Arc the Lad Rocks Recruiting

Re: Arc the Lad Rocks Recruiting

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:16 pm

1 - Arc the Lad (cool as heck game from yesteryear), respect.
2 - Level 8 shop is hard work, but if you keep pushing and recruit well, you'll get there, chin up!
3 - Rud(I'm retired but not enough to not come back and smack a fool upside the head)ran
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby arcthelad » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Boop, when people say retired, do they mean something semi-official in the game or just that they no longer play? And how many retired legends are out there?
arcthelad

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:04 pm

ATL (Arcthelad, hence forth).

There are a lot of people out there who started 6+ months ago that are 'falling off' as it were. Every war the game loses maybe 5-10 level 150+ members with VERY strong teams just because the game is not evolving fast enough, read: not enough new content at a pace that players require.

How many? Couldn't put a finger on it, but a lot.

And there are also a lot in semi-retire that are basically like, "I'm hanging around in case something super cool happens in upcoming patches, but don't expect me to give you any money until then, and don't be suprised if I uninstall tomorrow".
Boop

Postby arcthelad » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Oh, I see. I guess I am part of the second or third wave since I just started playing two months ago. I was wondering why I didn't see anybody over level 175.

BTW, is there a max player level in this game?
arcthelad

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Once upon a time in Dragon Era land, 150 was the max level. Until the evil queen cursed the player base with a promise of level 180. The brave warriors fight daily to see their strength improve to such levels, but they usually cry themselves to sleep in the mid 160's.
Boop

Postby arcthelad » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Ok, so 180 is the official max at this point? I hope not because once you hit the max level, the game would get extremely boring.
arcthelad

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:37 pm

When you hit 165+, you'll understand how long it will take you to get to level 180. I don't think you have anything to worry about. And when Chapter 8 gets extended, you'll have even less to worry about. Leveling up has nothing (and I really mean nothing)to do with excite vs boring in this game.
Boop

Postby arcthelad » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:41 pm

I guess I just mean b/c it would max out how many command points you could have, and then you could not build stronger teams (according to cp, that is).
arcthelad

Postby Boop » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:52 pm

To each their own, but I think that's where you're wrong. Once you max CP you have to start balancing your teams even more, because it isn't just a 'field your best within reason', now it becomes an increased level of mathcraft leading to 'field your optimal statistics'. It'll probably take a good couple of weeks to figure that out. On top of that, do you have all the cards which would classify as optimal? That adds another layer of problems. Having all your CP would make this game more fun from a theory perspective, not more boring.

Being level 180 won't give you such a huge advantage that you won't need revives in Chapter 8. And if you think it does, you've got some big suprises coming. That 10 extra CP won't change the world.
Boop

Postby arcthelad » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 pm

Boop, thanks for the info. Right now, I am just taking my time leveling up all my cards, and I have only used two revives the entire game, so I guess I am in for some big surprises, lol.
arcthelad

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion