More friendship interaction

More friendship interaction

Postby GoldenArchangel » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 pm

I personally would like to have the option to "visit" a friends profile & view their deck. I know that there is messaging between players but it doesn't show the whole conversation. I would like to see a chat box type thing between friends. I guess it's just personal opinion but I would like to have more 'interaction' with other players. I absolutely love the game though I just think there are a few improvements that could be done. There's some great suggestions on this forum! I'm Adrienne, currently at level 45 & I play a level 40 Archangel. If anyone wants to be friends, it's d0cc3x! Happy playing! :D
User name- Adrienne
Guild- Dragonfly
Friend ID- d0cc3x
GoldenArchangel

Re: More friendship interaction

Postby Durst » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:46 am

Good things to look into post-update, I agree. Streamlining the messaging process could be nice, and I really like the "view a friend's deck" idea. The only time players have any interaction with each others' decks is in the arena, which isn't even direct combat, so I can't see a problem with letting us check out each others' cards. Would be helpful for newer players to learn from the older what's worth holding on to.
Durst

Postby GoldenArchangel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:30 pm

I'm glad you mentioned arena. Either I just don't understand how it works or its totally randomized. When I fight in the arena, the opposing card I fight (I know should lose due to players level & card maxed out) though my (sometimes same opposing card, let's say Succubus, loses) I would like to see information of each card displayed in the arena to see actual numbers of stats. (Hp, defense, etc...) Am I wrong or am I missing sonething?? LoL
User name- Adrienne
Guild- Dragonfly
Friend ID- d0cc3x
GoldenArchangel

Postby Xanity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:12 pm

That would ruin the arena a bit IMHO (In My Honest Opinion)
Player that has all the cards or strong arena cards can adjust his/her team composition and order to win every arena battle. It would only increase the gap between player that has strong arena cards with player that only has decent arena card. The strong can keep its streak until they run out of tickets, since they won't lose if they can check the player team though you need to friend them first to see their deck beforehand (based on the suggestion, only can see friends' deck)
Dragon Era ~Xanity aka "Grand Slayer"~
Cards with max skill level: x2 Panzer Sea/x3 Fire/x1 Earth/x2 Holy/x1 Night Dragon (Skill level: 5/5)
Ongoing skill leveling: 7*Seer of Omniscient (Light Raid Boss) (Skill level: 1/6)
Xanity

Postby Durst » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:49 pm

GoldenArchangel wrote:I'm glad you mentioned arena. Either I just don't understand how it works or its totally randomized. When I fight in the arena, the opposing card I fight (I know should lose due to players level & card maxed out) though my (sometimes same opposing card, let's say Succubus, loses) I would like to see information of each card displayed in the arena to see actual numbers of stats. (Hp, defense, etc...) Am I wrong or am I missing sonething?? LoL

Remember that guild lab bonuses factor in. There will always be a clear winner in a match-up unless the two cards are the same and the players have the same guild lab boosts. Then that match-up is randomized. Player level has no impact.

Xanity wrote:The strong can keep its streak until they run out of tickets, since they won't lose if they can check the player team though you need to friend them first to see their deck beforehand (based on the suggestion, only can see friends' deck)

I agree we shouldn't see arena stats, but seeing each others' cards shouldn't hurt, especially if you need to friend someone to see theirs.
Durst

Postby admin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem with allowing view of other player's entire crew is making account ownership verification much harder. Currently when someone lost their account during transfer/reinstall/etc, we often ask them to give details about their current crew (in addition to their other information such as various balances) as a way to verify that they are the owner of the account.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Durst » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Perhaps we should only be able to see each others' five teams, then. Or even only the current team. It's probably not necessary to be able to see every single card someone else has. Alternatively, the affirmation questions could have to do with which levels someone has completed. E.g.: "I've completed chapters 1 through 9, 11 through 15, x through y, etc." Or monster list completion, or quantity of epots and rpots, or friends list. There should be lots of other ways to confirm the owner of an account, I would think. Not sure how feasible they all are, but I'm just spitting out thoughts here :)
Durst

Postby GoldenArchangel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:09 pm

Durst wrote:Perhaps we should only be able to see each others' five teams, then. Or even only the current team. It's probably not necessary to be able to see every single card someone else has. Alternatively, the affirmation questions could have to do with which levels someone has completed. E.g.: "I've completed chapters 1 through 9, 11 through 15, x through y, etc." Or monster list completion, or quantity of epots and rpots, or friends list. There should be lots of other ways to confirm the owner of an account, I would think. Not sure how feasible they all are, but I'm just spitting out thoughts here :)

Yeah that's what I'm saying! Only be able to view a friends 5 cards, not the entire deck. But I agree, I would think (of course, I don't know) but there should be other ways of affirming a players account rather than just their cards. For instance...I'm currently STUCK on the final stage of the Wood Dragon Sea chapter & I would like to see what 5 cards my friends have used to conquer it...

Also what I mentioned earlier about the arena stats... Thank you, Xanity for the insight, that makes sense! ;)
User name- Adrienne
Guild- Dragonfly
Friend ID- d0cc3x
GoldenArchangel

Postby admin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:24 pm

We do ask for other information as backup support, but their active team is quite often asked and usually players do not remember details of or don't even have another battle team. While I agree this idea is very good one to consider in the future, there are other ways to improve interaction especially between guild members and friends - such as posting more questions/answers about various strategies on the guild wall or via our message system if you prefer to ask/share with friends. In fact, this type of communication actually raises more interaction than just viewing someone's active as there is a feedback loop and direct communication.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mee » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:02 am

From wanting to see other friends cards to their attack teams...i honestly see zero point in this...other than checking what a friend has up in arena so you don't lose your streak, that would be a ton of work for the devs...so you continue your streak...lame...run a better team then you don't need to see their teams...regarding better messaging I'm all for it...but id ask for improved guild chat/friend messaging first...why can't i click on a word that i misspelled 4 words ago? My only option is to erase everything until your back where you made the mistake...also i use Swype on Android...i noticed if something is misspelled and it gives a suggestion word that is correct..it won't input the correct word i selected....so all in all I'm -1 for viewing friends..cards/decks..etc ..and +1 for fixing guild/messaging system
mee

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion