Potions

Potions

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:30 am

The new content is now only doable by using revive potions or an insane amount of luck... Both revive and energy potions are priced well, so those aren't of any concern. Was just fooling around with some uncommon team setups when I came up with an idea which would not only solve the problem of insolvable lvls, but also add a complete new strategic dimension to our current gameplay: additional potions. Priced the same way as the energy and revive pots (both by real money and in guild shop)

Here's my three suggestions:
- HP potion: +30% HP
- Atack potion: +30% Attack
- Recovery potion: recovery power x2

Only one potion can be used per stage. U will be able to select them in the interface where u can see ur final team (after u've selected ur friend helper)

The potions will apply to all of ur team's cards seperately before the guild lab bonuses apply to ur whole team. In my opinion this would add an enormous strategic playing field: 'when to use it, when not?' Using all three together, or is one sufficient?'

Revive potions will still work the same way, as with these potions u're not guaranteed to finish a lvl, but after dying (and using a revive potion) the potions' effects will still apply to ur team.

In order to keep Guild Wars fair to everyone, these potions will not be available on the Guild War bosses...
Ragnarok72

Re: Potions

Postby Midas » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:48 am

So, this potions will be usable only for RB and Horseman maps? Because other places easily solvable without such potions.
Why we need to add such limited mechanics?

Also 2x recovery means that we will heal for 8k per turn?
Apocalypse Hell will be easy like a breeze with it) Yeah, Death 5\5 here we come!

P.S. When people will think about their suggestions first? Check how it will affect gameplay, mechanics and etc.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:07 am

Yes Midas. But would there be much difference in using revive potions? Every lvl is already solvable with them. This might limit the amount of potions required when used well, and will give u a better feeling as u didnt need to revive. Figuring out a team to beat a lvl is more fun in my opinion than finding the best 'lose-strategy'..

Also it's quite short-sighted to disagree on a simple value, obviously lowering the effect to 1.5x is quite simple. Isnt The design team there to test and implement them at the right values? When do people start thinking about their quick replies? :p

Ps. Im not able to solve chapter 7 without revives. Although my card deck is probably more limited than yours, I'd love a private message how to beat chap7 with a no-revive guarantee :)
Ragnarok72

Postby yutyu » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:43 am

You might be right, but of course tuning down your multiplier and percentages so game can remain challenging at the same time.
This can also prevent any Tom, Dick and Harry to beat Hell Apocalyse with a Holy Priestess and a HP card.

This game needs more contents badly so I'll take anything Playmage throws at me.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby slacks » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:07 am

It was nice seeing the last group of 8* cards released. I'm curious if the difficult levels are just a litmus test before they introduce 8* HP cards.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby hellotik » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 am

If there are such potions in the future, I believe the coming maps will require you to use all these potions so that you can clear the map with reasonable number of revives :P
hellotik

Postby Durst » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:49 pm

hellotik wrote:If there are such potions in the future, I believe the coming maps will require you to use all these potions so that you can clear the map with reasonable number of revives :P

Unfortunately I agree with hellotik. I feel like these potions are a good idea, but eventually they, like revives, would just be relegated to required purchases for successful gaming. Not something I want.

Durst

Return to Dragon Era Discussion