help on new chapters

help on new chapters

Postby mee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:18 pm

I'm completely out of ideas on 39-4...anybody beat this without a revive?
mee

Re: help on new chapters

Postby admin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:27 pm

While most of the game can be cleared through with the right team setup, the last three stage areas (39-41) may either require a few lucky spins or stocking up a few revive potions from your guild shop/rewards. Take your time, there is no advantage/bonus for finishing before other players. We actually wanted to have these stages keep our veteran players challenged for a while.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu May 01, 2014 4:57 am

admin wrote:While most of the game can be cleared through with the right team setup, the last three stage areas (39-41) may either require a few lucky spins or stocking up a few revive potions from your guild shop/rewards. Take your time, there is no advantage/bonus for finishing before other players. We actually wanted to have these stages keep our veteran players challenged for a while.

This the "new strategy" aspect of the new areas - revive pots! This is the new concept - progress only by revive potions.

The irony of this is that the few players who managed to get Panzers 5/5 skill are going to need a lot fewer, so PM have given an even bigger edge to the hard core players over the rest.

Wait until you all try P5 of Hell level on horseman!!!!!!
Bigbadjohn

Postby admin » Thu May 01, 2014 5:06 am

I don't see an issue with players who spent insane amount of time time farming time-limited boss cards having an advantage, unless you are saying there should be a way to buy them directly with Gems or GP without spending the time... While unlikely for Panzers to return as bosses in the near future, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them being added to the Guild Shop or Miles reward in the future (it's something the design team has to decide on).
admin
Site Admin

Postby HernHunter » Thu May 01, 2014 5:09 am

Bigbadjohn wrote:
admin wrote:While most of the game can be cleared through with the right team setup, the last three stage areas (39-41) may either require a few lucky spins or stocking up a few revive potions from your guild shop/rewards. Take your time, there is no advantage/bonus for finishing before other players. We actually wanted to have these stages keep our veteran players challenged for a while.

This the "new strategy" aspect of the new areas - revive pots! This is the new concept - progress only by revive potions.

The irony of this is that the few players who managed to get Panzers 5/5 skill are going to need a lot fewer, so PM have given an even bigger edge to the hard core players over the rest.

Wait until you all try P5 of Hell level on horseman!!!!!!

Can you tell more about hell? As for now i concentrate on insane to get bouns card (able to do with 50% water dmg reduction). Hell is my next step so any info will be great.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu May 01, 2014 5:30 am

Hell is easy ;) Take a large stack of revive potions with you and no problems - P5 has blue and green mob both hitting for over 7k on CD0 and too many hp for one shot.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu May 01, 2014 5:38 am

admin wrote:I don't see an issue with players who spent insane amount of time time farming time-limited boss cards having an advantage, unless you are saying there should be a way to buy them directly with Gems or GP without spending the time... While unlikely for Panzers to return as bosses in the near future, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them being added to the Guild Shop or Miles reward in the future (it's something the design team has to decide on).

I did not say any of the above at all you incorrectly inferred something so far away from my point it is astonishing!!!!!!! I wish you would stop making leaps like that - not good admin practice!

I have an edge more than most but given that the Panzers have been retired you are taking away any opportunity for new players to obtain the same edge I have - the creation of 'barriers' for new player progression is I feel destructive to the long term future of the game as they will get disillusioned at their inability to follow the same progression path that existing players have already followed - I also don't particularly feel disadvantaged by the change to make revive potions a part of currency for progression as I can easily generate 150+ a month via guild points (because I have 3 of each panzer and some skilled up slightly) so I can choose to pace my game accordingly.

So you can now reply knowing where I am coming from - I have an edge and think it is unfair on the new players I am trying to encourage into the game!
Bigbadjohn

Postby HernHunter » Thu May 01, 2014 5:47 am

Hehe, realy HELL mode then. As far i am disappointed on insane map. Run it few times & got only 3* cards (only 1 gold chest so far after those few runs & it was also 3* card) & those 3* cards are not worth to use energy to get them. I think i am able to do insane save, without revive only thanks to double earth panzers combo (team:light healer + 50% water dmg reduction as leaders, 2*earth panzers 4/5 + 2* 7* HP cards).
Also about new cards: If skills that are on horsemens (passive ones) work like those we had before in game on other cards that was increasing element chance then i think they may be worthless. I will be sure after geting 1 & try it.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby admin » Thu May 01, 2014 5:50 am

Bigbadjohn: Sorry for assuming you were talking about something different. There are already couple other threads about Panzers being rotated out of the game and they have been replied to. Most recent one can be found on the first page of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13198#p25094

Please note I do agree to an extend new players won't be able to follow the same step progression as the new time-limited boss cards are different. It can be harder to use for new players as it requires special team setup and will run into back lucks due to inconsistent nature of it's skills. It's something that the design team has decided on but I will pass the feedback back to them.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Midas » Thu May 01, 2014 6:20 am

Bigbadjohn, let me show you other point of view.

Facts: Panzer dragon are very powerful. 5/5 Panzer Dragons are overpowered. So it's decided to remove panzers and replace with other cards. This was discussed and can not be changed.

Now you have next three way of resolve this problem:
1) Remove all existing panzers from the game.
Pros - All players are in equal situation, all happy)
Cons - All players who had panzer dragon will instantly drop from game. (Most of active players have panzers)

2) Reset skill level of all panzers to 1
Pros - All players with panzers are in equal situation, but have some advantage over players without panzers and new players. New Horseman card should fix this.
Cons - All players who raised skill of their panzers will drop from game. Because to level skill once you need x6 more effort, than to just get panzer. And to level it to 5/5 - you need 25 panzers, insane amount of time and effort.
(Most active from active have panzers with skill 2+)

3) Stop producing more panzers, all existing panzers remains as reward to thous who earn them.
Pros - No new balance breaking cards. Only small fraction of players will drop game, because they don't have Panzers|can't level panzers. New Horseman should fix this.
Cons - new players will never be on level with older, who spend time and money into the game.

I see that PM selected best possible solution to resolve this situation.

What you select in such situation?
Or maybe you know other way? Share it with us.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion