional thoughts:

- The shop is the only thing keeping some coming back – this helps somewhat alleviate that;
- Reduction in shop refresh = new goal & more game progression;
- Extends the life of the game by offering more variety;
- Increases player activity;
- Allows more GP spending, particularly for material;
- Equally beneficial to all players, not just high level ones;
- As the shop refresh time reduces for tenured players, this makes so-called end game objectives such as skill leveling a bit more realistic (yet still near-impossible);
- For game progression, the more tenured player requires less of the less desirable 4* and 5* cards, therefore a reduced shop rate is less skewed towards new players;
- Loss in gem spending for shop refreshes is offset by increasing player retention by using the formula: xx hrs spent playing = xx gems purchased; Or in other words, the longer a player has interest in the game and checks in, the more they are likely to spend over time.

The timeline for allowing an item like this to drop and give the player any benefit would have to be in line with the time it would take for a player to reach a point in the game where they begin losing interest. Thinking critically, the biggest drawback of this idea would be reducing refreshes on the drop rate:time ratio modifies PMs original intent for card acquisition and game progression; however with more content on its way, why not?

I think a drop for this kind of item could be somewhere in between birdman and a rainbow treasure map ;)

Thoughts PM?
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby admin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:58 pm

We would not add any permanent boost/items that would reduce guild shop refreshes, but using guild points to directly refresh the guild shop is already on our future feature list. I am not sure whether it will make it in time for the upcoming expansion, however.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Durst » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

admin wrote:using guild points to directly refresh the guild shop is already on our future feature list.

Ladies and gents... I give you... THA FYUUCHAAA!!!
Durst

Postby Moxious » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 am

Cool glad to know one of my ideas was deemed good enough to implement. I think when I suggested 10k I accidents added a zero though and GP bought refreshes should be 1k. :D
Moxious

Postby slacks » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:29 am

admin wrote:We would not add any permanent boost/items that would reduce guild shop refreshes, but using guild points to directly refresh the guild shop is already on our future feature list. I am not sure whether it will make it in time for the upcoming expansion, however.

Thanks for the update PM. Any update to the shop at this point is welcome and a push to have it implemented for the update would be well-received.
slacks

Postby admin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Not to crush any bubbles but the expectation is that it will be added sometime after the upcoming expansion since we do not want to delay the expansion's release date. Also, the GP cost to refresh will be higher than potion cost in the Guild Shop, as it will be always available option.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Durst » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:07 am

I, for one, appreciate your honesty and forthrighteousness. It's nice to have an accurate expectation of how things will play out for the time being. It gives us all time to plan and accommodate for the incoming update. We (those of us that frequent the forums) know that playmage has been working hard on this update for a while, and refusing to delay it, regardless of the reason, will always be admirable. We wait in eager anticipation!
Durst

Postby slacks » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:26 pm

No bubbles bursted here... glad to have an update with some substance. As always, thanks PM!
slacks

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion