Evolution and skill levels bug (or not)

Evolution and skill levels bug (or not)

Postby Midas » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:10 am

I was under impression that if evolved card have same skill, level of it will remain same after evolution.

But when I was evolving Murlocs I found that it's not true:

Both forms have skill "Fire Chance I", so skill should keep his levels.

Admins, Is this intended behavior? Or bug, (or only Murloc bug?)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Re: Evolution and skill levels bug (or not)

Postby HernHunter » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:16 am

I checked it long time ago on 2=>3 evolution cards & new envolved card is always skill lvl 1, does not matter what skill lvl was source card. I did it to check mechanism of evolution, because like you i thought before that card after evolution may keep skill from before evolution.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby Ronin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:07 am

I understand your point, Midas. But I think it's correct the new cards that were "Evolved" appear on lvl and skill lvl 1, like PM does.
That's because, imo, when you EVOLVE, you are transforming 2 cards of determined rank (X stars) into a new card of one rank above (X+1 stars), you are, actually, creating a new creature.
Unlike STRENGHTEN, you are not fortifying or improving a determinate creature, but just using your lvl 20 monster card like a material, which together with the other lvl 1 same monster card and other materials, allow you to create a whole new creature of one level above.

So, I never found it weird when new monsters appear with lvl1 and lvl 1 skill too, because I see them like another card (another criature), not the same one stronger.

Just a point of view ...
See you around!
Good game!
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Postby pmsupport » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:30 am

Hi Midas, thanks for bring this to our attention. If the active skills before and after the evolution are the same, the skill level should carry over with evolution. I have forwarded this bug to our Dev team. I will let you know when it's fixed.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Ronin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:01 pm

pmsupport wrote:Hi Midas, thanks for bring this to our attention. If the active skills before and after the evolution are the same, the skill level should carry over with evolution. I have forwarded this bug to our Dev team. I will let you know when it's fixed.

Interesting. This changes the way I saw this aspect of the game. I think the verb "to evolve" has more meanings than I knew, in the English language. Live and learn, hehehe.
Thanks, Midas, for bringing this matter to discussion and thanks pmsupport for clarifying this subject for us.

See you around!
Ronin - In Septim Pace - cx4fee
Ronin

Postby HernHunter » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:35 am

pmsupport wrote:Hi Midas, thanks for bring this to our attention. If the active skills before and after the evolution are the same, the skill level should carry over with evolution. I have forwarded this bug to our Dev team. I will let you know when it's fixed.

Indeed. I agree with Ronin. Something i treated as normal now looks to be bug changing a lot in game.

One more question concerning this aspect of game, most importand i think. I envolve card & after envoleving my card active skill changes name (for example like with normal dragons breath from I to II, then III), should i keep my active skill lvl from before envolving or do it reset to lvl 1. If i understand what you wrote above, than i should keep my active skill lvl from before evolution - even after it changes name, or do it only refer when skill before & after envolve are that same?
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby pmsupport » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:01 am

Hi HernHunter, the active skill level will be kept the same only when the active skill before & after evolution are exactly the same (skill name and description). Therefore, if the active skill changes from Dragon's Breath I to Dragon's Breath II, the skill level will reset to level 1 after the evolution.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby HernHunter » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:29 am

Now all is clear for me. Thank You for explanation.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby pmsupport » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:38 am

Hi all, it's been confirmed that this bug has been fixed and will be rolled out with the big update.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Return to Dragon Era Discussion