Weaken armour cards - What's the point ?

Weaken armour cards - What's the point ?

Postby mistervista » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:14 am

Does anyone actually use the Thunderbolt Kraken or Parrot Navigator? I've tried both of them in different team setups many times because a friend recommended them but they have never worked once! I kept a close eye on the damage various cards were dealing before and after using either of these 'weaken armour' cards and it was exactly the same every time.
If they don't work then what is the point of them even being in the game in the first place?
mistervista

Re: Weaken armour cards - What's the point ?

Postby Jorge » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:51 am

They halve the defense of the enemy, so will only make an impact as long as the enemy has a very high defense (armor), like the jewel dragons. If for example one enemy requires 20000 points of damage before you are able to do anything to it at all, the weaken armor effect will change that number to 10000. For example an attack power of 15000 would hit for no damage in the first case but will cause 5000 points of damage after weaken armor has been activated.
Jorge

Postby mistervista » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:51 am

Oh I see, thanks.
It would help if armour info was displayed on screen so we didn't have to try and figure out this sort of stuff.
mistervista

Postby yutyu » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:34 pm

mistervista wrote:Oh I see, thanks.
It would help if armour info was displayed on screen so we didn't have to try and figure out this sort of stuff.

It's really easy to find out, you just need to use elemental attacks of the same type (this ensures no elemental bonus or damage reduction)
When your reel matches an attack combination, the attack numbers (A) hovers on your card and attacks monster for a displayed damage (B)
Defense = Attack Number(A) - Damage Dealt(B)
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby Boop » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:31 pm

These cards would be useful in limited circumstances. The only one that really comes to mind is something like:

Boss has low hp, but extremely high armour, and if you were to fail 1 shotting it you would die. So by lowering its armour you can get the kill before it kills you.

The above is only useful however if you were to actually die. Otherwise poison would be the better way of dealing with the situation.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Return to Dragon Era Discussion