totem skills

totem skills

Postby Nakazawa » Fri May 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi. Is it just me or totem skills (chance increased of matching symbols) are a joke? I don't really see any difference but maybe it's my bad luck so hey here we go.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Re: totem skills

Postby Wendigo » Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 pm

On several occasions I have kept a record of alignments both with and without the use of totem increasing skills and have yet to notice a statistical difference between the two. Which means either the effect is very small or the skill is broken.
Wendigo

Postby Durst » Fri May 02, 2014 6:38 pm

I've never heard of anyone using anything with a totem skill card as a leader. I kind of get the feeling it's a "filler" leader skill. Not every card can have a useful leader skill, so if they want the card to be primarily useful based on its stats and active skill, they can hand it a totem skill for its leader skill and it'll count for almost nothing. Cause who's gonna make use of it? :P Just my opinion.
Durst

Postby Nakazawa » Fri May 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Durst wrote:I've never heard of anyone using anything with a totem skill card as a leader. I kind of get the feeling it's a "filler" leader skill. Not every card can have a useful leader skill, so if they want the card to be primarily useful based on its stats and active skill, they can hand it a totem skill for its leader skill and it'll count for almost nothing. Cause who's gonna make use of it? :P Just my opinion.

Death. The more water symbols you get... In a mono team it would have sense to have Death as leader, if the skill works of course.
Nakazawa

Postby Durst » Fri May 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Obviously it would provide more hits for a mono team, but unfortunately, almost all stages still conform to the same three needs as far as leaders go: healer/damage reduction, healer/cyclops, healer/hp mult. If a stage is difficult, it almost always requires one of those three setups, and if it isn't, there are dozens of other options beyond the totem skill leaders that can produce much quicker, less expensive battles.

It isn't that they don't have a foreseeable use--I just can't imagine a situation in which there isn't a better option.
Durst

Postby Nakazawa » Sat May 03, 2014 9:01 pm

In a guild war they would be useful I guess. You have few turns and you need to strike the most possible. With, e.g., 1 poseidon and a mono blue team you could do serious damages having death as leader, if its skill would actually provide water symbols.
I'm not sure it is the best team, still I'd like to know if it's worthy or not to set him as leader.
Nakazawa

Return to Dragon Era Discussion