Normal Dragons, really useful?

Re: Normal Dragons, really useful?

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Yeah, forgot about them. But as offset they have lower HP. And also they are gem only)
I'm not sure that is easier to get - 8* Gabriel or 8* Dragon.

Also skill of dragons can be evolved with enough patience. But skill of 8* Gabriel is really out of reach.
This means that in long run dragons will be more powerful.

From my point of view 8* dragons should have more HP, because 1.3k is really low for 8* Balance card. Compare to 8* Necro or Catalina or any God with 2.4-2.5k
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby _0nyx_ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:18 am

I wanted to try and raise my fire dragons skill 5lvls but after 12runs on difficult and 18gold chests I did not even get one 4star fire satyr let making even one 5star. So raising the skill seems out of the question, but I'd like to here some veterans opinions about farming insane for satyrs to skill lvl your Dragon.

I don't even have enough energy to run Hell, and the only reason I have a 6star fire Dragon is because of my horrible luck in gem draws 5 out of 7 being 4star fire drags, yeah I started with a water dragon. The other two draws were 5star light satyrs. Looks like I am being forcibly moved on to the time consuming task of gathering 500gems for 11card draws. I earned all of those gems through last guild war, arena, area 100%clear bonus, 30days played bonus, and tapjoy.
_0nyx_

Postby Ragnarok72 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 am

My thoughts considering dragons: Recently started buying the 2* drags in the shop, most elements are at 5* star now. I just consider it a fun side-activity to raise them as big as I can. It ain't my main goal to make an invincable card or such so havent really bothered about farming satyrs.

Admin alrdy stated that drop rates on insane -only place to get 5* satyrs- are only slightly higher than panzer drop rates. Consider u'd need three times as much satyrs as u needed panzers for a maxed skill lvl, I dont think it is even possible to get there -after all how many people have maxed out panzers :p-

Just dont put your hopes on a dragon as ur future strongest card, and u will be able to enjoy raising one much more!
Ragnarok72

Postby Boop » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:26 pm

If everything were so easy then we'd have nothing to achieve. I don't see why everyone keeps wanting the easy way out. Real men do it tough. Take off your girl pants and get on with the job.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby mefa » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Boop wrote:If everything were so easy then we'd have nothing to achieve. I don't see why everyone keeps wanting the easy way out. Real men do it tough. Take off your girl pants and get on with the job.

No matter what admin told, with current styr rarity it is not practical to skill up a dragon.

Aren't u one of those selfish who already have panzers and want though for others?

Otherwise, let us know how many dragon and styr have you earned with your boy's pant so far?
mefa

Postby mefa » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 pm

_0nyx_ wrote:I wanted to try and raise my fire dragons skill 5lvls but after 12runs on difficult and 18gold chests I did not even get one 4star fire satyr let making even one 5star. So raising the skill seems out of the question, but I'd like to here some veterans opinions about farming insane for satyrs to skill lvl your Dragon.

I don't even have enough energy to run Hell, and the only reason I have a 6star fire Dragon is because of my horrible luck in gem draws 5 out of 7 being 4star fire drags, yeah I started with a water dragon. The other two draws were 5star light satyrs. Looks like I am being forcibly moved on to the time consuming task of gathering 500gems for 11card draws. I earned all of those gems through last guild war, arena, area 100%clear bonus, 30days played bonus, and tapjoy.

Oh My GOD for both 12 turn of try on difficult and for what you got in return for your gems and how hard you earned your gems!

After 4 or 5 times of trying insane and getting nothing, I found that looking for styr in the new dungeon is a waste of time. The problem comes from the fact that even a golden chest is most probably a fairy not a styr.

I need another HP card to be able to try hell, however my goal is more number of apocalypse not styr. The drop rate for styr is absolutely useless. It seems that the developers after being careless to easily give away panzers now become super conservative for styr!
mefa

Postby Boop » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:30 pm

mefa wrote:Otherwise, let us know how many dragon and styr have you earned with your boy's pant so far?

We all have our own goals, mine do not involve Dragons or 'Styrs'. I'm trying to max out a Succubus Queen. So, let's calculate that.

Assuming I get 0 failures (which is not going to happen), I need the following.
(15x6) x2 = 180 Succubus
Which equates to 360 required golden corals to evolve.

That is considerably harder than your 'Styr' project because Succubus can not be farmed at all.

So do I whinge? Do I complain? No.

I put my boy pants on and get on with the job.
Boop

Postby Durst » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Mefa, PM has said multiple times that the panzers were overpowered and that they needed to be removed from the game because they broke it. The idea is that they STOP giving out cards with that much power, not find a replacement. If they were willing to create a replacement, they wouldn't have needed to remove the panzers in the first place.

Many of the newer players, myself included, feel that a better decision could have been made; regardless, PM has stayed strong on this issue and shown no signs of buckling. While I agree the top level dragons need a buff (preferably hp, as Midas suggested, but virtually anything to make them more notable would do), the developers don't want to create a new set of panzers. If they change the dragons, it will not be for a long time. They'll want to think about it and playtest to make sure before they do anything to close the gap between panzers and dragons.

Since satyrs (there's an "A" in there--satyrs, not styrs) were designed to help buff up those dragons, don't expect them to be easy to come by or for PM to change them anytime soon either. I get that you're upset, but repeatedly posting the same complaints and then getting mad at Midas for giving you the same response does no one any good.
Durst

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:15 am

Boop wrote:
mefa wrote:Otherwise, let us know how many dragon and styr have you earned with your boy's pant so far?

We all have our own goals, mine do not involve Dragons or 'Styrs'. I'm trying to max out a Succubus Queen. So, let's calculate that.

Assuming I get 0 failures (which is not going to happen), I need the following.
(15x6) x2 = 180 Succubus
Which equates to 360 required golden corals to evolve.

That is considerably harder than your 'Styr' project because Succubus can not be farmed at all.

So do I whinge? Do I complain? No.

I put my boy pants on and get on with the job.

Yea, I regret not putting more effort in skill lvling my hitters, what lvl are u at bro?

In addition to the HP of dragons: most 7* balanced type cards (necro/zeus/andromeda :p) alrdy have more hp...
Ragnarok72

Postby Boop » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 am

Rag. 4/15 mate. It's a long grind.
Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion