6 months in...

Re: 6 months in...

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:26 pm

So you probably didn't draw many gem recruits?

It's extremely hard to progress without spending at least some $$$. The noobs that past you probably spent money.

I did three rounds of gem recruits, the first round I was able to build a mono blue deck with Poseidon. This lasted for a little while.
Next gem recruits I was able to get a Necro and Hecate and built a mono dark team. This also only lasted for a little while.
My third and final round of draws I was able to get some hp cards, I now have the flexibility to run any dungeon so I should be able to complete the game.

I've been playing for about a month but I don't have the patience to wait for guild shop.

I did draw white healer at the start.

I think the game is fair IMO I have good cards and only spent about 1000 gems to get where I'm at.

That being said, I would never have continued with the game from the beginning had I not got a healer off the bat, it makes no sense to struggle with inferior cards when you could simply just reroll.
Benjamin

Postby Crtmn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:13 pm

I'm about six months in as well, but I guess I've had better fortune. Did not buy any gems but managed to get two holy maidens and two HP cards from guild shop. Waiting on next gem bonus day to draw 11x gem recruit which is next Sunday for me.
Crtmn

Postby Boop » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Everyone who keeps saying to go for white healer or reroll is kind of wrong. Your friends list is like 60% white healer at any point in time. Yes, it's a super amazing card. Yes, it makes life easy. But no, it is not critical. I didn't start with one, and I'm leaps ahead of some who did.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Midas » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:46 am

It really depends on how many gem recruit you will have and how often check guild shop.
For more casual players it's better to start with healer card.

Also having own healer give more flexibility to team. If you get non-healer card from first recruit - you will use it as leader for long time, limiting your progress.

But yes, for player who will play aggressive it's better to start with other cards.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby ZOOT » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:10 am

Boop wrote:Everyone who keeps saying to go for white healer or reroll is kind of wrong. Your friends list is like 60% white healer at any point in time. Yes, it's a super amazing card. Yes, it makes life easy. But no, it is not critical. I didn't start with one, and I'm leaps ahead of some who did.

But if you have a white healer. You can combo with different other friends
If you use a friend white healer. You have to own other Good card!!

Thats why it is better to use own white healer instead of friends white healer
ZOOT

Postby Durst » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:17 pm

I'm with boop on this one but for different reasons. I don't think it's that difficult to build a holy priestess. I too started with another card, and while it hampered my progress a little early on, it wasn't too hard to build all five of the maidens. The 4- and 5-star maidens show up in the shop a lot, and they're not even expensive. I agree with midas's point that someone who doesn't play or check in very often will be better served by a holy priestess, but that's not really the point of this thread.

I would argue that the best starting cards are poseidon, agni, and the other minor gods. They can't be picked up through the shop (IIRC), no matter how religiously you check, and they are powerful both at the beginning and in the late-game. Building your own priestess or saintess isn't that tough--getting a minor god can be.
Durst

Postby ZOOT » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:56 am

admin wrote:
Ragnarok72 wrote:
ZOOT wrote:Also problem for me is in europe you pay way way way to much for gems then other places!!!

+1

I think that is because Apple pre-includes a big premium in the Europe store pricing to compensate for the VAT that they now need to pay according to rate of each country (and then round off to some nice looking number). While in the US pricing may look much cheaper in comparison, US players pay extra sales tax on top of that amount at checkout time (though it's lower than most VAT). We have no control how Apple's premium conversion rate for different regions, but it's also not really their fault that the local government now wants a bigger cut. I believe Google Play is more consistent with all their stores pricing don't pre-include the tax amount, so you will find their listed price across different regions roughly same as US store pricing.

Then make the Gems cheaper!!

If its cheaper i will buy more!!
ZOOT

Postby Niobiumstar » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Im a level 64 player that has been playing casually for the last six months. For the starter draw, I received a Star 6 Queen Persephone. This was a great asset to my team, with comparatively high HP, attack and recovery. This also allowed me to complete Holy levels like a breeze. I have had a crap gem recruit record, having not yet drawn a single 6 star and getting crap star 5's and 4's. I have started my own guild a few months ago (Starclan) and I feel that the guild shop needs improving. I only just got enough light/holy maidens to get the white healer. This has been disappointing, as with the recent apocalypse maps I havent even been able to get past the first level in Insane mode. I have got only 5 star 6 cards, being my Queen 0) Persephone, High Priestess, Holy Priestess, Floral Saintess and Medusa The Jealous. This hasn't allowed me to progress very quickly through the game. :cry:

Oh well.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
Niobiumstar

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion