extra leader skill usage suggestion

extra leader skill usage suggestion

Postby mistervista » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:13 pm

I would like to suggest introducing the option to utilise one of the leader skills of the other team members.
Not only would it make the game much more fun, it would also add an extra element of strategy/tactics because I can't count the number of times I need 3 or more different skills at the same time but have to settle for just 2 that aren't really up to the task.
Any worries of it becoming too easy or teams being overpowered could be negated by making the leader skill of the mid - team member operate at a percentage of it's original power, increasing it's countdown or any other limitation Playmage wanted to put in place.
I just think this, if implemented properly, would make every fight so much more interesting.
mistervista

Re: EXTRA LEADER SKILL USAGE SUGGESTION

Postby Boop » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:03 pm

I suggest you read the suggestions thread(s) and don't create suggestions that were suggested months ago.

But it does say something when multiple people have said similar or identical thoughts.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby mistervista » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Sorry but I don't have time to trawl through thousands of posts on the off-chance there might be something similar from months ago, and if there was then the issue obviously hasn't been addressed so it needs to be reassessed. I just thought this was the best idea so far for injecting some much needed fun into the game.
mistervista

Postby Boop » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Mmm, I forget you came into the community somewhat recently. I still advise looking through the suggestion thread, it'll give you context on the following 3 points;

1 - Suggestions PM actually take on board and use
2 - Suggestions PM politely pass to the dev team
3 - Suggestions PM don't acknowledge

It will also let you see how the game has evolved over time, and give better indication to the direction of the game. Which can help you with the suggestions you make.

The one you made above in the original post, I agree with it. It would add a lot of new tactical elements and allow the difficulty curve to increase once more. But it was ignored twice already, and posted by two different people (now three different people). Good to see you trying to solve problems though. :)
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby yutyu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:02 pm

This suggestion will likely not be acknowledged, here is why:
1. This change would affect all current strategies in this game.
2. This change would make current stages a little easier, they would be required to redesign all current stages to give this game some challenge.
3. The benefit of this change is a grey zone, they might receive user backlash from implementing it. There is significant risk.
4. Time needed to make these changes to the core logic of the game + testing time is not something short as this is considered a major change. They will not go for it unless they are sure it is 100% good.
5. This reduces the need for strategy and everyone can just plow through stages with leader skills. This makes the game boring in my opinion. Strategy is the fun part of this game.
6. This also increases power gap between players, someone with a lot more good cards will benefit more from this. A lot of players are going to complain about unfairness if this is implemented.
7. Altering game balance is not good at this stage of the game, too many points need to be considered.

There might be slight overlap in a few of these points, I just woke up, brain is not running at full speed yet.
DRAGON ERA
Retired from the forum
yutyu

Postby Ragnarok72 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:25 am

Well yutyu, I guess there is an "easy" solution to all that: create a new set of dungeons where the new rules apply. In the 'old content' u'll only be able to use two ldrs, in the new chapters/storylines multiple leader skills..

I'm not sure however this would be what mistervista wants, as it leaves the current stages at their current difficulty, but it would be very nice to have two ways to play the same cards...
Ragnarok72

Re: extra leader skill usage suggestion

Postby admin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:21 am

It's not a bad suggestion, but having two leader skill can be already over-powering in certain situations due to how multiplier stacks, adding a third one (even at fractional power) will completely make the game broken with certain combinations, even if we create special dungeons where such can apply. Allow cards to swap into the leader position mid-battle can be game breaking too due to versatility, but the design team would likely be more open to something like creating a leader skill that allows such swapping than compared to allowing more than 2 leader skills. I will run this by them but that doesn't mean they would agree to it, as there are might other better mechanics to add for the future expansion.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mistervista » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Well my main motivation for this suggestion was that there are so many leader skills which go completely unused.
In the vast majority of scenarios the only viable option for everyone is to use a light healer/damage reducer combo. Take the present apocalypse dungeon as an example. How many players use anything other than a light healer with a Blackbeard? Using any other combination just isn't an option.
I'd love to use lots of my other cards leader skills in different battles but it just isn't possible if you want to survive. The only time I ever use anything else is when farming jewel dragons because that's easy, but even then you have to use a healer helper.
In anything more difficult it just makes 90% of other cards leader skills defunct because you can't use them, unless you like failing!
mistervista

Postby slacks » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:20 pm

admin wrote:It's not a bad suggestion, but having two leader skill can be already over-powering in certain situations due to how multiplier stacks, adding a third one (even at fractional power) will completely make the game broken with certain combinations, even if we create special dungeons where such can apply. Allow cards to swap into the leader position mid-battle can be game breaking too due to versatility, but the design team would likely be more open to something like creating a leader skill that allows such swapping than compared to allowing more than 2 leader skills. I will run this by them but that doesn't mean they would agree to it, as there are might other better mechanics to add for the future expansion.

It's only broken if you allow any leader to be selected, which is why it would make more sense for leader skills to be tied to a numerical value based on their usefulness, then set a limit on that numerical value to restrict the leaders to certain card combinations (similar to CP) and allow that max value to go up based on the player's level.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Return to Dragon Era Discussion