petition to reduce dragons CD to a more useful number

petition to reduce dragons CD to a more useful number

Postby mefa » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Dear Admin,

I hope that you find this suggestion reasonable:

jamiet dropped "petition to change 8* dragons to great damage" after found out that 8* dragons hit almost as equal to 7* panzer.

However, the main difficulty for dragons is their very high CD of 25 and the infinite time required to skilled them to max 26/26, which the most players don't have it.

On that petition, I made this suggestion and you said it is already looked. But I said if you could reconsider with the current situation of the game and explained my suggestion as below.

Could you please ask developers to re-evaluate this suggestion?

admin wrote:
The suggestion was seriously considered by the design team and was it has already been firmly decided that they will not be changed. Their initial CD actually used to be 30 and was already lowered to 25, but we cannot lower it any further as some players already have their skills raised to very high level.

Have a great July 4 weekend!
Admin / Playmage Support

Thanks admin for your quick, clear and kind reply. Honestly, I didn't know this piece of history about the game! (CD=30 to 25)!

Dear mistervista, I am a mid level player (didn't have the chance to buy anything before shop fix!) and understand your frustration as I had the very same while ago!

But I rather decided to slow down my game play and give it some time to buy some good cards from shop.

After you get a couple of HP and other special cards (i.e. Zeus, Hectate, etc and Hell m., Fencer, Cannoneer, Falen) from shop also some cards from guild war, for example 8* Bahamut=The dragon of the legend, which has 3K HP and fantastic passive skill of attack type attack x3 (This includes active attack i.e. you Medusa will hit some 150K instead of 50K) and some new cards like horseman, raid boss etc YOU WILL START TO ENJOY THE GAME AGAIN. (it may take a few months or even 1 year)

For some unclear reasons to me, playmage wants the dragons to be a very small part of the game!!

Dear admin, as things have changed a lot about the game, could you please ask the developers to look into this suggestion again? lowering CD of normal dragons from 25 to 22 or 20 should not change things very much.

Could you please ask developers to look into this again? Please bring their attention to the huge fun and entertainment that can be injected to the game this way... and many other benefits... for example reducing frustration in the game for many players in different levels...

I understand that it may be some technical difficulties, for example, what about those who have already leveled from 25 to 23? if this is the case the solution might be scaling this for example extra bonus for them and leveling them from 23 to 19 instead of 20!

in case they still disagree, could please give us some feedback, why the developers don't want another reduction? because it does not look that a level 22 or 20 even leveled up to skill 10/10 and with CD=10 can broke the game in any way.
mefa

mefa

Re: petition to reduce dragons CD to a more useful number

Postby mistervista » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:20 pm

I agree, and they should make 3 or even 4 star dragons available in the shop because trying to collect enough 2 star dragons and strengthen and evolve them all takes an absolute eternity. It's taken me 4 months just to get one to 6 star but any dragon less than 8 star is pretty much useless in any scenario except for jewel dragon farming. I'm sick to the back teeth of trying to get enough 2 star dragons, it's so boring, tedious and infuriating.

However it's not just dragons that need their CD lowering. No card should have a CD of 30, that's just ridiculous. Most scenarios never allow that many spins. Guild war bosses certainly don't, in fact you'd have to be really lucky with several sets of free spins to get anywhere near that. Even then there are some 30 CD cards that really don't warrant that amount of CD for what they do.
Take Zeus for instance, although on the face of it a 30% hit on any enemy may seem great it's only useful for taking a chunk of health off, you can never kill an enemy with that skill. For instance, let's say an enemy has a measly 10 HP left. Using Zeus's 'awesome' skill would hit it for 3 points!! Wow. You still need a good attacker to actually kill enemies, so in something like the apocalypse insane levels Zeus is no use whatsoever so why the 30 CD I'll never know. Likewise with 6 star Vampires, Succubus and Medusa, and even 5 star Cerberus which only hits for around two thirds of the others yet still has a 30 CD. Why? That can't even be evolved any further, it's crazy. There are so many cards in this game that could be better but they are either limited by not being evolvable which makes them useless in any scenario that requires a high HP team, or they have such a ridiculously high CD that you hardly ever get to use them.

I understand that Playmage want variety and they don't want anyone to have good cards unless they pay an absolute fortune for them ( Even then you aren't guaranteed to get anything good. I have a friend who has spent over £700 and still got a very average deck! ) but limiting existing cards and making the game tedious and no fun is not helping anyone, unless you're a masochist! When you think that you can pick up some really great RPG's on PS3 for £3 or so and get months of great gameplay and fun out of them, this really doesn't make any sense at all does it?
mistervista

Postby Boop » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Dear Admin,

I hate hard work and effort. Stop it. I also hate when things don't go my way. When I gamble and lose, it's clearly your fault. I would appreciate it if loaded dice were a part of the game, and every time I rolled I got maximum numbers!

Much love
Haterclub
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby ZOOT » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:58 am

Dear admin please reduce the dragons to a CD of 1
So the game becomes fair and i can always win!!!
ZOOT

Postby Lee » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:08 am

Boop wrote:Dear Admin,

I hate hard work and effort. Stop it. I also hate when things don't go my way. When I gamble and lose, it's clearly your fault. I would appreciate it if loaded dice were a part of the game, and every time I rolled I got maximum numbers!

Much love
Haterclub

oooooh, your getting very cynical in your old age my old mucka.
Lee

Postby hawkeyes56 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:24 am

At least put 4 star dragons in guild shop to make it less time to evolve. 2 stars is painstaking :()
m60x26 poppyseed
hawkeyes56

Postby Lee » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:44 am

Whilst I would like an easier way to get dragons as it is somewhat painful.

but don't forget what's already as bonus cards on the maps
There are
2x2*
1x3*
1x4*
Which effectively gets you a 5* version of each dragon.

Couple this with the 4* you get as your starter team, your not very far from a 6* pretty quickly
Lee

Postby mistervista » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:03 am

Lee wrote:Whilst I would like an easier way to get dragons as it is somewhat painful.

but don't forget what's already as bonus cards on the maps
There are
2x2*
1x3*
1x4*
Which effectively gets you a 5* version of each dragon.

Couple this with the 4* you get as your starter team, your not very far from a 6* pretty quickly

Yes but as stated earlier 6* Dragons are mostly useless and it's still a Hell of a long way from an 8*. You still need loads and loads of 2* Dragons, materials, coins and time. I don't want to spend every waking hour trying to get them and having zero social life and no time to play all my other games.
mistervista

Postby Ragnarok72 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Do a couple of gem draws and u will have lots of 4* draggies. When not wanting to spend money, u shouldn't be complaining about the long grind. Instead, be happy there at least is a way to obtain the 8* dragon without spending a penny...
Ragnarok72

Postby yutyu » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:52 pm

mistervista wrote:I agree, and they should make 3 or even 4 star dragons available in the shop because trying to collect enough 2 star dragons and strengthen and evolve them all takes an absolute eternity. It's taken me 4 months just to get one to 6 star but any dragon less than 8 star is pretty much useless in any scenario except for jewel dragon farming. I'm sick to the back teeth of trying to get enough 2 star dragons, it's so boring, tedious and infuriating.

However it's not just dragons that need their CD lowering. No card should have a CD of 30, that's just ridiculous. Most scenarios never allow that many spins. Guild war bosses certainly don't, in fact you'd have to be really lucky with several sets of free spins to get anywhere near that. Even then there are some 30 CD cards that really don't warrant that amount of CD for what they do.
Take Zeus for instance, although on the face of it a 30% hit on any enemy may seem great it's only useful for taking a chunk of health off, you can never kill an enemy with that skill. For instance, let's say an enemy has a measly 10 HP left. Using Zeus's 'awesome' skill would hit it for 3 points!! Wow. You still need a good attacker to actually kill enemies, so in something like the apocalypse insane levels Zeus is no use whatsoever so why the 30 CD I'll never know. Likewise with 6 star Vampires, Succubus and Medusa, and even 5 star Cerberus which only hits for around two thirds of the others yet still has a 30 CD. Why? That can't even be evolved any further, it's crazy. There are so many cards in this game that could be better but they are either limited by not being evolvable which makes them useless in any scenario that requires a high HP team, or they have such a ridiculously high CD that you hardly ever get to use them.

4* dragon in shop? Why such torture? Playmage should just put 8* dragon in guild shop (also must be already level 60/60 and skill level 16/16 because why not?) at 10 GP only because 1 round of Solomon takes 5 minutes, which is ridiculous because the moment I installed this game, I should already have all cards and be winning. ;)

Playmage must also make this low CD card and give it to me. Just spin 3 times and everything gets slapped with 13 million damage, instant win! It must be so challenging :)
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion