Last Guild War - Record breaking numbers

Last Guild War - Record breaking numbers

Postby Straturli » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:59 pm

The last guild war ended with record breaking numbers for many people, and the top four guilds did incredible numbers.

I offer congratulations first.

Second, I offer this: 1 chance per 3 hours. 168 hours a week = 56 rolls maximum free. 1200 (for simple math) maximum points per chance. That means doing pure max, 67,200 points per player. 32 players in a guild = 2150400

The top four guilds all greatly exceeded that number. This means that people were paying. Guild number 5 did not exceed this number.

This game is 100% pay-to-win.

I'm done with playmage. I play Timeworld, Dreamworld, DragonEra and DragonTear. I'm done.
In my guild, one member did over 1,000,000 by himself. Our guild got 4th. I paid. I paid in previous wars. The problem is, I have paid more for this game than I would for a high quality console game. The guy doing over 1,000,000 had to pay minimum 8500 gems. And his reward? The same as fifth place.

So we lost and now member S is complaining? Rage quit already, right?

Here's the thing, last four guild wars we were close to beating the top three. Less than 100,000 each time with our members paying money. I paid. And I just watched many of my friends pay, tons, for nothing. Because we have less disposable income than the guys in the top 3.

And what about the people below us that obviously don't have as much disposable income? Is it fair we are better than them?

Nope.

See, I didn't spend this round, because I was tired of wasting my money. And I realized that with all the money I have spent on this game, I wasn't even in the top 50% of my guild. I was the second member in this guild, top performer until I stopped paying.

So here's the real takeaway: This game is going to take your money, give you a random chance for nothing in return and then make you suck as soon as you don't dump ludicrous amounts into it.

Playmage, you built superior f2p games. Based on the money you had to have made from the last guild war alone, you have a great business model that obviously works for you. But it is time for your customer base to wake up. I stopped spending and you punished me for it, now I'm not going to play at all.
Straturli

Re: Last Guild War - Record breaking numbers

Postby mistervista » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:53 am

+1

Also, with regards to your calculation of points attainable from guild wars, in real terms it's actually much worse than that when you allow for people having to sleep, go to work etc. That means it's impossible to get the top rewards even if you managed to kill the boss every time. That's simply unfair. It should at least be possible to reach 50k without paying. They should either increase the points you get from the damage you do to it or shorten the waiting time between goes to 2 hours max.
I was off work this week so I managed to play at every single refresh throughout the guild war whenever I was awake and still couldn't get the 40k I wanted to get the 6* reward, let alone the 50k for the top card. Even if I'd used all the gems I have it wouldn't have been enough, even though it was the best I've done in any guild war yet. That just sucks! To make something impossible without paying is simply unfair, underhand and immoral.
mistervista

Postby admin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:50 am

There was never have been a claim made that buying or saving up Gems aren't needed to win top ranks in guild war, and you won't find many similar free-to-play mobile/web games with guild competition element that can claim it's not influenced by level of game support. We do realize Guild Wars do heavily reward guilds with highest level of support for the game, but it's not the only determining factor, as correct strategy and cooperation makes a huge difference as well.

Please keep in mind that players who do not (or rarely) buy Gems can save up their earned Gems just for Guild Wars as well. You may be surprised to know that one the players who first beat the expansion chapters, maxed out special boss cards, and contribute very well each GW before he retired is someone who have not bought a single Gem - but done so through planning, saving, and grinding endlessly with bit of luck and the help of his guild. However, you won't find a guild full of such players as they tend to bond with other top players who supports the game. I personally do like the "pay to win" aspects of when I play other free-to-play games, but I understand it's part of the business and do not consider it "immoral". Guild War is one part of Dragon Era that we do give supporters huge leverage for ranking placement, and there is no hiding of the fact we do use it to generate good boost to the game's revenue.

Also, buying or even saving up earned Gems are also not designed to be necessary to earn all the Boss Card in Guild War either once you eventually have become strong and dedicated enough. Outside reaching top ranks of Guild War, the game is pretty much free to play and enjoy, including the all content and level as long as you are willing to put in the long amount effort (grinding stages, earning cards, and saving up potions/Gems) that supporter can skip by purchasing Gems. If someone was lead to believe the ranking placement for Guild War was a 100% pure skill based competition, i do apologize on the dev's behave, but I do not have the power to change how it is.
admin
Site Admin

Postby _0nyx_ » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:33 am

Just play Pokemon(my only problem is the design) if you want "more" skill based battles, or play one of those nice console/computer games(Skyrim, Dark Souls, Zelda, and Monster Hunter come to mind)(all of these games together are way more skill based and much cheaper to be a winner).
This game will start burning a hole in your pocket the moment you start spending. However some people got money for new pants so it's not a problem for them, however if you don't got the money, you'll soon find yourself naked wondering how you ended up spending $1,000+ dollars on a gamble that has no "real" return value. It's free to play, so play however you want, just don't expect to win a war of gambling and cash without more cash than your opponents, simple as that. The guild wars provide to me what I need as a f2p player to advance through the storyline(2.5xhp and element blocking cards come to mind) Anyways good luck, you will most certainly need it for this game.
_0nyx_

Postby ZOOT » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:35 am

In the end you can choosenfor yourself to buy or not to buy!!
Playmage only gives you a option to do it!!
ZOOT

Postby yutyu » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:36 am

Why not to scatter your guild members during guild war so everyone earns their own guild war boss card in so many lower level guilds and then let them come back after war?
That way, you can get your guild war boss cards and no one has to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars, it's more economical that way.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby mistervista » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 am

yutyu wrote:Why not to scatter your guild members during guild war so everyone earns their own guild war boss card in so many lower level guilds and then let them come back after war?
That way, you can get your guild war boss cards and no one has to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars, it's more economical that way.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You can't get the boss card unless you score over 50k points and that's impossible to do without spending money. Lowering the refresh rate to 1 and a half or 2 hours at most would be the fairest way to make it possible. That would also make it more competitive and much more fun.
mistervista

Postby yutyu » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 am

mistervista wrote:
yutyu wrote:Why not to scatter your guild members during guild war so everyone earns their own guild war boss card in so many lower level guilds and then let them come back after war?

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You can't get the boss card unless you score over 50k points and that's impossible to do without spending money. Lowering the refresh rate to 1 and a half or 2 hours at most would be the fairest way to make it possible. That would also make it more competitive and much more fun.

Actually, it is possible. Just ask those members in the top guilds, with a star they can get 1190+ GP nearly every battle (At least for Tree of Life boss)
Guild war lasts for 7 days (168 hours) and that means you can get up to 55 battles if you do your battles right on time continuously minus roughly 3 minutes needed for each battle. (that is why it is not 56 battles)
This requires dedication, multiple alarm apps, waking up in the middle of the night, pretending to go restroom during work every 3 hours, basically time your life according to every battle every 3 hours for a week.
55 battles at 1192 GP on average you can get 65,560 GP and that guarantees a boss card. You can even afford to miss a few battles here and there and still get 50k+
They might actually get more than 1192 average if their guild have guild lab lv22 that gives +19% war points for every battle.

All you need is the right cards, right friends and right attitude.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby pudgy87 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:25 pm

All I want to say is that I spent nothing this war and I got 53000 points getting 1200 a round with star. It can be done and I wanna +1 yuyutu comment good idea unless u know ur guild will win
DE code dmb0xy
pudgy87

Postby darkmeter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:45 pm

I haven't spent money on a gw yet and have gotten 50k+ the last 4 gws. I may have to use some free gems (no more than 50) anytime to get the 50k mainly because I enjoy sleep and have work :p.
darkmeter

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion