Normal Dragons, really useful?

Normal Dragons, really useful?

Postby mefa » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:45 am

After 5 months of constant effort, I evolved my 6* sea dragons to get a 7* Ultimate sea!

By constant effort, I mean getting most of dragons in the levels (as the prize to complete those chapter levels) , buying any baby dragon in the shop and drudgery efforts to level them up to 20, preparing all the material required for all evolutions (getting a few 4* dragons through gem recruit was sad but at least helpful in this process!)

Anyways, after this much of pain and patience, the only good side is the low CP (command point).

They are lot weaker to almost any card in the same star level.
For example, you have to wait 25 turns to get the shoot around 25K much weaker compared to a 7* panzer, around 30K every 9 turn. (Even 6* demon shooter may be preferred over a 7* dragon in many cases)

Also no hope for leveling their skill up with the high rarity of 5* styrs (I haven't seen even a skill level 2 out 16 yet!)

But the most painful of all, since beginning of the game, my 4* dragon was not my best card... by the time I evolved it to 5*, I had much better 5* cards and this dragon almost never fit in my teams. The same story for 6* and now that I have evolve it to 7*, I already have 2 panzers, 3 apocalypses and my 7* HP, Warrior queen, Priestess of Light and m other 7* cards more favorable.

And lastly, they are not good even in Arena!

Please share your thoughts and experiences around these normal dragons, this also could be beneficial to new player who may want to the trade off between the time and effort they may want to put for dragons.

I hope that, playmage (design team) create better and more efficient ways to level the skill of these dragons.
Last edited by mefa on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mefa

Re: Normal Dragons, really useful?

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:50 am

Just forget about Panzers. They didn't exist) It was mistake to add such powerful creatures to the game and it was corrected. (albeit it was done too late)

So start comparing dragons to other cards - like Horsemen, Gods and other 8*.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby mefa » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:55 am

Midas wrote:Just forget about Panzers. They didn't exist) It was mistake to add such powerful creatures to the game and it was corrected. (albeit it was done too late)

So start comparing dragons to other cards - like Horsemen, Gods and other 8*.

Dear Midas! you have mentioned this note following any post that I have sent in this regard!!

If you go back and read my post again, I have done this comparison to the best of my knowledge!

So could you please stop spamming this and share your experiences about normal dragons if you want to?

Thank you in advance!
mefa

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:00 am

And did you read all your questions to PM with "hidden nerf to drop"?)
They all have same answers, but it didn't stop you from asking again and again.

In your post I see that you again mentioned panzer:

you have to wait 25 turns to get the shoot around 25K much weaker compared to a 7* panzer,

so small reminder about their fate won't be bad)

P.S. 8* dragons hit hard, so they can have their place after you will level skill. Until when - not much of use, only ass fillers in high-cost CP team.
Midas

Postby mefa » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:33 am

Midas wrote:And did you read all your questions to PM with "hidden nerf to drop"?)
They all have same answers, but it didn't stop you from asking again and again.

In your post I see that you again mentioned panzer:

you have to wait 25 turns to get the shoot around 25K much weaker compared to a 7* panzer,

so small reminder about their fate won't be bad)

P.S. 8* dragons hit hard, so they can have their place after you will level skill. Until when - not much of use, only ass fillers in high-cost CP team.

Midas! thanks again for at least briefly sharing your experience.

Please note that dragons cannot be easily compared with any other cards but panzers.

1-How do you want to compare a healer or an HP card with a panzer?
2-A 6* shooter is a demon and attacks to a single target, how do you want to compare it with a balanced dragon?
3-God balance cards such as Gabriel have a totally different active/passive skills and cannot be compared to a dragon.
4-Even human-balance cards such as Gaea, Athena etc have a totally different use than a dragon as they shoot to a specific color.

The only set of cards which are dragon-balance and have skills very similar to dragons are panzers. Therefore, a fair comparison can be made.

Ok, you repeated many many times and all of us already knew that panzers are gone hopefully not permanently.

My whole point is that dragons are really weak, even a 8* dragon is much less useful than a 7* panzer and with the current set-up it is near to impossible to level their skill up. they could be a good unique card and still weaker than panzers but not fair to be so weak with a huge gap, understand?

My post is also to inform new players to don't waste their time and energy for cards that are almost useless.

Also, It is a very fair discussion/request to ask developer to fix this.

Maybe, you don't care as you already have all the panzers, some leveled up or even you want to be much superior over any newer player? none of them are fair!
mefa

Postby mistervista » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 am

I agree mefa. I've been trying to level up my 4* Earth dragon for almost 4 months and only just got it to 5*. I never use it in a team though because it's useless. I was hoping that it would become the best card in the game when fully evolved, not an unreasonable assumption in a game called 'Dragon Era', but it seems that's not the case. I think now I'll stop wasting my time, coins and materials on trying to keep evolving 2* Dragons in the hope of eventually getting an 8* one in around 2 years time!
Thanks for letting me know how useless they are before I wasted any more. I'll concentrate on something else from now on. I think Playmage need to introduce another card that can match the panzer, so those of us without one have a chance of getting something just as good in future.
mistervista

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:40 am

But back to topic - advantage of dragons (low CP cost) isn't useful at time when you will be able to get one. (150+)

Current meta require team with 1-2 HP cards and their low CP cost allow you to forget about CP limit.
If team like heal, Zeus, Thetis, Death and Water Dragon were viable - CP limitation may have value here.
But now you mostly play with heal, 2 x hp, 2 x damager - and 17 CP cost of HP cards allow you to take any combination of 8* cards as damagers.

Also other 8* have 2.3-2.4k HP and comparing with dragons (1.2-1.3k) it lowers your survivability.
But on other hand dragons have high damage output - only 8* Hecate have more stable damage (30k of defense ignoring dark damage) and 8* Necro have 7.4k poison damage per turn. All other 8* don't have stable damage skills.

So in the end - you trade attack to defense, switching from dragons to other 8*
Midas

Postby mefa » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:43 am

mistervista wrote:I agree mefa. I've been trying to level up my 4* Earth dragon for almost 4 months and only just got it to 5*. I never use it in a team though because it's useless. I was hoping that it would become the best card in the game when fully evolved, not an unreasonable assumption in a game called 'Dragon Era', but it seems that's not the case. I think now I'll stop wasting my time, coins and materials on trying to keep evolving 2* Dragons in the hope of eventually getting an 8* one in around 2 years time!
Thanks for letting me know how useless they are before I wasted any more. I'll concentrate on something else from now on. I think Playmage need to introduce another card that can match the panzer, so those of us without one have a chance of getting something just as good in future.

You'r welcome mistervista, playmage is very good on applying customers feedbacks from what I have seen so far.

I am hoping that they improve dragons somehow.

Honestly, I am very positive that they make leveling dragons more practical which somehow reduces the gap between panzers and dragons to a fair level.

Any supportive feedback from you guys will be very effective to convince playmage for this improvement.
mefa

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 am

mefa wrote:1-How do you want to compare a healer or an HP card with a panzer?
2-A 6* shooter is a demon and attacks to a single target, how do you want to compare it with a balanced dragon?
3-God balance cards such as Gabriel have a totally different active/passive skills and cannot be compared to a dragon.
4-Even human-balance cards such as Gaea, Athena etc have a totally different use than a dragon as they shoot to a specific color.

The only set of cards which are dragon-balance and have skills very similar to dragons are panzers. Therefore, a fair comparison can be made.

And why you want to compare different type of cards? 0_0 You just don't do it)
Remember - panzers doesn't exist anymore. So let's compare with cards that you can get now. (as I did in previous post)

Result - 8* dragons almost only source of damage in high play. Only Hecate, Necromancer and Riders have higher damage output. All other 8* have limited element usability or some kind of indirect damage like Zeus.

Conclusion - you will want to have 8* Dragons of all colors, because it's only source of all element's damage. If you won't level them - around level 150+ you will be fighting with same Medusa\Succubi\Vampire. And dragons have more hp\attack with lower cooldown comparing to them.

I don't say that dragons are extremely good.
I'm saying that they are only option now to have high damage in latest stages of game.

P.S. And if you drop evolving them now - you will regret this later)

P.P.S. Also Dragons only source of damage that you can buy from Guild Shop, except 8* Hecate.
Midas

Postby HernHunter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Midas wrote:(...) But on other hand dragons have high damage output - only 8* Hecate have more stable damage (30k of defense ignoring dark damage) and 8* Necro have 7.4k poison damage per turn. All other 8* don't have stable damage skills. (...)

Like Hecate also demon cards with 8* have fixed on 30k defense ignoring damage: Lilith for water, Reaper for fire, Cyclops for earth, Gabriel for light & Demon for dark.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion