help on new chapters

Re: help on new chapters

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:48 am

Older players having an edge over newer players is no problem in my opinion. Its not like the new players are disadvantaged by others having panzers (except for guild wars). Only when they compare themselves to older players they might feel that theyre having a slightly harder time. I'm only in the possession of two earth panzers, but I dont mind others going through chapters/bosses quicker as it doesnt harm MY gameplay, just improves theirs....
Ragnarok72

Re: help on new chapters

Postby yutyu » Fri May 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Midas wrote:Bigbadjohn, let me show you other point of view.

Facts: Panzer dragon are very powerful. 5/5 Panzer Dragons are overpowered. So it's decided to remove panzers and replace with other cards. This was discussed and can not be changed.

Now you have next three way of resolve this problem:
1) Remove all existing panzers from the game.
Pros - All players are in equal situation, all happy)
Cons - All players who had panzer dragon will instantly drop from game. (Most of active players have panzers)

2) Reset skill level of all panzers to 1
Pros - All players with panzers are in equal situation, but have some advantage over players without panzers and new players. New Horseman card should fix this.
Cons - All players who raised skill of their panzers will drop from game. Because to level skill once you need x6 more effort, than to just get panzer. And to level it to 5/5 - you need 25 panzers, insane amount of time and effort.
(Most active from active have panzers with skill 2+)

3) Stop producing more panzers, all existing panzers remains as reward to thous who earn them.
Pros - No new balance breaking cards. Only small fraction of players will drop game, because they don't have Panzers|can't level panzers. New Horseman should fix this.
Cons - new players will never be on level with older, who spend time and money into the game.

I see that PM selected best possible solution to resolve this situation.

What you select in such situation?
Or maybe you know other way? Share it with us.

This is a solution which I think will make more people happier (in my opinion)

Assuming I am playmage, I would first retire panzers and then introduce a set of Panzer Replacements (let's call this group of cards "Plan B")
Plan B cards will rotate like panzer but will rotate forever to keep power distribution balanced.
Plan B stages will rotate daily (Monday - Friday, perfect for all 5 elements)
Horsemen will co-exist with Plan B cards. (but horsemen will be time limited)

Now lets compare the stats

7* Panzer with 5/5 skills - 30 CP - 5 turns 30K damage to all.
7* Panzer with 1/5 skills - 30 CP - 9 turns 30K damage to all.
7* Plan B with 1/1 skills - 30 CP - 6 turns 25K damage to all.
(Took this idea from EXP dragons with 1/1 skills)

This way we get to honor those players putting in the time and energy to make 5/5 panzer by keeping it superior. 5/5 panzer owners stay happy.
We also addressed the "power gap between 1/5 and 5/5 panzer issue" by reducing the gap with Plan B. The skill 1/5 Panzer owners can be happy with an "improved panzer" with less effort.
Now everyone can get Plan B cards, even lower level players because it is here to stay forever. Lower level players stay happy they can catch up.

However, due to the fact that both Panzers and Plan B cards are ridiculously overpowered, we will now limit these cards.

Seeing that playmage can apply limitation to not have earth symbols in Water Apocalypse stages. It should be possible to limit both Panzer and Plan B cards to only:
1. Story battles (Chapter 1 to the final chapter)
2. Raid boss battles.
3. Material farming stages.
4. Arena
5. EXP dragon stages.

and banning those two groups of overpowered cards from:
1. Guild War. Destroying the 2x reaper combo, keeping Guild War more competitive and less boring. This might even encourage more gem recruits.
2. Other parts of the game where multiplayer competition is involved.

I think this solution drastically reduces the number of unhappy people. This even increases content for the game which is a positive outcome.

Disclaimer: The solution I mentioned only attempts to resolve the concerns that has been brought up for discussion as a solution to a "what-if situation". Realistically, there are other important points that Playmage might be concerned about but have never come to my mind. I do applaud Playmage having calmly handled the situation and trying their best to correct the issue with panzer skills disrupting the game balance.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion