Side Deck / Item Suggestion

Side Deck / Item Suggestion

Postby Boop » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:15 pm

While I think the current game layout is good, it is also somewhat limiting. Current deck layouts only lead to the following:

Multiplier leader / Healer
Damage Reduction / Healer
Death Guard / Healer

99% of the time we rotate between these depending on our requirements. Every now and then we change up for fun, not for optimisation. I suggest a side deck feature, or player items.

The idea is that we gain an extra X amount of cards that work on the side of our current deck. You would only have like 1-3 of these maximum. Probably 1 unlocked at level 150, and the other 2 must be gem bought.

These 1-3 side deck cards would give you the leader ability, but not the activate. So yes, in theory you could run 5 healers if you're hilarious.

"BUT BOOP, THAT'S SO BROKEN"

Well, yes it is. But the idea is that it allows for extremely hard levels to unlock later which your current cards are still useful in. If these kinds of systems are not introduced, all you'll end up seeing is just an injection of cards that are more broken/powerful than what we're currently playing with. So instead of injecting more powerful cards to deal with more powerful levels, I suggest more powerful mechanics to deal with more powerful levels.

Having 5 leader abilities would lead to some serious theory craft, and make team composition critical to deal with extreme high level end game content. It would also allow the developers to make very interesting Guild War / Raid material etc.

The item suggestion is nearly the same idea. You can have 1-3 items which are probably bought by gems or guild shop, and give you certain abilities in a level. Items could include, but would not be limited to:

- Current Card Leader Abilities
- Gain an extra 50% Gold
- Increase Gold Chest Drop Rate by X%
- Increase Monster Statistics in Arena by X% (So yes, stacking 3 would be your itemization for arena days)
- Reduce all Card Skill Activate Timers by X turns
- X% of your Gold Generated is donated on top automatically to your Guild
- Reduce/Eliminate a certain colour from the spin cycle

Just an idea that could make the game far more interesting, and simultaneously easier and more difficult. People at a lower end of the game would get a HUGE power boost, and those at a high end would be given much more challenging theory craft and expansions could be very hard as well to compensate.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Re: Side Deck / Item Suggestion

Postby DrRickso » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 am

some nice ideas here boop!

not sure which direction PM is looking to take for their April update, but it would be nice to see a way to incorporate more of the current set of cards into being useful as opposed to further diluting the pool with new but mostly useless cards. I get that not all cards are created equal, but there is absolutely no purpose to a birdman, arachne, etc; most of the gw boss cards cant be used effectively as a leader in an end game deck; most cards late game have become cp filler at best; and holy priestess is the only healer that is useful late game due to the 3700 recovery.

Maybe one way to incorporate some old cards is offer a monochromatic map- where you are required to take in only one specific color into the level to give people an excuse to use some of the cards they might not normally... or have other restriction type levels: max hp 4000 before modifiers, no panzer allowed, etc
DrRickso

Postby slacks » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:17 pm

To Boop's point, the 5-leader possibility (even a 3 leader) would open up doors to some serious alchemy for skill boosts. This notion alone expands the possibility of the game. An unlock feature around a high level such as 150 would keep players engaged and shoot for the moon... all great things for PM.

A way of doing this would be to allow skills to be used, just as CP is a factor in choosing your team. So Wild Chance or Birdman cards could be worth 1 Skill Points (SP), while Zeus could be worth 3. The higher you level, the more skill points you have to use. This would help players tap into the passive skills of cards they otherwise couldn't use. It would also alleviate flat-out allowing 3 leaders right off the bat and tie player stats to their level more closely.

I also don't see a reason why evolving material isn't in the works. It would offer more uses for low-level material that we have no option to even sell.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Durst » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 am

Boop wrote:While I think the current game layout is good, it is also somewhat limiting. Current deck layouts only lead to the following:

Multiplier leader / Healer
Damage Reduction / Healer
Death Guard / Healer

99% of the time we rotate between these depending on our requirements. Every now and then we change up for fun, not for optimisation.

This is a serious issue I've been contemplating for a while. There are a lot of really cool/fun cards out there with appropriately cool/fun leader skills which have great effects tailored beautifully by the devs to specific team layouts and combinations of cards--and the majority of those I am 100% certain I will never have any reason to use. 2x attack to x element or y type would be awesome, but since using that leader skill would mean dropping my healer, hp mult, DR or endurance skill, I just don't even consider it from a tactical perspective. Boop's right. Being able to use the leader skills of your other cards on the side would make for a lot more theory crafting and give PM a lot of possibilities for new high-level content. I'm imagining a whole dungeon setup where some levels have recovering enemies that need extra strength to kill, or strangely-armored opponents that can only be damaged by rebound-damage skills. Work-in-progress idea, but I'm glad this was brought up. +1, Boop 8-)
Durst

Postby Ronin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:47 am

Awesome! This topic have a plenty of very nice ideas!

Boop: multiples leaders and special itens (consumables, if I got it right);
DrRickso: monochromatic maps or areas with some card restrictions;
slacks: CP to control skills limit and material evolve and selling;
Durst: special dungeon only beatable with certain special ability.
(Forgive me if I do forgot any idea)

For my turn, I would like suggest something: a Guild's leader card skill (passive skill).
I was thinking on this idea for a while and now looks like the best ocassion to bring it on.

Besides Guild Lab, which can increase exp, attack, recovery, coins, HP and Guild Points, would be very nice to have a Guild's leader card ability, which will buff all guild members constantly with one of the tradicional card's passive skill (Oracle, Oath, Curse, Rune, Healing, Vengeance, etc.)

For instance, could be the Guild Leader's passive ability (leader skill) which would be applied to all members. Or maybe a card bought with Guild Funds (like Buildings) and placed in a special slot created inside the Guild tab (could even replace the current Guild's emblem).

Please PM, at least consider to analize this great ideas we have here! The gameplay and fun will increase drastically with any of these changes.
Thanks in advance!
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Postby Durst » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:52 pm

That's a clever idea, Ronin. I can see some problems with it, but it could also solve some of the problems the rest of us ran into. Nice addition!
Durst

Postby Boop » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Forgot to check the forum and it seems this gained some traction. Good to see other people coming up with ideas to help improve the longevity of the game. ^^
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby pmsupport » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Ronin wrote:For my turn, I would like suggest something: a Guild's leader card skill (passive skill).
I was thinking on this idea for a while and now looks like the best ocassion to bring it on.

Besides Guild Lab, which can increase exp, attack, recovery, coins, HP and Guild Points, would be very nice to have a Guild's leader card ability, which will buff all guild members constantly with one of the tradicional card's passive skill (Oracle, Oath, Curse, Rune, Healing, Vengeance, etc.)

For instance, could be the Guild Leader's passive ability (leader skill) which would be applied to all members. Or maybe a card bought with Guild Funds (like Buildings) and placed in a special slot created inside the Guild tab (could even replace the current Guild's emblem).

Hi Ronin, thanks for the suggestion. I have forwarded it to our dev team for possible considerations as something to add in the future, but there is no guarantee if or when it will be added.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Ronin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks, Durst and Boop!
And thanks for the answer, PM! I am very happy to hear that and can't wait for news!
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Return to Dragon Era Discussion