Guild War suggestion

Re: Guild War suggestion

Postby Boop » Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 pm

There is no bandaid solution to this.

Comparison (note: of course no-one can live to 150).

A CEO of a company (guild) has been around for 150 years (level 150 in Dragon Era), he has done his hard yards and made person investments (both time and money) into the company as well. Not to mention well networked because companies 'in the old days' had to work hard to theory craft together in order to advance in the industry. He is cruising along winning a pile of contracts.
A new company (guild) comes along, but only 90 years (level 90 in Dragon Era) of experience. Clearly his time and money spent are lower, and his rewards will take considerably longer to pay off. His network is small because many smaller companies fall over.
The new company (guild) approaches the government (dev/admin) because they feel hard done by. The government shrugs.

Welcome to life. Those who started early and are established are simply better off. There is no solution to the fact that some picked up the game earlier, and some did not. Evening the playing field would undo the fact that there is a time vs reward scale to an overwhelming majority of games.

When I was level 1 in this game, there were already people 100+. Spend your time researching, theory crafting, discussing potential card usage. Even after leaving top 3 guilds I still get PM's from those in them asking how I beat top end stages (in recent times, how I beat Horsemen-Hell with only 3 revives). This network which has been created will lead you to victory, not spending money or solving problems which require United Nations efforts.

Should we just boost everyone to level 180? Give every account every card? Massive gem handouts?

What you really need to understand is that these games are transient. Eventually those top end players will move on. I've seen many old friends in this game go, and recently had to say goodbye to another. Your time to shine will come if you're patient enough.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby _0nyx_ » Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 pm

The Top batch of newer players would have a chance to get there within a year or so and the rest would follow eventually. The newer players such as myself gave this suggestion, why exactly would I be against stronger players moving on to bigger and better things. I mean all that really means is that I've more to do and more to see in this game right once my deck becomes powerful. So as long as I play my cards right and get lucky now and then I could also enter the Elite GW with my guildies. My idea is basically to create intense competition between more evenly matched guilds for more evenly matched rewards for their level. When you go to register for war you would always have chance to go to Elite, but beginners would have restrictions, and the regular would be open to everyone but the winners 1st-3rd, of the last war of the same guild boss. So next time lucifer come around for example they would have to go elite fighting for elite prizes. Once again anyone can attempt Elite but once you choose your war you cannot change.
_0nyx_

Postby Boop » Wed May 14, 2014 10:57 pm

There are a lot of issues with creating multiple Guild War Leagues.

At what point in time does a Guild go up/down in Leagues?
Who selects this?
Is it based upon Guild Level, or Individual Account Level?
Who monitors people going in and out of Guilds to change Leagues, and how can you stop league fixing?
If League is selection based, why would the top guilds just not arrange to ensure different guilds compete in different leagues to ensure everyone is happy?
Do prizes change depending on your League?

There are way too many variables involved, and there's already an individual rank reward system in place to ensure people can still achieve the Guild War card regardless of who actually wins the war. The 50,000 benchmark is far lower than a lot of players in top3 actually put out.

This is a very complex situation, and creating different leagues will just further complicate it.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby _0nyx_ » Wed May 14, 2014 11:28 pm

That is indeed true, the GW war system would become more complicated and their are those who would abuse the idea of this system in which it would then have to be ironed out like the GS was, like the Panzer Dragon, difficuly of maps to better challenge the elite and more. So I'm not saying this is a fix all solution, I just feel like me and many others, such as my guild mates, would spend more money if we thought we could actually fight for a top position. You see all those players below the top 10. They would make one hell of fight for a top 10slot so they can stop gathering maidens and get effective blockers be they 5 or 6star. The Guilds just below or hanging low waiting for something new in GW's would start packing heat in the Elite war for that new card or maybe they could make rainbow maps an award. I bet some high lvls would fight for them huh. This game is really still a work in progress, Yes it can hurt to try something new but at the same time the same old same old is well, the same! If it doesn't work we can try again, haven't we already altered the GW's to everyone's benefit, well why not do so even more. The holes in the new system I am merely suggesting would have to be full by our dear creators of this game.
_0nyx_

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:42 am

So many games have tournaments where there are no individual prizes, so top guilds stay on top, every player in that guild gets a reward, all that score below top ten get nothing. There are already three guilds in a battle for the first three places, obscurity might join again once the GW cards are refreshed. There's plenty of competition, perhaps you've missed it.

Lets look at the guild 'High Court', havent they recently grew steadily towards the top tier in GW's. As I've said earlier if u expect a mid lvl guild to receive the 7* GW cards u're just losing the point of a real competition. Dont think the Spanish league will make a seperate competition for Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid just because theyre beating the others year after year...

If u feel like a big shot just score 50k pts. If u cant do that yet, I'd say there is absolutely no reason why you should be rewarded with a 7* GW boss.
Ragnarok72

Postby _0nyx_ » Thu May 15, 2014 4:07 am

You seem to have missed my point aswell. I'm not likely to take a top 3position without spending even if the current top guilds leave. All I want is a situation like there was,or atleast should have been, in the first guild wars where the battle was anyone's game and everyone was trying their hardest. By everyone I mean everyone, that's why I would like a higher tier and lower tier, of course the rewards for each would be appropriate(significantly higher and lower). Honestly speaking I thought higher lvl players would be thrilled for a more challenging and rewarding war, rather than rinse and repeat wars for the exact same reward. I believe the new wars I'm thinking of in the higher tier should award 3x rainbow treasure map, 400gems, whatever card of their choice be it new or the same(preferably new or 8star version atleast), arena tickets, you know something that higher lvls could use. Whilst this could be happening, all the pit dogs are paying for gems for new cards and refreshes to get a team with enough girth to take the regular guild war and see what the elite one is all about next time around. Because right now they know that without extreme luck they will never see eye to eye with the higher lvl players. With my Idea I believe that would be possible within a couple years or so depending on your luck with gem recruits and the guild shop. What this games is seriously lacking is a skill component outside of how much spare money your job can afford to spend on dragon era, and of course luck. However that is a whole other topic I'm not looking to discuss right now, nor do I believe this issue could be fixed without real pvp that could turn this into a real card game instead of an expensive slots game with nice cover art. I like the slots and all but I feel like this game is just supposed to be funding a game they are working on behind the scenes. If that's true I honestly hope it's not another straight up beautiful tool for making money. All I want to for them to start with right now is more even competition not fair competition because their is nothing fair about luck if it's on your side or your opponent's. I like Dragon Era as it is now, I'm just giving suggestions to help make it more interesting, not asking for a handout.
_0nyx_

Postby mistervista » Thu May 15, 2014 4:20 am

It might help if every good card was available in the shop at some point. I upgraded our shop to level 7 several weeks ago and in all that time nobody in the guild has seen anything better than was there at level 6. Even poor 6* cards are extremely rare. It cost tens of millions to upgrade but with no reward. What was the point? Surely at level 7, then 7* cards should appear! ?
mistervista

Postby _0nyx_ » Thu May 15, 2014 4:37 am

I don't think 7stars even appear at lvl8guildshops, however I wouldn't mind if they made it so duplicates don't exist in the shop, like the lvl10 and lvl1 fishing fighters I have in my shop right now. Also if they made it so you can buy more than one of baby dragons or if they could appear in atleast the 4star stage(fairly rare like getting that maiden you need) and 6star aswell but be as rare as the other 6star cards to.(the same thing for the most part as being able to by more than one except not as good becuase you have to wait forever to find that 6star dragon.
_0nyx_

Postby iuwan » Sun May 18, 2014 5:33 am

i agree with the 1st comment.
I think there should be tiers like arena.
Each guild's tier level would based on the players' average level - with this, the first 5-10 guild would belong tier3, and newest guild to tier 1 or tier 2.
So, if a guld leader is a lvl 80, and guild has 5 members, lvl: 92, 78, 54, 67, 112, (80+92+78+54+67+112)/6=80.5 so the guld's lvl would be 80, that means tier 2
iuwan

Postby Ragnarok72 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:59 am

So if ten lvl 160 players would all start their own alliance that will be the tier 1 competition? Dont think ur idea will work...
Ragnarok72

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion