petition to change 8* dragons to great damage

Re: petition to change 8* dragons to great damage

Postby mistervista » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:14 pm

ZOOT wrote:What i hate about this discussion is newer player have to shut there mouth about PANZERS!

but if a newer player ask for help to beat a Harder level i always see use this use that (always include a PANZER)

so if newer players have to shut up please dontgive advice that include PANZERS!!!!

Exactly. Well said.
mistervista

Postby admin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:43 pm

ZOOT wrote:What i hate about this discussion is newer player have to shut there mouth about PANZERS!

but if a newer player ask for help to beat a Harder level i always see use this use that (always include a PANZER)

so if newer players have to shut up please dontgive advice that include PANZERS!!!!

Perhaps the next time someone provides a solution that includes card you can no longer obtain, just kindly ask them how you can defeat the level if you don't have Panzers. Being given useful and relevant advice by other players is a privilege, not a right that you can demand for. All players are free to share their advice and responses, and if you disagree then reply kindly but don't escalate with aggressiveness.

On the topic, Panzsers are overpowered time-limited cards introduced too early and should have been taken out of rotation much earlier. As all of the time-limited bosses that goes out of rotation, we have no intention of bring them back in the near future as time-limited bosses again (but possibly as high rewards), nor are we going to change existing cards to be exact Panzer replacements. The 8-star dragon are already great damage dealers in their own rights and does not need to be improved further (see my previous reply).

Have a great July 4 weekend!
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby mefa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:08 pm

admin wrote: Yes, compared to Panzers they do have slighly less HP and their CD can only lower to 10, but that is no reason to make them any more potentially broken.

Admin / Playmage Support

Thanks Admin for a reply. If looking at the game in a longer term (i.e. 5 or 10 years as you developers do) what you are saying is making sense.

As you say a fully skilled dragon somehow is an equivalent to a panzer skill level 1 which is good neither weak nor breaking the game.

BUT, the main problem (and maybe the main reason for misunderstanding between the 2 groups) is the INITIAL CD for dragons which is very very high (=25).

As suggested, lowering the initial CD of dragons (let say from 25 to 20) can be a very good solution :ugeek:

Because with CD=25 dragons are useless and it take years to skill them up to a useful CD.

But an initial CD=20 for dragons can somehow bring them back into the game with a lot of fun without any chance for breaking the game and can entertain many players to evolve them to 8* and to slowly skill them up.

*****************************************************************************************************************
****** Playmage, I really appreciate if you seriously consider this suggestion . THANK YOU ******
*****************************************************************************************************************
mefa

Postby admin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:22 pm

The suggestion was seriously considered by the design team and was it has already been firmly decided that they will not be changed. Their initial CD actually used to be 30 and was already lowered to 25, but we cannot lower it any further as some players already have their skills raised to very high level.

Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby mistervista » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:42 pm

admin wrote:The suggestion was seriously considered by the design team and was it has already been firmly decided that they will not be changed. Their initial CD actually used to be 30 and was already lowered to 25, but we cannot lower it any further as some players already have their skills raised to very high level.

Admin / Playmage Support

And therein lies the whole root of the problem. Because 'some players' have maxed cards ( dragons, panzers etc ) the rest of us have to suffer. How is that fair? I would suggest that the only reason most of those players you speak of have those cards is because they took advantage of the broken shop which was fixed before newer players had chance to take advantage of it. For instance, being able to buy as many 2* Dragons as they liked obviously saved them years of evolving to get multiple 8* Dragons. Likewise with other cards and materials.
So rather than punish the rest of us for your mistake in allowing them to get easy pickings and overpowered cards, how about giving us all one free 8* dragon and one free panzer of our choice just to level the playing field a little bit? That would be the easiest and fairest way all round to solve the major issues we are having now.
mistervista

Postby mefa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:26 pm

admin wrote:The suggestion was seriously considered by the design team and was it has already been firmly decided that they will not be changed. Their initial CD actually used to be 30 and was already lowered to 25, but we cannot lower it any further as some players already have their skills raised to very high level.

Admin / Playmage Support

Thanks admin for your quick, clear and kind reply. Honestly, I didn't know this piece of history about the game! (CD=30 to 25)!

Dear mistervista, I am a mid level player (didn't have the chance to buy anything before shop fix!) and understand your frustration as I had the very same while ago!

But I rather decided to slow down my game play and give it some time to buy some good cards from shop.

After you get a couple of HP and other special cards (i.e. Zeus, Hectate, etc and Hell m., Fencer, Cannoneer, Falen) from shop also some cards from guild war, for example 8* Bahamut=The dragon of the legend, which has 3K HP and fantastic passive skill of attack type attack x3 (This includes active attack i.e. you Medusa will hit some 150K instead of 50K) and some new cards like horseman, raid boss etc YOU WILL START TO ENJOY THE GAME AGAIN. (it may take a few months or even 1 year)

For some unclear reasons to me, playmage wants the dragons to be a very small part of the game!!

Dear admin, as things have changed a lot about the game, could you please ask the developers to look into this suggestion again? lowering CD of normal dragons from 25 to 22 or 20 should not change things very much.

Could you please ask developers to look into this again? Please bring their attention to the huge fun and entertainment that can be injected to the game this way... and many other benefits... for example reducing frustration in the game for many players in different levels...

I understand that it may be some technical difficulties, for example, what about those who have already leveled from 25 to 23? if this is the case the solution might be scaling this for example extra bonus for them and leveling them from 23 to 19 instead of 20!

in case they still disagree, could please give us some feedback, why the developers don't want another reduction? because it does not look that a level 22 or 20 even leveled up to skill 10/10 and with CD=10 can broke the game in any way.
mefa

Postby jamiet » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:59 pm

admin wrote:
jamiet wrote:
Ragnarok72 wrote:5* satyrs alrdy able to skill lvl 8* star dragons. From ur post I deduct u dont have an 8* dragon as both damage and cd are wrong... Pls read through forum a bit or ask some veteran player be4 making such post. Ur post jamiet is just a good example of the ignorance most newer players have...

sad when an older player gets showed up and resorts to flaming.... let me put it in simpler words for you so you can under-stand my pro-po-sal. i have 6* dragon and the active skill is exactly the same as the 8*'s( and i haven't put much more effort into evolving it because of this point). Heavy damage deals 15x normal damage and great deals 30x normal damage, it's a linear damage line it's not unknown or sporadic. What this guy can't seem to understand is that i'm proposing to change the 8* dragons heavy damage skill to great doubling the damage just for the 8*(it's an 8* card i think it deserves it for all the time and trouble geting a lvl 60 8*). and yes the current 5* saytr reduces the cd for the heavy damage but to keep change minimal i was also proposing if the 8* dragon was changed to great that a 6* saytr be introduced with the same skill as the 8* dragon (because the 5* saytr would no longer decrease the cd for that 8* dragon because of different skill names)(if you need someone to explain how skill leveling works pm because i don't think you quite understand it). hope this clarifies my proposal :D

The "older player" is not flaming, but is trying to help you but didn't leave enough explanation. The 8-star dragons active skill actually already do more damage than panzer's active skill, have higher attack bonus leader skill, and cost 10 less CP. You would know this if you actually had a maxed 8-star dragon, because even though the skill is the same as the 6-star, it's multiplied the dragon's base damage that drastically increase with each evolution. Basically, you already will get what you are petitioning without any changes because of the increased base damage. Yes, compared to Panzers they do have slighly less HP and their CD can only lower to 10, but that is no reason to make them any more potentially broken.

Hope this clarifies things & have a great July 4 weekend!
Admin / Playmage Support

can any players confirm that the 8* dragons active skill does more damage than their maxed panzer equivalent. i'm under the impression that heavy deals 15x base and great deals 30x base. lets do some math

8* fire dragon max att stat: 1473 (in game this fluctuates a few points) so roughly 1473 x 15 = 22095
7* maxed fire panzer att state 1137, so roughly 1137 x 30 = 34110

please chim in if you've got one and let me know how much damage their "breaths" actually do
jamiet

Postby Byce » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:35 pm

8* fire dragon - 31800 dmg

7* fire panzer - 30775
Byce

Postby jamiet » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Byce wrote:8* fire dragon - 31800 dmg

7* fire panzer - 30775

i apologize and rescind this discussion, i'm fine with everything the way it is
jamiet