Arena rewards could use a buff...

Arena rewards could use a buff...

Postby Jorge » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:49 am

I have the feeling that for middle players like me (with around 2-4 six star cards) there's no point pushing for more than 80th-90th ish ranking because the amount of time required to reach the revive potion rank just doesn't cut it. Plus, you might not even make it unless you have lots of arena tickets. Moreover, the amount time you spend to reach a 1000 pal points rank, it's the time it requires to grind around 20-25 cards from quests (the latter consumes energy but the former consumes arena tickets, which are gone forever). That's at least 4x the amount of exp points you'll get from 1000 pal points (although on the other hand pp can drop some interesting cards like satyrs and dragons, but still). Maybe something can be done about this, just for the sake of balancing things around. Having said that, I usually play arena to get those 1000 pal points because it's more fun than grinding quests, so maybe there's a cost for being more enjoyable.

If anything, it would be nice to establish another reward gap between the 1000 pal points and the revives. Just something as straightforward as 2500 pal points for ranks between 30 and 50 or 30 and 60 would be neat as it will provide a nice amount of strengthening material. Players that rank between 30 and 50/60 could get 2500 PP or 1000 PP + 1 revive/energy potion. Maybe ranks 11 to 30 could be buffed too, such as something like 1 potion + 10 gems for 21-30, 2 potions + 20 gems for 11-20. And, to keep things consistent, maybe ranks 6-10 could get 30 gems+3 potions, ranks 3-5 40 gems + 4 potions and rank 2 50 gems + 5 potions. Or, if you don't want to give gems for ranks 11-30, maybe give a good share of pal point (i.e. ~2500) along with the 2/3 potions. As I said, right now I see no point trying to go for ranks above 30, since above rank 10 seems to be outisde of my possibilities, and a couple of potions just doesn't cut it imo. I also have the feeling that the highest tier players (aka the players with the best cards) just won't value 2 potions or 10 gems as much despite having access to them with a lot of arena grinding.

Maybe others will dissagree with me on all of this, but after all this is just a personal opinion and I don't think I'm suggesting to buff the rewards to ridiculous levels anyway. Thanks for reading.

P.S.: I hardly played arena while I was allowed in tier 1 (i'm around level 65-70 now), so I'm not sure if these sugguestions would fit that tier, but at least there would be nice welcomes to tiers 2 and 3 in my opinion.
Jorge

Re: Arena rewards could use a buff...

Postby Boop » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:27 pm

The rewards are acceptable. There are premium items up for grabs for no cost. I don't see why there should be more prizes. Constantly giving out too much free things ruins the need for premium items. If people don't buy things now and then, the game folds.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Return to Dragon Era Discussion