guild shop one hour bonanza event?

guild shop one hour bonanza event?

Postby mee » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Just an idea for maybe an hr a week or one day a month to take restrictions off the guild shop for a limited amount of time, i believe during this period players would be motivated to refresh shop many times in hopes of finding those cards to evolve and stocking up on precious material that is a pain tacquire, lets face it...shop is kinda a bummer now...lets bring back some life to the one thing that kept everyone coming back for day in day out...thanks for your time.
mee

Re: guild shop one hour bonanza event?

Postby mee » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Just to elaborate a bit more...young players probably don't have the coin to purchase multiple hp cards or whatever they find in shop during this limited event, nor can they hope to earn that many coins...so they will have to undoubtedly go purchase coins for real dollars...and on the other side players with coins well purchase Gems for refreshes...sounds like a win.win to me playmage
mee

Postby DrRickso » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:31 pm

lol I like this idea... something to make the shop more of a "shop".

unfortunately, I think the shop change was meant to slow down player progress and not sure PM would consider this. with people cranking out evolutions of cards as soon as they saw something good show up, it caused them to beat the game, level by grinding harder boards, dominate the arena, and grow bored with the game much sooner than PM had hoped. the flip side is, that slowing down that progress has also caused people to stop trying and give up playing.

I agree with you though, doing the shop sale/restriction lift during designated times would be a welcome alternative to the all or nothing shops we've seen and would be profitable for PM as well... I'll add that if they hope to have gold sales as a profit point, the values need to be fixed first.
DrRickso

Postby Moxious » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Again another nice idea to keep players interests. Thoroughly agree with Dr that gold needs to be fixed.
Moxious

Postby mee » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:35 pm

I didn't really think about coins converted into gp..at the current rate a player will spend 100 bucks for 400k coins...seems like a decent amount right? Lets now donate to gain gp...4k gp...really?..what about 750k coins for twenty bucks...2mill coins for 50 bucks and 6mill for 100 bucks...these are suggestions playmage, but are not unrealistic...you want players to feel it was worth it to spend that 100 bucks...please consider coin revamp leading to the limited time with no restrictions guild shop...hope to hear a response soon..thanks
mee

Postby Moxious » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:41 pm

So buying a six star card with money for gold converted to GP is going to cost $500, sounds a little pricey. But if it was a Zeus and I had no GP I might consider robbing a liquor store for it.
Moxious

Postby brendon2 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 am

Mox we cant have that elite would miss you the coin thin really does need to change as it would help new players get good cards with out having to rob a store as mox suggested or in alot of cases there parents credit cards
brendon2

Postby Ragnarok72 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:51 am

one can also consider a manual refresh per 10 minutes in a 3 hour time span once a month or week, just to keep the players attention
Ragnarok72

Postby slacks » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Another suggestion...

A new item in the guild shop: -1 minute on guild shop refresh for xxx guild points. A cap limit for this could be up to -2 hours (-120 minutes) subtracted from guild shop refreshes. Since unlimited buys in the shop are limited for most cards, this would create a new use for those who donate lots of $$$ to their guild and don't know what to spend their GP on.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Durst » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 pm

slacks wrote:Another suggestion...

A new item in the guild shop: -1 minute on guild shop refresh for xxx guild points. A cap limit for this could be up to -2 hours (-120 minutes) subtracted from guild shop refreshes. Since unlimited buys in the shop are limited for most cards, this would create a new use for those who donate lots of $$$ to their guild and don't know what to spend their GP on.

Interesting idea. The obvious counters are that refreshing the guild shop too often would increase the availability of rare cards (along with lesser cards/materials, of course, but irrelevant) and that it would dilute the profits from gem refreshes. However the increase in rare cards could be made relatively minor by making the -1 minute itself rare. What's more, players would have to put cash (effort/money) into the game to get this benefit, and the end result is that they come back to the game more often.

My only concern is that the only players that would be buying these up would be those who had already put in effort and that they would also be the players who already check in and play regularly, limiting the gain PM could make with this move. It would've been a cool idea if thought out ahead of time so that the original refresh time was 4h and this could take it down to 3h, but you can't take back what's been given so the only real option would be for this to take the refresh down from 3h to 2.5 or 2. I definitely can't see 1h-refreshes happening.
Durst

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion