Gem recruit question

Re: Gem recruit question

Postby Crtmn » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:41 am

slacks wrote:- Allow an exchange of GP for gems. Guild Points are the lifeblood of a players activity. It creates their wealth of pots which increases their playing activity. Allowing a certain exchange rate for gems (i.e. 10,000 GP = 10 gems) would increase the value of GP even further by giving a player the option to recruit with them rather than buy items in their shop.

They most likely wouldn't do this as guild points are effectively farmable since you can trade 100 coins for one GP, therefore in your example you could trade 1000000 coins for 10 gems. While time consuming, it would mean that gems are infinitely farmable, which would cut most of Playmage's profits. The only way they'd institute a system like this is if you could no longer trade coins for guild points, which would make for an interesting player response, to say the least.

I play other games with a similar purchasing structure (as i'm sure a lot of others here do), and in none of them are you allowed to trade the farmable currency for the premium currency.

+1 to all other ideas though. i like your style.
Crtmn

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion