Guild War suggestion

Re: Guild War suggestion

Postby HernHunter » Mon May 19, 2014 3:37 am

mistervista wrote:It might help if every good card was available in the shop at some point. I upgraded our shop to level 7 several weeks ago and in all that time nobody in the guild has seen anything better than was there at level 6. Even poor 6* cards are extremely rare. It cost tens of millions to upgrade but with no reward. What was the point? Surely at level 7, then 7* cards should appear! ?

Lvl 8 GuildShop will have a greater range of cards possible to get. It was somewhere on forum confirmed, that only demon cards will be not available. Still max will be 6* cards & no 7* cards in 8 lvl GS.

_0nyx_ wrote:I don't think 7stars even appear at lvl8guildshops, however I wouldn't mind if they made it so duplicates don't exist in the shop, like the lvl10 and lvl1 fishing fighters I have in my shop right now. Also if they made it so you can buy more than one of baby dragons or if they could appear in atleast the 4star stage(fairly rare like getting that maiden you need) and 6star aswell but be as rare as the other 6star cards to.(the same thing for the most part as being able to by more than one except not as good becuase you have to wait forever to find that 6star dragon.

There was no confirmation that lvl 8 GS will eliminate duplicate cards, so i think they will apear as on lower lvl shops. As about dragons there will be no option to buy 2 or more from 1 GS refresch. Dragons still will be only 2*.

Anyway i think it was wrong topic to start this question.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby iuwan » Mon May 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Ragnarok72 wrote:So if ten lvl 160 players would all start their own alliance that will be the tier 1 competition? Dont think ur idea will work...

10 lvl 160 player would mean tier 3, and a lvl 160 guild.
iuwan

Postby Boop » Mon May 19, 2014 6:27 pm

iuwan wrote:10 lvl 160 player would mean tier 3, and a lvl 160 guild.

You have forgot to include the 12 or 13 level 1 filler accounts in there to drop the average. Which is why I said before tiers will not work due to fixing.

There is no major issue with the Guild War system which is currently in place. It works fine, and it distinguishes the dedicated teams out there. The problem you have is that dedicated != free.

I've won many guild wars through a few different guilds, I'm not talking random garbage, I talk from experience.

You (collectively, not talking to someone specific here) don't have a problem with the same teams constantly winning, you have a problem with the fact that like minded people have banded together to form a solid team who understand winning equals financially supporting each other.

This is business. Cold hearted business.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Bigbadjohn » Tue May 20, 2014 10:38 am

The bigger issue with the Guild War I believe is the gap between the established "Panzer Owners" and those that never had the opportunity to get them.
The Horsemen are potentially good, but most newer players are going to struggle to get more than one (whereas any competent player could easily collect pairs of panzers).
I know that the access to 2xAP/HP is also key and having friends with Grim Reaper, but all other things being equal ownership of 2 or more of each panzer is going to fare better in current GW fights than having a single Horseman.
Bigbadjohn

Postby mistervista » Tue May 20, 2014 11:22 am

That's right BBJ. That falls in line with the point of my initial argument, in that players who didn't manage to get cards like that, and now will never be able to, are immediately at a disadvantage in every guild war in the future. It's not just that though, it also boils down to luck. For instance I personally have been playing this game for over 3 and a half months and have played solidly every day. I've spent quite a lot of real money, as has my wife also. I've upgraded our guild shop to level 7, which as anyone who's been playing this game for any length of time knows, is no easy feat, and yet in all that time and with a good shop level, and spending lots of gems on the gem recruits, neither of us have ever seen an HP card, Naga, Snake Spirit, Necromancer, etc. etc. Infact the best card I've ever got is a Zeus which I hardly ever get to use. I certainly never get to use it in guild wars because I can never survive 30 spins. With all the cards at my disposal the best team I can assemble has around 5000HP, and my wife's is even worse!
So do you see what I mean when I say we, and lots of other players, through no fault of our own, just pure bad luck, cannot possibly hope to compete with the top guilds whose players all have the best cards you can get? The thing is that no matter how long we carry on playing, or how much we spend, we can never hope to close the gap because the same top ten or so guilds continue to reap the best rewards every time, meaning the gap just gets wider and wider as time goes on. Hence we need some sort of rethink by Playmage to level the playing field and give the rest of us at least a fighting chance of making some headway.
I believe also that owing to how much it costs, and how long it takes, to upgrade guild shops they should certainly allow the chance of 7* cards appearing in level 7 shops and 8* cards in level 8 shops. As it is at the moment what is the point of putting in all that time, effort and cost to upgrade the guild shop for no extra reward whatsoever?
mistervista

Postby DrRickso » Tue May 20, 2014 11:57 am

IMO this can easily be solved by offering >6* cards in the gem recruits and removing the 5*'s... Or creating gem tiers (50 gems = 5*, 100 gems = 6*, 200 gems = 7*, or something like that). Sailor miles will only serve a select few, and considering the majority of the poor recruits gotten by gems, many players no longer bother trying to gem recruit at all.

Also, as I've stated before- removing panzers completely from the equation (for new players) has created a huge gap... I understand not offering the maps anymore, but since they are still used by some- why not even the playing field by offering them in gem recruits as well (however rare they are made available)? Sure it will be more difficult to level up the panzers, but at least the gap is shrunk dramatically.
DrRickso

Postby Durst » Tue May 20, 2014 12:03 pm

mistervista wrote:we can never hope to close the gap because the same top ten or so guilds continue to reap the best rewards every time, meaning the gap just gets wider and wider as time goes on. Hence we need some sort of rethink by Playmage to level the playing field and give the rest of us at least a fighting chance of making some headway.

Common misconception. Yes, the top guilds get more of the better guild war reward cards, but all of those cards are still available through individual rewards to every single guild. More importantly, most winning strategies don't require those cards. I don't think I know anyone that uses a guild war boss card in actual guild wars, and hp x 2.5 leaders are generally not as useful as the hp/atk x 2 ones which aren't available through the guild war. The top guilds do get a big gem bonus, but it's still only a tiny percentage of the amount spent in order to get up there in the first place. Those guilds aren't up there because of the system, hangin' out like the American 1%. They're there because they dump cash.

mistervista wrote:I believe also that owing to how much it costs, and how long it takes, to upgrade guild shops they should certainly allow the chance of 7* cards appearing in level 7 shops and 8* cards in level 8 shops. As it is at the moment what is the point of putting in all that time, effort and cost to upgrade the guild shop for no extra reward whatsoever?

Where did you get the idea that a guild shop upgrade would have no purpose? The rate of 6* cards increases, and more types of 6* become available. 7* cards are rare precisely because they are only achievable through special dungeons, guild wars, and the evolution of already-rare 6*'s. 8*'s are only available through evolution. I presume both of those trends are intentional, and honestly I think the rarest cards in the game should remain just that: rare.
Durst

Postby Boop » Tue May 20, 2014 6:40 pm

BBJ - Sometimes I forget that the Panzer gap exists. I'll actually accept that as a partial reason. But in regards to Reaper, I disagree. Reaper is an awful tactic that can stay in yesteryears first Guild War when we didn't actually understand the game well enough. (But I admit it was an effective gamble till we figured the game out)

Durst - The funny part about the 1% analogy you used is the cash flow between the 1% in real life and in the top guilds. I'm not sure if we should laugh or cry. Either way, it is what it is.

mrvista - All this time to not get HP cards or a x2 leader is rough. :( You'll get there eventually. I probably get a HP card from my Guild Shop once a fortnight or so. Also, if the Guild Shop started spurting out 7*/8* cards, how would this game survive? We all want things for free, that's cool, but if it's all free where does the game go? There needs to be an element of financial support or the game actually dies (more than it currently has).
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Durst » Tue May 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Boop wrote:Durst - The funny part about the 1% analogy you used is the cash flow between the 1% in real life and in the top guilds. I'm not sure if we should laugh or cry. Either way, it is what it is.

I had a similar reaction while typing it; an odd mix of wry mirth and soul-strangling ennui :(
Durst

Postby mistervista » Wed May 21, 2014 2:16 am

Boop wrote:mrvista - All this time to not get HP cards or a x2 leader is rough. :( You'll get there eventually. I probably get a HP card from my Guild Shop once a fortnight or so. Also, if the Guild Shop started spurting out 7*/8* cards, how would this game survive? We all want things for free, that's cool, but if it's all free where does the game go? There needs to be an element of financial support or the game actually dies (more than it currently has).

An ' element ' of financial support I could understand but you could pump thousands of pounds into this game and still end up with nothing but crap. There's a big difference between 'random' and 'rigged to fail'. The gem recruit for instance, which I refuse to use anymore, is abyssmal. This is a GAME, it's meant to be FUN, but as it is now it's just a massive CHORE and a BORE.
mistervista

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion