apocalypse water card...+1

apocalypse water card...+1

Postby mee » Thu May 01, 2014 9:04 pm

..the benefit this card has puts pz to shame..this card right out of the bag is 9cd...take into account its smashing mobs for two spins...your basically waiting 7cd for it to pop back up....lets go just a bit further with maxed cd of 5...again two of those spins are working on mobs..so your left waiting forever (3 spins) to use it again... now i realize it doesn't always work...but it's benefit outways the negatives...being able to activate awesome lines for all like element is invaluable and possible overkill...i do however agree that the brown chest drops are pretty much useless if you don't have a 6* or better regular dragon..while it's a bit of work to evolve upgrade evolve upgrade it's a solution to dropping the super high cd of dragons...yes i realize Medusa...hell hound....etc are not attainable anymore other than gem recruits...i know play mage will make them easier to get..for the very reason they are so vital to noobs...I've also heard talk about pzs being added to guild shop and stuff like that...all in all ...thank you play mage for a superior card to panzer..hands down...happy gaming.
Last edited by mee on Sun May 04, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mee

Re: apocalypse water dude

Postby Bigbadjohn » Fri May 02, 2014 3:09 am

Mee said - "thank you play mage for a superior card to panzer..hands down" - is there any analytical or scientific basis to back up this? Love to see that as my stats are not showing it at all.

It is an "interesting" card in command it doubles (approx.) the chance of getting a blue line so output there doubles and there is a modest chance 2 in 9 spins of getting a bonus damage. On odd occasions the
bonus is huge (and thus overkill). It can have synergy with shell fairy and kraken (steel warriors stats too poor) so yes an "interesting" and moderately powerful card. It fits in with the new "revive potion" style of play
and is quite fun to use.

Downsides - in leader slot it offers no hp bonus so team survivability goes down the pan - out of leader slot it is losing most of the benefit.

It clearly cannot give the same damage throughput of the panzer dragon and does not in any way replace it as utility is worse.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Midas » Fri May 02, 2014 5:27 am

And that was the plan - to create weaker panzer replacement.
Because if they create card as powerful as Panzer - why remove them?)

So this card completely fulfill its role - weaker version of Panzer dragon with funny mechanic.
In mono blue team it may give huge damage output. If you add Thetis to the mix it may even surpass panzer.

Leader skill is weak, but Panzers also doesn't have something incredible in their x1.5 attack and recovery.
All working as intended.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby HernHunter » Fri May 02, 2014 5:36 am

Midas wrote:And that was the plan - to create weaker panzer replacement.

So this card completely fulfill its role - weaker version of Panzer dragon with funny mechanic.
In mono blue team it may give huge damage output. If you add Thetis to the mix it may even surpass panzer.

Leader skill is weak, but Panzers also doesn't have something incredible in their x1.5 attack and recovery.
All working as intended.

But if you put Death+Thetis as leaders where you put healer? As i tested new card in full water deck, even with Thetis, i did not get good result. Water spins increase do not worth to even mention & 5 elements change is not enough to do any difference as for me.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby Bigbadjohn » Fri May 02, 2014 5:55 am

Midas wrote:And that was the plan - to create weaker panzer replacement.

All working as intended.

I agree - we have a less flexible, weaker replacement to the Panzer - I am not unhappy with it just felt is being described as a 'superior'
replacement was a little OTT. Thetis is interesting (and can be used with Panzer) but the thing is Death doesn't multiply up shooting abilities as say Poseidon (which also doubles up hp) so I know which I'd prefer.
I still have not found that the activation of the new ability matches Panzer ability in either total or effective damage output although the first of those is not proven yet due to the sample size required to test accurately being so high.

I quite like the card and the 'fun' aspect of it but Panzer (or Poseidon) it is not.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Midas » Fri May 02, 2014 7:02 am

HernHunter wrote:But if you put Death+Thetis as leaders where you put healer? As i tested new card in full water deck, even with Thetis, i did not get good result. Water spins increase do not worth to even mention & 5 elements change is not enough to do any difference as for me.

They both bad as leaders. Use healer+damage reduction leaders, and Death + Thetis as damage cards. She have nice synergy with Death - one increase water damage by 1.5, second actually make this water damage.

Bigbadjohn wrote: I am not unhappy with it just felt is being described as a 'superior' replacement was a little OTT.

They remove one card because it was overpowered, and you was thinking that new card will be "superior" to it?) Damn good optimist you are!
Midas

Postby Boop » Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 am

I actually think a 5 skill Horseman would be outrageously strong in a mono team. It would outweigh a Panzer.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Durst » Fri May 02, 2014 9:50 am

Midas wrote:
Bigbadjohn wrote: I am not unhappy with it just felt is being described as a 'superior' replacement was a little OTT.

They remove one card because it was overpowered, and you was thinking that new card will be "superior" to it?) Damn good optimist you are!

I believe bbj was referring to the OP:

mee wrote:thank you play mage for a superior card to panzer..hands down...happy gaming.

Not to the actual ability of the panzer. His post seems to indicate he is less than pleased with it.

Boop wrote:I actually think a 5 skill Horseman would be outrageously strong in a mono team. It would outweigh a Panzer.

I agree with Boop, as well as with some other points made here. The horseman obviously does not come even close to a panzer when compared singularly, as most of the commenters here have done. But the thetis combo Midas suggested, along with consideration of a mono team, starts to make a horseman sound pretty juicy. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would use one as a leader card, but slot it into the middle of a strong water team and this card could significantly multiply the team's turn per turn damage.

The real issue with the card, to me, is in a phrase bbj used:

Bigbadjohn wrote:I agree - we have a less flexible, weaker replacement to the Panzer

Less flexible. The real advantage to panzers isn't necessarily their total power output--it's the hammer blow they can drop without fail in a single turn by using their ability. That shot never misses and always deals a set amount of damage. It's predictable. It gives the player a measure of control by allowing them to hit what they want when they want. It's recharge rate is very quick, but so is the horseman's--the difference is that, no matter how much power the horseman may add to a monochrome team, that power is not something you can control. It happens randomly based on good spins during its two turns of spin element change. You can't guarantee that either of those two turns will produce a giant hit the way the panzer will, and even if those spins do occasionally output even more damage than panzers, you never know when that will happen, and thus cannot plan your turns around it.

I like the card. It's powerful in its own way and at least somewhat innovative, the panzer's younger sibling, but without the game-breaking power to deal massive damage instantaneously on a very short recharge.
Durst

Re: apocalypse water card...+1

Postby Midas » Sun May 04, 2014 4:10 pm

There's one thing that work with Death and don't work with Panzers - leader skill of Lilith, Andromeda and Pandora.
Because damage that Death do is normal attack, it will be increased by Healthy Boost by x3.5
And Lilith with Andromeda fit well into full blue team.
Midas

Re: apocalypse water card...+1

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sun May 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Midas wrote:There's one thing that work with Death and don't work with Panzers - leader skill of Lilith, Andromeda and Pandora.
Because damage that Death do is normal attack, it will be increased by Healthy Boost by x3.5
And Lilith with Andromeda fit well into full blue team.

Midas - do you work for PM ;)
Bigbadjohn

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion