petition to change 8* dragons to great damage

Re: petition to change 8* dragons to great damage

Postby _0nyx_ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:07 am

I am most certainly not fine with everything the way it is, but whatever life goes on. Maybe one day I'll get lucky on this game.
_0nyx_

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:32 am

So, you want 8* Dragons to deal more damage than they currently do, considering they already deal more damage than Panzers? For real? Panzers were put on hold due to creating an easy access route for damage, so the 8* Dragons were given Satyrs to say; "here is a more powerful option with a LOWER CP requirement (which few people actually mention) assuming you can have the determination to finish the job".

That's a pretty good solution to the issue, and those who even have Panzers are ALSO doing the grind, because the 8* Dragons are superior. Everyone's chasing the same cards, and none of us have them yet.

Jamiet is right, once you put the math on the table, it's fine the way it is.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby _0nyx_ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59 am

_0nyx_ wrote:Satyrs never needed to be introduced, all they had to do was keep CD at 10 like their younger counterparts(or only be raised a little like to 15). Apparently they go through the rebellious stage once there stats are semi-useful and decide not to attack for another 15turns "used to be 20 more". They hit slightly higher than a panzer albeit much slower and they have less hp. However this is supposed to be counterbalanced by the fact that they cost less cp( balance was certainly not achieved with that). There are several cards that need a little rebalancing to make the game more interesting and less more of the same ie Flesh Lotus Queen, read my post about her to see why.

I'm talking about how slow they are, leaving them unusable in a lot of situations without a bit of luck. I never ever said anything about increasing there damage, I just said I'm not fine with everything about them as it is now. 8star dragons maxed out are only superior to unskilled panzers and even then the difference is neglible. The 8star dragon would have less hp and atk one turn slower, however their low cp cost would finally come to shine max and near max skill 8star dragons. I don't have the energy or time to run difficult and someday insane a billion times in order to get enough satyrs and then again be lucky enough to not have them go to waste(idk why they can't just let you get a 100%skill chance for 6copies) Id be ready to quit if I prepared 6of any 6star card and they all went to waste(but that wil never happen so no worries). The dragons are not more powerful than a nice panzer interns of atk speed and all that but they create more team opportunities leading to greater success. However that only applies to lucky and or wealthy players who have acquired such nice cards. I like this game, I won't quit because of underpowered dragons, because for some reason I am just plain addicted to this game.
_0nyx_

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:09 am

Well, good to hear you're not taking the cheap way out. And you should know that a very high percentage of Panzer users don't have a 5 turn Panzer. So if you get your Dragon to 9 turns, you'll still be better off than the 99% of Panzer holders.

But yes, you're right, it is an awfully slow project. Which is good, because it gives us something to achieve. My Succubus is still only 6/15, and is going to take for the foreseeable future to do. And if we all got what we wanted super fast, the game would be over.

In regards to grinding for Satyrs vs time, well, everyone has their wants and needs in life. No-one is capable of judging another for their time management or life priorities. In saying that however, PM are allowed to set the difficulty curve at a level in which they believe is a long term challenge but still doable for the majority of the player base. If you don't fit into that, or are unwilling, well, your call man, and we'll respect that regardless of which way it goes.

This whole game is a test of time, nothing else.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby _0nyx_ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:12 am

admin wrote:
Yes, compared to Panzers they do have slighly less HP and their CD can only lower to 10, but that is no reason to make them any more potentially broken.

Admin / Playmage Support

From what I see here Regular dragons will always be slower than raw panzers, but that would only really matter in a long fight or if you would have needed just one more turn for your max regular dragon. One thing Id like to hear about is how are we going to get satyrs after the horsemen swap out, because gem recruits is just plain expensive and unreliable and pal recruits, well that's a joke right.
_0nyx_

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion