sorry for noobie question(s)

sorry for noobie question(s)

Postby sandman » Wed May 07, 2014 9:34 am

Hey all I have just started playing a couple days ago, and I have looked for this answer (may have just missed it) so sorry if this post is in the wrong area (feel free to move it), at any rate from what I have read there are "maiden" cards that seem to have an ability to add health on each spin, as opposed to some of the other cards who's special ability is giving X number of health points, I am not sure I understood and just need clarification (and where do we find these?)...also I am a little confused because I have seen different things but what is the highest number of stars ( I have read 7 and 8) and how do I get those just by evolving all the way up, or is there some highly improbable odds that I can draw a 7 or 8 star??.....also THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! for any and all info, and to the devs thank you for a kick ass game. I also have created a guild, for any and all at this point "DAMAGE INCORPORATED" join me if ya' want thanks again
sandman

Re: sorry for noobie question(s)

Postby pmsupport » Wed May 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi sandman, there are two kinds of HP recovery skills: active skill that restores your team's HP every time its skill cooldown becomes zero; Leader Skill that restores your team's HP each turn. The maiden cards (Holy Maiden, Ocean Maiden, etc.) have HP recovery skill as active skill and Leader Skill. However, some cards may only have HP recovery skill as active skill, such as Dragon Paladin.

Now the rarest cards are 8 star cards. Some cards can be evolved to 7* or 8*. To check the evolution ability of cards, please check the Monster Book & Evolution part of Dragon Era wiki: http://dragonera.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_ ... nture_Wiki. 7* and 8* cards are not available to draw directly in game, but if you get lucky, you might be able to draw/redeem some 5* or 6* cards that can be evolved to 7* or 8* from Gem Recruit/high level Guild Shop. Some good 5* and 6* cards are also available in the latest chapters.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Durst » Wed May 07, 2014 9:08 pm

I'd been typing for a while when pmsupport's reply showed up, so apologies for redundancies:

1) There are three cards sequences that heal you every turn passively if put in a leader slot. All of them start at 4* (four stars) and evolve up to 6*. The best is the holy priestess, which evolves from the holy maiden which evolves from the light maiden. Next best is the saintess of the ocean, which evolves from the ocean maiden which evolves from the water maiden, and the worst is the floral saintess, evolved from the floral maiden evolved from the earth maiden. The saintess of the ocean is only a tiny amount worse than the holy priestess (except in that its active skill is different and generally worse), whereas the floral saintess is only about half as useful as the other two. Eventually, everyone needs a holy priestess. It is the single most imperative card for getting anywhere in this game, since nearly every optimal strategy requires her as a leader. However in the early stages, it generally doesn't matter which of these cards you have since they all heal a lot compared to your total health.

2) The cards range in rarity from 2 to 8 stars, but no card type other than the dragons can evolve more than twice. Swordfish 2* evolves to Spiked Swordfish 3* and no further. Light maiden 4* evolves to Holy maiden 5* evolves to Holy Priestess 6*. Zeus 6* evolves to Almighty Zeus 7* evolves to Zeus the Supreme God 8*. For a full list of any given card's evolutions, go to the wiki, where Midas (Howrus) has done an amazing job of getting nearly every card and its evolutions up for you to peruse:

http://dragonera.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Era_-_Slots_Adventure_Wiki

3) Collecting high-level cards in this game is a difficult process. The primary methods of obtaining good cards are through gem recruits (In-App Purchases, though you can earn gems in-game in some ways) and the guild shop. Both involve a lot of randomness, so if you want to go anyplace, be prepared to wait and take your share of bad luck. There are, of course, other ways of getting better cards, though these are difficult. As you progress through the main levels of the game, you'll find better and better bonus cards available as collection bonuses for stages (that card on the right side that you get when you collect all the cards on the left side). All three of the 4* maidens I mentioned above are available in chapter 5 (though by the time you get there you probably won't need them, ironically). Another method of collecting better cards is through guild wars. I won't explain exactly how guild wars work (they're easy to figure out and your guildmates can help you), but joining a strong guild is a great way for a new player to quickly get good cards (I understand the urge to build your own guild, but that's extremely difficult at this point in Dragon Era's life, and you'll get a huge headstart on leveling your guild shop and finding good members by joining an already-established guild; I recommend "The Avengers"). There are other ways to get stronger cards, but I'll leave you to sort them out.

If you're new to Dragon Era and you didn't start with one of the saintesses as your free 6* card, I recommend you friend several ppl who do have them as soon as possible. You'll need them. Many fans of this game recommend restarting your file until you start with a holy priestess, though I personally had no trouble finding one myself. If you're the collecting type (like me) who likes to pick up one of every card, I highly recommend you restrain yourself until late in the game--you'll pick up every single card in monster lists 1 and 2 (on the wiki) by accident just by playing through, and most of the rest will come naturally as well. Don't search for them, don't evolve for them, and don't buy them from the guild shop. Just focus on the cards you need to beat the levels you're playing. In the end, much of the game will boil down to you seeking out 6* cards to evolve or skill-up to make the most powerful teams in the game, which in turn will help you reach the best prizes. For more on intermediate gameplay, check out Xanity's guide:

http://www.playmage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11853

I'm also happy to answer all the noobie questions you like, so post away :)
Durst

Postby sandman » Thu May 08, 2014 12:11 am

You guys are sooo freaking awesome, great info and links thank you a ton I really appreciate all the info, time and effort it took ya' to type all of it out, thank you, thank you
sandman

Postby yutyu » Thu May 08, 2014 1:01 am

If you are a beginner in this game, you would have a lot of friends with these cards:
So this page would help you greatly and makes memorizing cards so much faster with pictures.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ppH ... LCexYQ/pub

Edit: Misunderstood Durst's comment.
Last edited by yutyu on Thu May 08, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby Durst » Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Just to clarify, I personally do not recommend restarting until you get a Holy Priestess. I believe that restarting games until you get the result you want defeats the purpose of the game itself in most circumstances. I do believe in resetting results you find utterly disappointing if they will have a long-term effect on your happiness (I'd be bummed to start with a fire elemental, knowing the game the way I do now), but unless doing otherwise will markedly detract from your game experience, I support sticking with what you get. I started with a maiden of darkness and have been perfectly happy and successful. Wouldn't trade her for anything. That said, the above is my personal philosophy--I have no problem with others playing differently :)

I also note two errors with the link yutyu posted: firstly, catalina the red is not an available starting card, though the picture next to it is. That card is the flame sorceress. Both her abilities are different, and I assume the stats are as well, but that picture is accurate. Secondly, the picture for the Royal Fencer is actually the picture of its pre-evolved form, the Master Fencer. A minor discrepancy, unlikely to impact anyone's decision-making. Regardless, that chart is really handy, yutyu. Thanks for sharing. Wish I'd had that when I started playing!
Durst

Postby yutyu » Thu May 08, 2014 2:09 am

Durst wrote:I also note two errors with the link yutyu posted: firstly, catalina the red is not an available starting card, though the picture next to it is. That card is the flame sorceress. Both her abilities are different, and I assume the stats are as well, but that picture is accurate. Secondly, the picture for the Royal Fencer is actually the picture of its pre-evolved form, the Master Fencer. A minor discrepancy, unlikely to impact anyone's decision-making. Regardless, that chart is really handy, yutyu. Thanks for sharing. Wish I'd had that when I started playing!

Fixed! Thanks for that.
Regarding the Catalina thing, I got it from viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11598
Removed Catalina. Flame Sorceress is a starting card? Never knew that.
Added Flame Sorceress.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby Durst » Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 am

Yep. The cards work in patterns. In monster list 3 in the wiki, each element has a human (balance) series, an attack (demon) series, and a (recovery) series of varying races (demon, human, and beast I think). The (recovery) series ends with the Holy Priestess, Saintess of the Ocean, Floral Saintess, Maiden of Darness, and Flame Sorceress. Just as the first four are available at initial draw, so is the Flame Sorceress. The same applies for other cards (Flower Messenger, Greater Fire Elemental, Mermaid, Butterfly Fairy Queen, and Demon Spirit are all similar, as are Demeter, Poseidon, Agni, Archangel, and Persephone; all ten of those are available at first draw).

The coolest part to me is that every element has the same number of evolutions, even though those evolutions don't all line up perfectly. For example, take the series Flower Messenger, Greater Fire Elemental, Mermaid, Butterfly Fairy Queen, and Demon Spirit. Of those, none can evolve any further--except the Mermaid. It can go to 7*, while the others are stuck at 6*. Doesn't seem fair. Is water just better? A 7* recovery type will have much more power than a 6*. But if you look at the other cards within monster list 4, you'll notice that the hp-heavy earth-type warrior princess and light-type high priestess can also go to 7* where others of their type (human (balance)) cannot. The same goes for the flesh lotus (a fire demon (attack) type) and the cat thief (a dark beast (balance) type). This makes the different elements better at different things (water is better at recovery, earth and light have more hp, fire is better at attack, etc.), sort of fine-tuning not just the cards but the entire elements to be better at different aspects of the game.

Maybe other players have found that second part obvious, but I didn't and I thought it was pretty cool when I first figured out the pattern :)
Durst

Postby Midas » Thu May 08, 2014 3:28 pm

yutyu wrote:If you are a beginner in this game, you would have a lot of friends with these cards:

Also you can't get Cyclops, Lilith, Hecate and Homunculus as starter cards.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby yutyu » Thu May 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Midas wrote:
yutyu wrote:If you are a beginner in this game, you would have a lot of friends with these cards:

Also you can't get Cyclops, Lilith, Hecate and Homunculus as starter cards.

Fixed...
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion