Suggestion for skill level - ups in the shop

Suggestion for skill level - ups in the shop

Postby mistervista » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:04 am

Dear Playmage :-), Could you please look into putting some sort of 'skill level up' item in the shop in a future update?
At present I find it totally impossible to get skill levels up on any of the decent cards I have. Most of mine are fully levelled already with no skill level increase whatsoever as I didn't even know how it was done, but even if I had known it wouldn't have mattered because getting the cards to increase skill levels is nigh on impossible anyway. For instance I managed to finally get a Pestilence and a War card after many attempts, fails and revive potions on insane mode. However I had no idea at all on how to increase it's skills so just strengthened them up using jewel dragons, which is what I do with all my cards.
Even with normal dragons, getting 5* satyrs for skill levelling would take forever. I've been trying since those maps started and only managed to get 2 which is pathetic. The skill levelling system is just way too laborious and boring.
How about introducing a shop item which, for example increases the skill level of any card so we could choose which to use it on, and make it like the potions so we can buy multiple if we have the funds. What would also be good would be the ability to increase skill levels of cards that are already at maximum strength.
Thoughts anyone?
mistervista

Re: Suggestion for skill level - ups in the shop

Postby mee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Max strength cards can still be skilled up. Skilling up was meant to be difficult, so chances of a universal skill up card will not happen.
mee

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:04 pm

With such item there won't be any difference between leveling Cyclops (Ultra rage gem only card) and some 2* Golem. And this is bad design.
Introducing different items for leveling different kind of cards - it's very complicated task. You need to divide cards into groups, add many items into shop rotation. Thus adding more complexity into game.

But you already can't understand how to increase card level. Are you sure game need to became more complex?)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby mistervista » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Midas wrote:With such item there won't be any difference between leveling Cyclops (Ultra rage gem only card) and some 2* Golem. And this is bad design.
Introducing different items for leveling different kind of cards - it's very complicated task. You need to divide cards into groups, add many items into shop rotation. Thus adding more complexity into game.

But you already can't understand how to increase card level. Are you sure game need to became more complex?)

No Midas, it couldn't be simpler. If you read my post again you will realise I said 'a shop item', meaning one single item that could be used for skill levelling any of your cards. That way it would require minimal effort for the developers to implement. It couldn't be easier. It certainly wouldn't diminish the game either because we have to wait months for the decent items to actually appear in the shop anyway!
mistervista

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Did you read first part of my message? That such single item erase all difference in between leveling skill of 8* Cyclops and 2* Golem?

Raising level of skill designed to be insanely difficult. It's part of late game - things to do for players that have level 150+ and full deck of cards.
Also it's sink for duplicate cards that you will accumulate using many-many gem recruits.

Your suggestion will destroy both this game mechanics.
Midas

Postby mistervista » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Oh, sorry Midas, my mistake. I didn't realise skill levelling was meant to be impossible until we'd achieved everything else in the game and obtained every worthwhile card there was, thereby making skill levelling totally pointless. I was under the misguided illusion that the idea was to try and skill level up as high as possible in order to make progression through the game a tiny bit more manageable and a bit more fun.
Please excuse me for my utter stupidity.
mistervista

Postby Midas » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:59 pm

And one more fact - if PM will add such item, then I will be able to make all my panzer dragons 5\5.

Will you be happy as same as me?)

With current leveling system PM can control difficulty of skill level ups for different cards by maintaining how hard is to obtain such cards.
Item from shop will broke it, because one item to level them all - it's bad idea.
Midas

Postby Ragnarok72 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:10 pm

Although I'd love such an item, I agree with Midas that it would destroy the game's mechanics.. In addition, u probably have not yet the funds to buy multiple 6* cards, but once above level 150 most players would have so many guild points they'd immediately skill lvl several cards to their maximum... (Or the cost should be insanely high, like 200.000 guild pts or more)
Ragnarok72

Postby mee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:26 pm

"Ragnarok72"]Although I'd love such an item, I agree with Midas that it would destroy the game's mechanics.. In addition, u probably have not yet the funds to buy multiple 6* cards, but once above level 150 most players would have so many guild points they'd immediately skill lvl several cards to their maximum... (Or the cost should be insanely high, like 200.000 guild pts or more)

200k for one skill up possibility card lmao, -1 on that. Your talking over 100 bucks per skill card. Not to mention i doubt they would be greater than 15 percent chance. Final point this has been brought up before, and i believe we got the jewel dragons as a compromise if I'm not mistaken.
mee

Postby mistervista » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:40 pm

But jewel dragons have no effect at all on skill levels do they? They are solely for xp bonus and nothing else.
mistervista

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion