Gem recruit question

Re: Gem recruit question

Postby Durst » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Slacks, those ideas are brilliant. The last one seems a little iffy, but I could be pursuaded, and I LOVE all the others. Hoping Admin/Pmsupport forward your post :)

mee wrote:playmage tells you that on the tenth card the previous 9 will be checked for a six star, and only if there isn't a 6 star in the first nine cards then and only then will they give you your guarenteed 6 star

The system you've just described is the old 500-gem recruit system. At the end of your draw, a piece of code checks your previous cards, and if none of them are 6-stars, the last one becomes a 6-star.

mee wrote:Durst explain how bonus gem recruits is now better?

The new system expanded that rule. The single-card draw version of the rule was actually better than the multi-card draw version, because it checked every ten cards (rather than every eleven) and every time you got a 6-star, you got to restart, instead of only once a draw. So you got less 6-stars. Now, the 500-gem draw method uses the same, upgraded effects the single-card version does: it checks every ten cards instead of every eleven, and it restarts with every 6-star instead of at the end of each run. For a full example of why that's better, look through this thread. I already wrote one.

mee wrote:...shouldn't it just be 6 star guaranteed every 10th card, no matter what the first 9 cards are?....you can't guarentee something and then say if you were lucky enough to get a 6 star in the first random 9 pulls, well sorry we guaranteed a six star and you got it...no no no...first nine pulls are supposed to be random, my guaranteed 6 star shouldn't be coming from the massive pool of all 4+ stars, my guarenteed six should be randomly chosen from a much smaller pool of only 6s....am i making any sense here?

You seem to have an issue with the word "guarantee." PM's guarantee is that "You will receive at least one 6-star for every ten draws." Their guarantee is NOT "Every tenth card will be a 6-star." That's a much bigger guarantee than our current one and worlds bigger than the old one. Campaign for it if you want to, but they already instituted sailor miles, and that's probably as close as you're going to get to a regular reward card for gem recruits.
Durst

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:12 am

There are some situations where you may be better off doing single draws. If you are in a situation where you no longer wish to continue gem draws for awhile but you want one more 6* card you may want to trigger guarantee 6* on the counter, the only way to do this is by single draws till you get the 6* card.

So if you did a 10 card draw then on average the counter will be at 5, if you've done single card draws you could count back till the last time you got a 6* card.

In this situation you'll be better off doing single draws, as you'll know where you stand with the counter.

So my suggestion is do 10 card draws if you can afford them, but if you start doing single draws wait until you get a 6* card before starting 10 card pulls again.
Benjamin

Postby Midas » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:48 am

Benjamin wrote: wait until you get a 6* card before starting 10 card pulls again.

Wrong. Each single draw is like loosing 1\10 of card and 10 Sailor Mines.
It's not noticeable if you do it once, but in long run it will add to big numbers.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby slacks » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Durst wrote:Slacks, those ideas are brilliant. The last one seems a little iffy, but I could be pursuaded, and I LOVE all the others. Hoping Admin/Pmsupport forward your post :)

Thanks Durst - Would love to see some of these get implemented, if not just one :D
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby mee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:46 pm

"The system you've just described is the old 500-gem recruit system. At the end of your draw, a piece of code checks your previous cards, and if none of them are 6-stars, the last one becomes a 6-star."
I disagree there was no check of previous 10 cards, but you always got a 6 star on 11th in the least. Typically you'd get two.
mee

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:09 pm

admin wrote:I will post the actual mechanic so there won't be any more guessing or false theories. The chance of getting any of the 6* card (or any card period), per each card drawn, is exactly the same if you draw 1 at a time or 11 at a time. The only difference is how the 6-star card is guaranteed for the 500 gems spent:

- For single card draws, we record number of cards you drew that in a row that is below 6*. If you draw 9 in-a-row below 6-star using single card draw, we guarantee the 10th one is a 6-star.
- For the 11 card draw, we first draw 10 cards (with exact same odds as single cards), and if all 10 of them is not a 6* card, we guarantee the 11th being a 6 star* card.

Check again mee. You really describe old system.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby admin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:50 am

Just a quick update on this topic: we have now patched the server so that the 1st post-tutorial recruit is guaranteed to be 5-star or better on both 1-card and 11-card draw, as well as now counting toward the 6-star guarantee streak if it's not 6-stars.
admin
Site Admin

Postby yutyu » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:39 am

Thanks admin for the improvement
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby ZOOT » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:12 am

yutyu wrote:Thanks admin for the improvement

+1
ZOOT

Postby Durst » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks for the reference, Midas, and the patch, admin.
Durst

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion