Help with Chapter 5 and 6

Help with Chapter 5 and 6

Postby mefa » Tue May 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi players,

I have cleared all Chapter 5 and some Chapter 6 but all I have got are brown chests.

I use 5 bet and sometimes I hit when I feel the game is very slow. I usually get 5th or (8th in the case of drop x 1.5) during last wave, however everything is brown.

I wonder if the gold chest rate is low so I have to repeat and repeat or my team is relatively weak?

Please advice.
mefa

Re: Help with Chapter 5 and 6

Postby DrRickso » Tue May 20, 2014 1:28 pm

just low drop rates, mefa... drops have nothing to do with your team strength
DrRickso

Postby mefa » Mon May 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks Dr, however, it is obvious that a weak team, makes the game very slow and gives more brown chest rate.

Also, very strong or spin21 gives a limited number of chests, but more than that I dont know
mefa

Postby pmsupport » Mon May 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi mefa, the strength of your battle team will not affect the drop rate of golden chests or give more brown chests. Whether you will get any chests during the next spin or whether the chest is brown or golden are only related to their drop rate.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby mefa » Wed May 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks support, now to clarify could you please answer this question:

" If a level is divided into 5, 7 or 10 waves, is the drop rate and the maximum number of chest drops are equal during each waves? "

Let say, I have a relatively weak team and get maximum (assume 5+1 chests) from that level.

On the other hand, I have a very strong team and sweep very quickly all the initial waves without receiving any chest but it takes some time to kill high HP boss(es) at the last wave. Is it possible again to get maximum 5 chests in the last wave or there is a limited number of chests to be dropped at the last wave?

To be honest with you, I barely remember getting a "gold chest" in the last wave of in many levels.
mefa

Postby Durst » Wed May 28, 2014 3:56 pm

For chapters 3 and up, every single level has a maximum of 5+1 chests. Never less. It will be 8+1 if the area is marked with a "drop rate x1.5" notation. Those numbers are static and do not change for any situation. You either get 5+1 or 8+1. It doesn't matter how you go through the level or what team you use or how long you wait on the last wave or how quickly you get there. If you enter the stage without the "drop rate x1.5" notation, you will get 5+1 chests. If the notation is there, you'll get 8+1.

Which chests you get (brown vs. gold) is determined at the beginning of the level, as soon as you enter it. The game decides how many chests will be brown and how many gold, and all you have to do is keep spinning the wheel until all the chests show up. Assuming you enter during a 5+1 section, the game might decide that you are going to get 4 brown chests and a gold chest, plus another brown from the boss. In all likelihood, you will relatively quickly pick up 4 brown chests, then spend a while spinning your wheels until the gold shows up (unless you kill the boss too quickly, losing the gold chest). You get a brown one at the end regardless of whether you get the gold one from the spins or kill the boss too quickly and miss it.

Bosses can drop gold chests. I think all bosses can. However I strongly believe that gold chests from bosses on any stage other than exp sea dragon levels are significantly rarer than gold chests from spins. It certainly happens--just not very often, as far as I can tell from my talks with other players. On average, they should be about a fifth as common as regular gold chests. I and a few friends have experienced drastically lower odds everywhere but on the sea dragon maps. But it could just be luck.

One last note: gold chests get rarer as you move up the chapters. In the early chapters, it's quite possible (even probable) to get all four card types (two from brown chests, two from gold) in your first run of a stage, earning you the bonus. I've found that in chapter six, I can run a stage with the 1.5x drop bonus a dozen times without getting a single golden chest. I'm not saying that's broken--just to be prepared to have to work for your upper-level bonus cards.
Durst

Postby pmsupport » Wed May 28, 2014 8:45 pm

mefa wrote:" If a level is divided into 5, 7 or 10 waves, is the drop rate and the maximum number of chest drops are equal during each waves? "

Yes. Because the drop rate is random.

mefa wrote:Let say, I have a relatively weak team and get maximum (assume 5+1 chests) from that level.
On the other hand, I have a very strong team and sweep very quickly all the initial waves without receiving any chest but it takes some time to kill high HP boss(es) at the last wave. Is it possible again to get maximum 5 chests in the last wave or there is a limited number of chests to be dropped at the last wave?

Yes, it's possible.The max chest drop number does not apply to waves, but the whole stage. There is no max chest drop number for each wave.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Return to Dragon Era Discussion