Panzer Dragon - have drop rates been reduced?

Re: Panzer Dragon - have drop rates been reduced?

Postby Xanity » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Last 4 days of panzer farming gives me nothing but bots lol
Perseverance is the key, maybe with farming panzer nonstop you will be lucky enough to enter the stage when the RNG is good....

In case anyone believes in superstition or unreasonable things, I'm playing Dragon Era with Nexus 7 (2013). I'm always abandoning what is not worthwhile (example: all browns scenario), when I already decided to farm panzer, I'm always doing it nonstop (multitasking it of course, your time is precious so it's better to play it with other activities than playing this game only).

Believe me or not, if you've never been as lucky as me, that means you haven't farmed panzer stages as often as me
Dragon Era ~Xanity aka "Grand Slayer"~
Cards with max skill level: x2 Panzer Sea/x3 Fire/x1 Earth/x2 Holy/x1 Night Dragon (Skill level: 5/5)
Ongoing skill leveling: 7*Seer of Omniscient (Light Raid Boss) (Skill level: 1/6)
Xanity

Postby Xanity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:40 am

Here's my Fire Panzer (Hell Mode) drop rate:
1st-4th run
6th, 9th, 13th, 15th run

Total of finished run: 8 runs
Total of abandoned run: 7 runs
Wasted Energy Potion: ~4 pots

With total of 15 runs, I got 2 panzers. How it's going with you guys? Better drop rate? or worse?
Cards with max skill level: x2 Panzer Sea/x3 Fire/x1 Earth/x2 Holy/x1 Night Dragon (Skill level: 5/5)
Ongoing skill leveling: 7*Seer of Omniscient (Light Raid Boss) (Skill level: 1/6)
Xanity

Postby Midas » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:02 pm

I already calculated that panzer drop rate is really around 26% on Hell. For you and for all of us.
So we all have same luck. It's just a amount of effort you put into task.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Jas0n » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:37 pm

~26% chance to get a Panzer from a gold chest? or are chests predetermined and don't mean anything, you just have to wait until you get all 5? (Meaning right when you join it already knows which chests you will get?)

So ~26% chance that a single Hell Panzer run will drop a panzer?

and ~11% chance a single Insane Panzer run will drop a panzer?
Jas0n

Postby Midas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:05 pm

It's 26% that you get Panzer from Hell run, assuming 6 chests per each run.

Why game need to calculate chest when you start level? 0_0
It's additional work to program it in different way than elements on rolling machine.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Xanity » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:10 am

Here's how the system works, by the time you already entered the stage, you already have predetermined amount of gold and brown chests, even the boss chest is predetermined (chest after you kill the boss with it being gold or brown is predetermined). What you need to do is just to keep spinning and spinning until you get all the predetermined chests. So yeah, it's already predetermined (the amount of each chest type) by the time you entered the stage.

Example:
1st run: predetermined amount 5 brown chests and 1 brown chest from finishing, that means no matter how long or what you do, you can only get 6 brown chests
2nd run: predetermined amount 3 gold chests, 2 brown chests and 1 gold chest from finishing, that means if you keep spinning until you get all the chest then finishing the stage, the reward will be 2 browns and 4 golds unless you're not getting all the predetermined chests before

Note: Believe me, this is how the system works. In case you don't believe me, feel free to do so. I already tell you truth, it's your choice to believe me or not.
Xanity

Postby Durst » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:11 am

The clearest proof of this is that frequently, when you get a gold chest, it's after a very long wait. You get three, four, six, however-many brown chests, and then you just wait. You spin and spin and spin, and finally, after a few thousand g, a gold chest pops up. If every turn was random, and you had a chance to get either type each turn, the rate would be pretty constant. You'd get a steady stream of brown chests, interrupted by a gold one or two if you were lucky, and finish the level quickly. But the game presets your available chests at the beginning of the level. So you get all the brown ones, then spend ages waiting for the golds to show up.
Durst

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion