Gem recruit question

Re: Gem recruit question

Postby Ragnarok72 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:39 am

Yeah, all Durst has said is very true. But playmage has told us draws are random, it doesn't necessarily mean all chances (at 4/5/6*) are equal right? The total amount of 4 and 5* cards drawn is significantly higher than the amount of 6*... Thats why I figured there would be some sort of differences in chances...
Ragnarok72

Postby mee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:41 am

I've been doing bonus pulls guys and they are terrible, even getting steel warriors again, before they started tinkering with the mechanics of the bonus draw it, you wouldnt want to reveal all the cards at once as to not disturb anything, those first ten you knew were completely random for the fact that the cards were mixed of all stars..it was rare to get anything less than two per bonus pull, sometimes three 6 stars in one bonus...you that believe the guarantee changed to 10th spot is better are sadly mistaken ...consider this...if 6 star card was guarenteed at 11 and all 10 before it are truly random..... chances are pretty high one of those other 10 will be a six star...now why set it up as the tenth, and add another modification to check itself after 9 "random" pulls? It's simple unless you single pulled nine cards with the tenth being guarenteed(right?) Then switched to bonus pull so that your first draw must be a 6 star... therefore 10 cards later is your 11th....that also would be a six...being the only way you could ever get two, 6 star cards in bonus gem recruit at the present time..you following?...this quote sums it up nicely, from previous post

Why can't the tenth be a 6 regardless if you get one in the first 9 cards. The way you worded it sounded like you can only get one 6 star card in a bonus pull "10th draw to be a random 6 star card if the former 9 do not include one". So if it does include one in the first nine that's your guaranteed 6 star?....10th= random 6*, if first 9 doesn't include one?
mee

Postby admin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Ragnarok72 wrote:Yeah, all Durst has said is very true. But playmage has told us draws are random, it doesn't necessarily mean all chances (at 4/5/6*) are equal right? The total amount of 4 and 5* cards drawn is significantly higher than the amount of 6*... Thats why I figured there would be some sort of differences in chances...

Not all cards have equal chances,l 6-stars are rarer than 5-stars which is general rarer than 4-stars. What pmsupport meant is that the card picked is random selected based on the odds set for each card, and is not dependent on who is making the draw.

mee wrote: Why can't the tenth be a 6 regardless if you get one in the first 9 cards. The way you worded it sounded like you can only get one 6 star card in a bonus pull "10th draw to be a random 6 star card if the former 9 do not include one". So if it does include one in the first nine that's your guaranteed 6 star?....10th= random 6*, if first 9 doesn't include one?

Sure it can, all 10 cards can be 6-star cards if you are astronomically lucky. If you are asking why not make the 10th card always being 6-star regardless of previous 9 draws, then the answer is that it's not just setup that way, as it's intended to be a guarantee mechanism to smooth the bad luck in the randomness (and it's not even documented or shown in the game). However, I wouldn't rule it out it being implemented in a future expansion with a clear UI indication of the next guarantee draw.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Durst » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Ragnarok72 wrote:Yeah, all Durst has said is very true. But playmage has told us draws are random, it doesn't necessarily mean all chances (at 4/5/6*) are equal right? The total amount of 4 and 5* cards drawn is significantly higher than the amount of 6*... Thats why I figured there would be some sort of differences in chances...

Yeah, sorry Rag, should've covered that too. There are roughly the same number of 5- and 6-stars available but the draw rates of 6-stars are lower because their individual chances are set much lower.

mee wrote:as to not disturb anything

Mee, there-is-no-thing-to-dis-turb. Every draw is random unless you have the guarantee. What you get on one draw has NO IMPACT on what you get on the next. That's just basic logic.

mee wrote:you that believe the guarantee changed to 10th spot is better are sadly mistaken ...consider this...if 6 star card was guarenteed at 11 and all 10 before it are truly random..... chances are pretty high one of those other 10 will be a six star...now why set it up as the tenth, and add another modification to check itself after 9 "random" pulls? It's simple unless you single pulled nine cards with the tenth being guarenteed(right?) Then switched to bonus pull so that your first draw must be a 6 star... therefore 10 cards later is your 11th....that also would be a six...being the only way you could ever get two, 6 star cards in bonus gem recruit at the present time..you following?...

Mee, I honest to god have no idea what the fuck you are saying. You are somehow still trying to argue that getting more guaranteed good cards more often is worse than NOT getting them as often, and I don't understand it. I don't know if you think that getting a 6-star temporarily lowers your chances of getting more, or if, despite what I've said, it is impossible to get more than one 6-star per 500-gem draw, or if you think that PM has hired a man to sit at a desk and mess with your account just to infuriate you. This is beyond me.
Durst

Postby slacks » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Personally, I always found gem draws to be too expensive. I think 90% of DE players do a few draws to start out but quickly realize the risk and amount of money spent for such a low probability is not worth the cost. As mee put it, ~$33 for a random 6* card is definitely expensive no matter who you are, particularly if you are risking getting a card you don’t want or necessarily need. That said, and without getting into comps, surely the frustration coming out of this thread stems from the value the player is getting in return for their gem draw.

Durst’s point that increased rates would result in an easier game and therefore would lose players quicker is certainly true as well. The biggest question is whether gem draws could be made to be more cost-effective, meaning they allowed players to still draw and keep the integrity of the game intact, but offer more in return. The answer to this is yes – the game can absolutely offer more while keeping the game’s difficulty and rate of advancement the same.

Several ideas to add value to gem recruits:
- Increase the value of Sailor Miles. Since Sailor Miles are a byproduct of spending money on gem recruits, it only makes sense for them to have even more value. The value of Sailor Miles can be increased by allowing them to be spent on personal player stats. i.e. 500 Sailor Miles can help individuals boost their stats similar to the Guild Lab (including HP, ATK, Gold%, etc.). This way, there is a personal platform for promoting your own stats as well as the existing guild lab structure.
- Offer more sailor miles per gem recruit. The math has already been done, but if you want a great card through spending, you’re going to drop ~$500 for Pandora/Andromeda. For many, this will never be attainable to even get a recruit halfway through the ladder. If more sailor miles were given in conjunction with more options to offset the quantity, the difficult cards would still be difficult to attain as the temptation to spend the current SM stash on personal stats would loom.
- Run sales on gem recruits similar to sales on gems. Holding on to your gems takes discipline, and surely if you can hold them long enough to coincide with a 50% off gem recruits, you’ve earned having the bonus of both discounted gems and discounted recruits. But even if you’re not that patient, why not run a sale on gem recruits and offer them at a lower gem cost occasionally? Chances are the lower price point will attract more players to spend and feel like they’re getting more for their money.
- Use Sailor Miles to unlock special dungeons. These dungeons could contain gem recruit cards where only finishing the final map of that level (similar to the story maps) would allow a player to obtain these cards. This way, players would still need to spend gems to obtain the cards, and the difficulty of level set for these dungeons would be at a level so that novice players couldn’t simply spend their way to get every card. Further, it would offer yet another set of maps to complete.
- Allow sailor miles to be spent on player boosts. This could be anything from a 24-hour CP boost of 10+ to increasing the chance of gold chests.
- Allow an exchange of GP for gems. Guild Points are the lifeblood of a players activity. It creates their wealth of pots which increases their playing activity. Allowing a certain exchange rate for gems (i.e. 10,000 GP = 10 gems) would increase the value of GP even further by giving a player the option to recruit with them rather than buy items in their shop.

All in all, I think there’s much more value the gem recruits could offer, but I think the key is not changing the drop rates, rather allow for active and/or tenured players to have more ways to attain recruits which would ease some of the frustration of a bad draw while furthering gameplay.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby mee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Durst explain how bonus gem recruits is now better? And the fact that playmage tells you that on the tenth card the previous 9 will be checked for a six star, and only if there isn't a 6 star in the first nine cards then and only then will they give you your guarenteed 6 star, ...shouldn't it just be 6 star guaranteed every 10th card, no matter what the first 9 cards are?....you can't guarentee something and then say if you were lucky enough to get a 6 star in the first random 9 pulls, well sorry we guaranteed a six star and you got it...no no no...first nine pulls are supposed to be random, my guaranteed 6 star shouldn't be coming from the massive pool of all 4+ stars, my guarenteed six should be randomly chosen from a much smaller pool of only 6s....am i making any sense here?
mee

Postby mistervista » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:46 am

Well I guess the gem recruit system isn't working right now anyway because a friend of mine just messaged that they've just bought the 11 recruit pack for 500 gems and got nothing better than a 5*. That's just stealing money, no justification for that!
mistervista

Postby Midas » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:19 am

Ask admin about it.
If you buy 500 gem recruit and don't get 6* - it means some error from PM side or your friend side.

On my last 500 recruit I get two 6* so it was working as intended.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby admin » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:35 am

Midas wrote:Ask admin about it.
If you buy 500 gem recruit and don't get 6* - it means some error from PM side or your friend side.

On my last 500 recruit I get two 6* so it was working as intended.

Definitely the friend side (probably not noticing the 6-star or purposely discounting it). The guarantee code have been tested thousands of time and have not changed since then.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mistervista » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Ok thanks, I'll ask them to check again just to be sure.
mistervista

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion