Friendship Needs a Rework!

Friendship Needs a Rework!

Postby Jas0n » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 am

Because you can only see the last 25 friends online, the game punishes you for having more than 25 friends.

I bought some extra friend slots and added lots of awesome people only to find myself DELETING people constantly so I can get down to 25.

Example of the problem:

If I have 40 Friends......Friend 35 has a Leader Card I am looking for......GOODBYE 10 friends so that my friend becomes 25th and I can actually see the Leader i'm looking for.

It is EXTREMELY annoying. I can only have a few friends at a time. My purchased friend slots are 100% useless.

P.S. This has been a problem I noticed DAY 1 of playing, but I just worked around it. Today I did it for the 100th time and I HATE deleting and adding the same friends constantly.
Jas0n

Re: Friendship Needs a Rework!

Postby yutyu » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:00 am

I agree! This becomes a problem too when you have a lot of friends and a lot of them come online at the same time.

The moment the current guild war starts, a lot of people starts coming online, pushing the card i need for my strategy over the 25 limit, giving me the inconvenience to beg in Guild Wall asking someone else to put up the card I need. This is a problem, a card you see in the middle of the list now will go over the 25 limit very soon if you have extremely active friends or when you have a lot of people online at the same time for an event/prize/etc.
Last edited by yutyu on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby HernHunter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:20 am

You have my vote. I noticed it before too. This way we are not able to help a lot of people with lower lvl's that normaly we could, because if i add them they push away other firends with cards that i need to use.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby mee » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:37 am

Id like to suggest maybe being able to "lock" multiple friends say 5-10 for the time listed in hours.
mee

Postby Xanity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:49 am

I cannot agree more with this suggestion. What is the point of expanding friend slot if in the end you can't utilize its benefit for you
Dragon Era ~Xanity aka "Grand Slayer"~
Cards with max skill level: x2 Panzer Sea/x3 Fire/x1 Earth/x2 Holy/x1 Night Dragon (Skill level: 5/5)
Ongoing skill leveling: 7*Seer of Omniscient (Light Raid Boss) (Skill level: 1/6)
Xanity

Postby Durst » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 pm

There are reasons PM has done this, Hernhunter's complaint actually being one of them (PM doesn't want new players having access to all the best cards, and this encourages higher-level players not to give them to them) and another being that having 75 friends means you would likely have access to most if not all useful leaders at any given time. Both of these are problems, and limiting the number of friends we can make use of is one way to solve them. But if that's the case...

What's the point of being able to increase the limit? -.-

So you can chat with the 50 ppl whose cards you aren't using? Maybe I'm just unpopular, but I can't imagine having ten ppl outside your guild you want to talk to, let alone 50. I literally only message one person on my friends list, everyone else I talk to is in my guild. Perhaps PM designed the friends list with the intent of letting players chat, but allowing us to use each others' cards has turned it into something completely different and largely motivated by game concepts rather than social interaction. I'll throw in my vote for a revamp of this system following the coming update.
Durst

Postby Xanity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:49 pm

With current system. There are many players that cut down their friend list so they can use the card they need with time limit of 12 hours from last log in (this proves that buying friend limit is stupid for some people, but maybe there are rare people like Durst said that buy it for communication purposes in game). mee suggestion is one of the solution from this thread. With mee suggestion, people will be able to enjoy the friend limit expansion more.

And about chat, slow clap to those that use gems to increase friend limit just for chat. You called that benefit? Oh, come on.... You need chat friends so bad that you desperately using gems for increasing friend limit? Not to mention the chatting system is crap like guild message.
Dragon Era ~Xanity aka "Grand Slayer"~
Cards with max skill level: x2 Panzer Sea/x3 Fire/x1 Earth/x2 Holy/x1 Night Dragon (Skill level: 5/5)
Ongoing skill leveling: 7*Seer of Omniscient (Light Raid Boss) (Skill level: 1/6)
Xanity

Postby Midas » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 pm

We already discussed this with admins:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12673&p=22097

Now it's your turn)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby admin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:20 pm

We are actually going to increase the maximum helper list size again with the expansion, please stay tuned!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Era Discussion