apocalypse water card...+1

Re: apocalypse water card...+1

Postby admin » Sun May 04, 2014 5:01 pm

If every single person who said anything positive about the game works for us, then every single person said something negative actually works for a competitor company. Of course it doesn't work like that. On any discussion forum, you will likely to see players who ask questions as well as players who helps to answer them, and equally there will be player who complains as well as players who helps to counters the complaints. No, Midas does not work for us. He is a outstanding and enthusiastic member of this great community, as you all are.
admin
Site Admin

Re: apocalypse water dude

Postby a9yay6 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:19 am

I spent pretty much the entire weekend playing with the Death card trying a bunch of different combinations to make this card work. I will say this, stating that this card is "weaker" than the panzer card is a severely poor choice of words.

The dmg output of this card can and does tremendously outway any panzer when paired correctly. Admittedly as stated from others, it isn't consistent like the panzers, nor should it be. If the horsemen hit every time it would be FAR more powerful, pending set-up.

Some helpful things in understanding the Horsemen Card Death:

The way this card should be viewed is a synergistic card for your team. This card isn't the lone wolf superstar like the Panzers where you can just throw whatever element of panzer in with your team and call it good.
(*quick note: some forward thinking should be in order since the new content now has element limitations*)

I have personaly always found the panzers lead ability fairly useless. 1.5xdmg increase and recovery power can be used from a host of other cards. Death's is no different. I found the leader skill for "significantly increasing chance of water symbols to appear" to be....well... surprisingly insignificant. That being said I did revisit this tactic several times over the weekend to see if anything became "significant" at any point. It didn't...moving on.

Instead he MUST be paired with specific cards of his element to make his use skill worth anything more than mediocre. For those that need clarification, I mean not puting him in the middle of a rainbow element team, or throwing him smack dab in the middle of an all fire team.

Some helpful team ideas for absolute face melting damage that I found after playing with him in my deck for 30+ hours this week:

Thetis does wonders for this card, the use skill increases dmg by 1.5x times for two turns. the same amount as Deaths skill. I found myself always putting her back in after I took her out.

Poseidon always felt like a must.

Water Panzers are great, but after playing with a Death helper I would swap them out for additional horsemen depending on my HP needs. Reason being I want that buff up as much as possible, plus they do have higher stats.

Cards with Healthy boost are amazing i.e. Lilith and Andromeda. (Midas, Thanks for letting me borrow Lilith and sharing the idea with everyone on here. I appreciate the follow through.)
*Panzers use skills do not get any benefits from Healthy Boosts.

My top 3 favorite teams farming Solomon mines:
#1. 5* Poseidon 12 CP, 7* Water Panzer x2 30 CP each, 7* Death 30 CP, 6* Fire Dragon 10 CP(I haven't made a Water Dragon yet), and 8* Thetis helper (thx Kel!).

#2.. 5* Poseidon, Water Panzer, Death, 6* Thetis, 6* Mermaid, and Poseidon helper. (a few times I swapped Poseidon helper with Lilith, fun but you have to be smart with it and use mermaid heal at clever times.)

#3. 6* holy Priestess, Water Panzer x2, Death, 6* Thetis, and Lilith helper.
Chad
lvl 162
Guild Leader of Fairy Tails
a9yay6

Postby Bigbadjohn » Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 am

I still stand by my assessment of Death being "weaker" generally than Panzer - using farming weekend treasure as an example seems facile - most of us can farm it so the main criteria for effectiveness is speed which means lack of intervention - I personally do one of two things.

1) Large HP mono team with doubled AP, auto spin (5 or 21 depending on how long you want to take) - no intervention if I'm unlucky I have to top up coins - net gain 60000 per go (better on 5 than 21)

2) Mono team with 3 panzers + 5* dragon - 4 auto-spins to CD 3 activate abilities - net gain over 64000 per go

Death requires cutting in to manual spin - changing spin and a couple of manual spins - combining with other cards will make the run slower than the above and cost more - so in "real game" terms Death loses again.

I am currently testing Death in 3 scenarios,

1) Use in a team more or less as replacement for Panzer,
2) Using command slot plus another Death in team, normal fights
3) as 2) in Apocalypse fights.

Initial results (under 100 of each activation) shows in case
1) The average output is almost certainly lower than Panzer - split was c66% lower c15% same c19% higher. The average was about 76% of output.
2) This was close - the average is possibly slightly higher - need more spins, still spiky so very large sample required.
3) I am thinking on the apocalypse fights the average may be clearly higher - again need more spins as the peaks are very high.

I am doing this as I am looking to find a use for these in a game situation - so far nothing and I would be happy for somebody to come up with a practical rather than theoretical way of using Death.

I have used it with Lilith and Kraken and it is fun occasionally throwing out over a million damage in a spin but in the real world the team would have died way before then - so Death does fit in the new
brave world of revive potions but I still remain unconvinced.
Bigbadjohn

Postby pudgy87 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:37 pm

I've been playing around with the death card with ultrasteel warrior and it seems to work very well I always seem to get jogging antic huge hit and I barely ever miss it seems like I use a possiden with a light healer medic and sea serpent and I was able to walk through all the way to chapter 6 where I wasn't able to before with my Panzer. all in all I like the new card
DE code dmb0xy
pudgy87

Postby Bigbadjohn » Tue May 20, 2014 6:12 pm

pudgy87 wrote:I've been playing around with the death card with ultrasteel warrior and it seems to work very well I always seem to get jogging antic huge hit and I barely ever miss it seems like I use a possiden with a light healer medic and sea serpent and I was able to walk through all the way to chapter 6 where I wasn't able to before with my Panzer. all in all I like the new card

Methinks the Poseidon and Sea Serpent are the key here :D
Bigbadjohn

Postby _0nyx_ » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:50 am

I want to give this card a +1 for being my first "really" useful seven star card, but I need a friend who has a lvled up 7star Blackbeard or better in order to run the map. You can add me at ecf03x, thank you for listening.
_0nyx_

Postby chris71483 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Great team to Finish water Apocalypse:

10K ~ life

Leader Black Beard and Leader Healer
Team: Necromancer, Snake Spirit, + 2 attack cards (i was using Flame dragon and cyclops)
I never died.

chris71483, Leader of " ImmortaL "
chris71483 GM of " ImmortaL "
chris71483

Postby Boop » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Chris, what difficulty are you presenting that team for? Most of the discussion here is for Insane or Hell.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby _0nyx_ » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:51 am

Thanks to anyone out there who may have provided me a BB to use, got death on the third "successful" run.
_0nyx_

Postby chris71483 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:35 am

To Boop, Insane of course. So you can get the Death Apocalypse card. Im level 117 right now and Got one already.

chris71483 Leader of " ImmortaL"
chris71483 GM of " ImmortaL "
chris71483

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion